2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah you did move the goal posts a little. Not enough for me to comment but I dont think its being a homer. When I saw your list with Terry Glenn and David Boston I was getting ready to type out Randall Hill and Irvin and Lamar just to be a smart *** but then I realized the point you were trying to make, it is hard to compete with their RECENT production.

Not trying to come at you but you just did a poor job of relaying your point because I did think the same thing and was going to comment on how I always laugh at the recruiting pitch of look at these old guys we developed so we can develop you if you wear this color jersey, like nah look at the people who coached and developed and for OSU those guys in large part still there.

And I would have responded that Lamar Thomas was not a 1st round pick. All the WR's I posted for OSU were. The point was and still is, that OSU has produced more 1st round WR's recently and ever compared to UM. That is the selling point to JJ.

Yes, we can point to a lot of guys who had great careers in the league that came from UM, but JJ doesn't want to be a 4th, 5th round pick and wait to get paid on his 2nd contract. He wants to be developed into a 1st round pick so he gets paid coming out of school.

Advertisement
Did you just tell a former UM starter to not be such a Homer??.....Mannnnnnnn take your *** to bed.

Yes, I did. I don't care that he played for UM. I have friends and clients who played for UM, and very few are blind homers. ****, most have **** on the program for the last 15 years for the disaster it has become. So I have no problem telling a former Cane to not be constant homer.

Eh, yeah, not as many 1st round picks as OSU. Which is what the discussion was. I know you're old, but try to remember what the topic at hand was.
Yes....more 1st round picks on my list....Stop it....A MFing HOFer, and 2 more soon to be, and you're honestly going to put your list up against mine??.....Lol...

Yes, I did. I don't care that he played for UM. I have friends and clients who played for UM, and very few are blind homers. ****, most have **** on the program for the last 15 years for the disaster it has become. So I have no problem telling a former Cane to not be constant homer.
I'm sure you do........

Advertisement
Yes....more 1st round picks on my list....Stop it....A MFing HOFer, and 2 more soon to be, and you're honestly going to put your list up against mine??.....Lol...

No, your list does not have more 1st round picks than the list I provided. My entire list was 1st round picks. So that is 9. Your list has 6. For someone who claims to know everything about UM, you sure as **** got this wrong.

And I would have responded that Lamar Thomas was not a 1st round pick. All the WR's I posted for OSU were. The point was and still is, that OSU has produced more 1st round WR's recently and ever compared to UM. That is the selling point to JJ.

Yes, we can point to a lot of guys who had great careers in the league that came from UM, but JJ doesn't want to be a 4th, 5th round pick and wait to get paid on his 2nd contract. He wants to be developed into a 1st round pick so he gets paid coming out of school.
lol ok swap out Lamar Thomas (pretty sure early second round) and sub in Eddie Brown or Yatil ******* green it makes no difference my guy. I am saying just stick to the narrative they produced more first round picks recently. No reason to go into history and then try to box in the argument that its just first rounders when back then first round money aint nearly what it is now. I doubt JJ cares about Terry Glenn getting drafted in the first round in 1996. RECENT first rounders no one would even argue with you.

No, your list does not have more 1st round picks than the list I provided. My entire list was 1st round picks. So that is 9. Your list has 6. For someone who claims to know everything about UM, you sure as **** got this wrong.
UM has 10 1st round WRs since 1985....how many does Ohio St have in that timeframe??....I'll wait....

Eddie Brown
Stanley Shakespeare
Michael Irvin (HOF)
Brett Perriman
Brian Blades
Randall Hill
Wesley Carroll
Lamar Thomas
Kevin Williams
Reggie Wayne (HOF soon)
Santana Moss (better numbers than 3 HOF WRs)
Andre Johnson (HOF soon)

Checkmate........

Incredible list that rivals any all time list. But in recent years OSU is king at that position.

Advertisement
lol ok swap out Lamar Thomas (pretty sure early second round) and sub in Eddie Brown or Yatil ******* green it makes no difference my guy. I am saying just stick to the narrative they produced more first round picks recently. No reason to go into history and then try to box in the argument that its just first rounders when back then first round money aint nearly what it is now. I doubt JJ cares about Terry Glenn getting drafted in the first round in 1996. RECENT first rounders no one would even argue with you.

However you want to look at it, the point remains the same, OSU has produced more reason 1st round WR (which I stated clearly) as well as overall. Now, UM receivers in the NFL have been far more productive, but, this is about getting taken in the 1st round.

I sh*t more UM Knowledge every morning, than you'll ever know in your life.....believe that...Walk into my home and you'd understand...

Advertisement
\
UM has 10 1st round WRs since 1985....how many does Ohio St have in that timeframe??....I'll wait....

Bro....I'm with you on this.

But I'm not sure these kids care about 1985 like we do. They just see Garrett, Olave, JSN and what's about to be with Harrison and Egbuka.

We about done blowing other programs around here or what?

Are you a child? Are you not able to have a rationale discussion? I get you're a Cane fan (as am I), but do you believe it makes you less of one simply pointing out facts regarding another program?

Advertisement
I sh*t more UM Knowledge every morning, than you'll ever know in your life.....believe that...Walk into my home and you'd understand...
you should see your doctor.

Miami has the best receiver list of the last century. Ohio State has the best the last decade.

can we all move on?

An excerpt from tonight's Sun Sentinel interview with JJ Smith, the night before ESD:

“Coach Cristobal, he just a Miami guy,” Smith said. “Just telling me, ‘Stay home because you and Joshisa Trader, Jordan Lyle, all the guys committed, we can definitely do something special, bring Miami back to the way it used to be.'”

Day reiterated the reasons Smith picked Ohio State in the first place, Smith said.

“Just telling me to keep the main thing the main thing,” Smith said. “Telling me why I committed to Ohio State. I know the reason why. Just I want to be developed into a first-round draft pick, win a national championship and all.”

As for Norvell, Smith said the Seminoles coach told him how hard he works for his players.

“Just telling me how I get his all each and every day if I choose to go to Florida State,” Smith said “Florida State’s a great program, seeing how they did on the offensive side of the ball with Keon Coleman, Johnny Wilson and those guys. Coach Mike up there definitely (has) got Florida State back in the right direction.”

One late issue that has cropped up for all three of those teams is their quarterback situation. Ohio State starter Kyle McCord and Miami starter Tyler Van Dyke have both transferred. Florida State starter Jordan Travis is out of eligibility.

The Buckeyes have four-star prospect Air Noland in their recruiting class. The Seminoles have four-star prospect Luke Kromenhoek in their class. The Hurricanes have three-star prospect Judd Anderson committed. Additionally, Miami and FSU are battling for transfer quarterback Cam Ward, who starred at Washington State.

“It’s definitely playing a big part in my situation, definitely,” Smith said. “The quarterback, that’s the main thing you need as a receiver. … That’s definitely going to play a big part in my decision, for sure.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back