2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, he’s announcing to FSU on Monday or Tuesday. This one is done.
Kenan Thompson What GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
To me if you gave me that record and I sat there and dwelled on it I would be venting. But I’m looking at it way differently than record. I’m looking at it as people in the uniform are slowly changing into monsters. I see growth (paws) I see athletes big and fast (paws)

So I am looking at it entirely different. If it were the old staffs I would join in the mope session, the reason was to me I didn’t like the way previous staffs recruited. It was basically set up for failure regardless of the rankings. I think this guy is a way better (leaps) better in identifying talent across the board. JMO and observation though
Based on what he is getting paid yearly, the expectations should be higher off rip. You shouldn’t be comparing him to our previous coaches you should be comparing him to other top tier coaches as he is getting paid as one.

Last I checked Mario isn’t the OC here. We have a bunch of 3* wr who all outperformed their “1st round picks”. Maybe he should ask Beard what he could do for him compared to Dugans who did nothing with Coleman and quite frankly didn’t exactly get highlighted in Norvells offense.

This is true. Dugans was our WR coach here back before we actually went all in and spent money on a top notch staff. We at Miami know Beard is a big upgrade

Last I checked Mario isn’t the OC here. We have a bunch of 3* wr who all outperformed their “1st round picks”. Maybe he should ask Beard what he could do for him compared to Dugans who did nothing with Coleman and quite frankly didn’t exactly get highlighted in Norvells offense.
U just missed every point on purpose lol

Recruiting is about selling what u have. Who do u think can sit in a room and tell a player how they will be utilized norvell,day, or mario?

Answers pretty simple, any school can just be like hey look here at are our wr stats lol no thats surface level ****. Day and norvell can sell years of success of them getting wrs to produce mario has how many?They can sit and breakdown tape of it..Thats an advantage

I think for top recruits the hc drives the ship and with mario track record vs the guys we are recruiting with its not the same

This doesn’t mean we can’t land him but its an unbias perspective everybody here is ignoring

Advertisement

Recruiting is about selling what u have. Who do u think can sit in a room and tell a player how they will be utilized norvell,day, or mario?

Answers pretty simple, any school can just be like hey look here at are our wr stats lol no thats surface level ****. Day and norvell can sell years of success of them getting wrs to produce mario has how many?They can sit and breakdown tape of it..Thats an advantage

I think for top recruits the hc drives the ship and with mario track record vs the guys we are recruiting with its not the same

This doesn’t mean we can’t land him but its an unbias perspective everybody here is ignoring
So, here is my question. If Mario cannot sit in someone's living room and explain to the player how he will use the player, and recruiting "is about selling what you have", how the **** is Mario one of the top 3 best recruiters in college football?

This statement is contradictory when it comes to Mario. It has to be. You said, "recruiting is about selling what u have. Who do u think can sit in a room and tell a player how they will be utilized Norvell, day, or Mario"?

Your obvious answer is "well, Norvell and Day can, but Mario can't". But that doesn't jive with your comment about recruiting because Mario can flat out recruit. If recruiting is about selling what you have and that involves being able to sit in a player's living room and explaining to him how he will be used by the head coach, and if Mario can't do that, but he can certainly recruit, then you just said something contradictory.

But u are also missing the point as well. And yes i read the exchange. You are not gonna have Mario selling an offensive system to a player. Its Dawson who is gonna do it. Its his scheme and his playcalling. He can draw up plays on a meeting room board and explain the in and outs and answer questions. I have my questions about the level if any of meddling Cristobal does, but they are just questions. Yet rival fans and some on here are convinced he is some evil overlord of offense and i simply do not agree with that. Yall Used it last offseason when yall were pushing the, " we cant recruit WRs because of Mario bro style". And i said we cant recruit WR because of Gattis. And i said it would change when we got rid of Gattis.....that happened. Now yall applying the same reasoning to QB. Everytime yall proven wrong, u find a new way to push the same narrative.

But u are also missing the point as well. And yes i read the exchange. You are not gonna have Mario selling an offensive system to a player. Its Dawson who is gonna do it. Its his scheme and his playcalling. He can draw up plays on a meeting room board and explain the in and outs and answer questions. I have my questions about the level if any of meddling Cristobal does, but they are just questions. Yet rival fans and some on here are convinced he is some evil overlord of offense and i simply do not agree with that. Yall Used it last offseason when yall were pushing the, " we cant recruit WRs because of Mario bro style". And i said we cant recruit WR because of Gattis. And i said it would change when we got rid of Gattis.....that happened. Now yall applying the same reasoning to QB. Everytime yall proven wrong, u find a new way to push the same narrative.
Bruh stop replying to me lol

So, here is my question. If Mario cannot sit in someone's living room and explain to the player how he will use the player, and recruiting "is about selling what you have", how the **** is Mario one of the top 3 best recruiters in college football?

This statement is contradictory when it comes to Mario. It has to be. You said, "recruiting is about selling what u have. Who do u think can sit in a room and tell a player how they will be utilized Norvell, day, or Mario"?

Your obvious answer is "well, Norvell and Day can, but Mario can't". But that doesn't jive with your comment about recruiting because Mario can flat out recruit. If recruiting is about selling what you have and that involves being able to sit in a player's living room and explaining to him how he will be used by the head coach, and if Mario can't do that, but he can certainly recruit, then you just said something contradictory.
I think mario does a great job of selling the vision of the program, he’s relentless and is probably one of the coolest most down to earth coaches in the country that kids will love and play their hearts out for

I don’t think he can sit a player down, especially a wr and breakdown how he they will be utilized. Its not a shot at mario and it doesn’t mean he cant do it im guessing he could still wind up landing jj without being great at it..Thats not the end all be all of course but im thinking it could factor in on recruitments like this where the kid doesn’t seem to be going for the vision of the program, home town type of stuff i could of course be wrong its just a guess like everything else

Sitting in someone living room is more about being a genuine stand up dude that the parents and family can trust they have someone who has the best interest for their kid whether they successful or not I think that’s why he is a great recruiter im talking about something else tho

Advertisement
I think mario does a great job of selling the vision of the program, he’s relentless and is probably one of the coolest most down to earth coaches in the country that kids will love and play their hearts out for

I don’t think he can sit a player down, especially a wr and breakdown how he they will be utilized. Its not a shot at mario and it doesn’t mean he cant do it im guessing he could still wind up landing jj without being great at it..Thats not the end all be all of course but im thinking it could factor in on recruitments like this where the kid doesn’t seem to be going for the vision of the program, home town type of stuff i could of course be wrong its just a guess like everything else

Sitting in someone living room is more about being a genuine stand up dude that the parents and family can trust they have someone who has the best interest for their kid whether they successful or not I think that’s why he is a great recruiter im talking about something else tho
To be fair, that's not what you said. You said, "Recruiting is about selling what u have. Who do u think can sit in a room and tell a player how they will be utilized norvell,day, or Mario?".

You're moving the goalposts.

But here's the deal. Recruiting is all of those things. It is about selling the vision of the program, being relentless, being relatable, and also being able to explain to recruits how they will be used in the offensive and defensive systems that you have. I agree. But Mario doesn't have to be able to do ALL of those things to be a great recruiter. Because he ISN'T good at ALL those things and he's still top 3 recruiter in college football. So, being able to land Cam Ward, Jeremiah Smith, or whoever, isn't contingent on Mario being able to explain X's and O's....it's contingent on him being a great recruiter. And that's what he is.

To be fair, that's not what you said. You said, "Recruiting is about selling what u have. Who do u think can sit in a room and tell a player how they will be utilized norvell,day, or Mario?".

You're moving the goalposts.

But here's the deal. Recruiting is all of those things. It is about selling the vision of the program, being relentless, being relatable, and also being able to explain to recruits how they will be used in the offensive and defensive systems that you have. I agree. But Mario doesn't have to be able to do ALL of those things to be a great recruiter. Because he ISN'T good at ALL those things and he's still top 3 recruiter in college football. So, being able to land Cam Ward, Jeremiah Smith, or whoever, isn't contingent on Mario being able to explain X's and O's....it's contingent on him being a great recruiter. And that's what he is.
Selling what you have, telling the player how u will be used…thats what im saying. Im not moving any goalposts u just misunderstanding lol u can sell the player on anything i said that in context of someone saying we just show the players hey look our wr stats are better than this teams, thats surface level thinking.

Breaking down your offense to a recruit and showing them how they will be maximized is selling what you have

And i agree thats basically what i said, mario doesn’t have to be great at every phase recruiting wise he can keep doing has worked for him. Im just talking about what could possibly be factoring into this recruitment and why that could be an advantage that fsu and osu have because there HCs are the architects of their own offense

This could all be false lol we are all guessing

Advertisement
Norvell is a better offensive mind than mario. If u sat in the room with both as a receiver and talked football who do u think could convey what they would do with you better? Not numbers just cut on tape and talk football, who do u think would be more convincing in that situation?
Obviously Mario there’s a reason he’s always gotten extremely talented kids to join his program. He’s head and shoulders above Norvell and the proof is in the recruiting resume.

Advertisement
No **** lol can yall read the convo before just blurting out ****
Define better? No matter what context you use he’s a HC who’s made a living coaching offensive football what makes you think he can’t talk scheme or how to use a player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back