2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yall think FSU sends Norvell to break down film with the OL, since Cristobal is a OL HC. Show them how to do a pin and pull much more fizcal and shyyt?

sad stan marsh GIF by South Park

Advertisement
To me, I look at it like this: Mario got a 10 year contract. He knows for an absolute fact he has time. If I’m him, I’m prioritizing a complete overhaul in order to build a long term program, and that may require some growing pains. He stepped into a toxic culture, and had to wipe the slate clean. I’ve been just as frustrated as everyone, and often doubt him, but when I look at it from 30,000 feet, everything is trending in the right direction. Some coaches step into better environments than others, and I personally believe Miami’s culture over the past two decades has been one of the worst, most complacent cultures in the country.

But who honestly knows, we can only hope we have the right man steering the ship. I think Norvell and Sark are hopeful examples. They walked into terrible cultures. Terrible year 1 & year 2 at both places, then, once the culture was in place with a roster full of their guys, they had a meteoric rise.
Cant speak to you individually but in the aggregate this is pretty revisionist. When Mario was hired, the aggregate opinion was that with our schedule, relative talent and the new portal rules an above average coach had us winning 8-9 right away. Going into year one during the summer the expectations were that we were going to win 8-9 and in particular because of the portal acquisition on defense and the front 4. Well that year turned out to be a disaster. Then we started hearing rumblings, usually absolving Mario of making awful coordinator choices that the culture was so bad and it was just not realistic.

Well year two starts and the hype started up again by the same people. This time the portal acquisitions were even better, objectively that was factual, and once again we are a 8-9 win team. The culture had been turned around and everything is going great. Well as it turns out the QB room had been mismanaged, and while the roster was all but flipped, not fully but most of it, we were still undisciplined and we went 7-5.

I do agree with you that certain things are trending in the right direction and I personally have more faith in the direction we are going than I had with every coach but Richt, and even with Richt my mope self was warning people we were going to be weak at DT and Rosier sucked. That last comment aside, that is such a low bar set in the first place especially for the money being shelled out. At the same time I see certain things not trending in the right direction. While most of the roster has without a doubt been upgraded, some positions have not including the most important on the field in QB as of this moment. We are disasters on gameday which includes management and penalties.

I hope this ends up like Norvell and Sark and thats where we are currently at, but that insinuation alone suggest there are doubts because things are off. One thing is for sure, I hope we get our QB and knock it out the park everywhere else in the portal because this is a make or break season coming up. Not for Mario, because he is here for 10 years either way, but for the program's future. I hope to God your outlook is the correct one.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Cant speak to you individually but in the aggregate this is pretty revisionist. When Mario was hired, the aggregate opinion was that with our schedule, relative talent and the new portal rules an above average coach had us winning 8-9 right away. Going into year one during the summer the expectations were that we were going to win 8-9 and in particular because of the portal acquisition on defense and the front 4. Well that year turned out to be a disaster. Then we started hearing rumblings, usually absolving Mario of making awful coordinator choices that the culture was so bad and it was just not realistic.

Well year two starts and the hype started up again by the same people. This time the portal acquisitions were even better, objectively that was factual, and once again we are a 8-9 win team. The culture had been turned around and everything is going great. Well as it turns out the QB room had been mismanaged, and while the roster was all but flipped, not fully but most of it, we were still undisciplined and we went 7-5.

I do agree with you that certain things are trending in the right direction and I personally have more faith in the direction we are going than I had with every coach but Richt, and even with Richt my mope self was warning people we were going to be weak at DT and Rosier sucked. That last comment aside, that is such a low bar set in the first place especially for the money being shelled out. At the same time I see certain things not trending in the right direction. While most of the roster has without a doubt been upgraded, some positions have not including the most important on the field in QB as of this moment. We are disasters on gameday which includes management and penalties.

I hope this ends up like Norvell and Sark and thats where we are currently at, but that insinuation alone suggest there are doubts because things are off. One thing is for sure, I hope we get our QB and knock it out the park everywhere else in the portal because this is a make or break season coming up. Not for Mario, because he is here for 10 years either way, but for the program's future. I hope to God your outlook is the correct one.
All fair points. I think the makeup of the roster that he took over wasn’t nearly as good as people thought, yet, I still would have expected more wins year 1. But again, people really don’t understand how bad the culture has been for the past few decades (I’ve been very close to the program in the past and I saw up close and personal how dog **** it was).

I’m hoping Sark is the blueprint. Longer term contract, was told by the administration he had some time. He took over a roster that everyone thought could win 9-10 games. He went 5-7 and 7-5 his first two years (sound familiar?). I live in Austin, and holy **** it was toxic. People wanted his head on a stake. Now they worship the ground he walks on. We’ll see what trajectory Mario takes but with the level of recruiting and roster building, I remain optimistic and hopeful.

Advertisement
Does he visit this weekend?
Let’s hope he does, and by the way the rest of this recruitment has went…. Let’s hope none of us hear about it.

I’d rather the public not know a **** thing and shock the world rather than his 6/7 visits be public and he shun the hometown team.

It’s literally like u read whatever is said and purposely think of something totally different to argue then just reply lol
Here’s the problem. I’ll break it down nice and easy for you. You are playing “captain save a hoe” for prison Mike Norvell on a Canes message board one week before signing day while the two teams duke it out for the #1 rated recruit in America.

Sometimes it’s not about being right, but knowing when to say things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back