2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
What’s the hold up?
Comedy Central Reaction GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

Advertisement
Funny yall dont put the blame and responsibility on Cristobal to break down defensive schemes to defensive recruits. Seeing as he is not a DC either. The only players i expect Cristobal to breakdown schematics with is OL. For the rest of offensive players its their position coaches and Dawson. Makes too much sense though.

Funny yall dont put the blame and responsibility on Cristobal to break down defensive schemes to defensive recruits. Seeing as he is not a DC either. The only players i expect Cristobal to breakdown schematics with is OL. For the rest of offensive players its their position coaches and Dawson. Makes too much sense though.
Wild ain't it.

Advertisement
Havent spoken much on JSmith in this thread because from following the day to day happenings of this recruitment...it seems as though that its not even beneficial to pitch him on anything until we have our QB in place. If Mario and staff did do any in-home with him..im hoping it was to confirm with them that they indeed have their man and they have something to sell him on now so why not take a visit this weekend to campus.

I just assume hes leaning OSU until he sees our QB situation and hes satisfied with our choice. (short term and long term because Ward is one and done i would project) Then he will take us seriously.

Advertisement
Based on what he is getting paid yearly, the expectations should be higher off rip. You shouldn’t be comparing him to our previous coaches you should be comparing him to other top tier coaches as he is getting paid as one.
But I always believed even before the hire I said even if Saban took the job it would take awhile imo. The roster was that depleted, but not according to CIS. For me it was cheeks beyond cheeks. A couple 5 stars weren’t changing anything. Then u have a questionable 5 star in LT where only the bum eval schools were pursuing hard. So I took all that into consideration that’s why I was patient and viewed it differently. I always though 25 was our year, I seen this build before at power schools not that TCU/fsu unsustainable build. I want us to be a power for 20 plus years and this is the way imo.

Advertisement
Havent spoken much on JSmith in this thread because from following the day to day happenings of this recruitment...it seems as though that its not even beneficial to pitch him on anything until we have our QB in place. If Mario and staff did do any in-home with him..im hoping it was to confirm with them that they indeed have their man and they have something to sell him on now so why not take a visit this weekend to campus.

I just assume hes leaning OSU until he sees our QB situation and hes satisfied with our choice. (short term and long term because Ward is one and done i would project) Then he will take us seriously.
Yup

But I always believed even before the hire I said even if Saban took the job it would take awhile imo. The roster was that depleted, but not according to CIS. For me it was cheeks beyond cheeks. A couple 5 stars weren’t changing anything. Then u have a questionable 5 star in LT where only the bum eval schools were pursuing hard. So I took all that into consideration that’s why I was patient and viewed it differently. I always though 25 was our year, I seen this build before at power schools not that TCU/fsu unsustainable build. I want us to be a power for 20 plus years and this is the way imo.
Top coaches take depleted roster over all the time and start winning in year 2. Is it the only path to success? No, there are others but it’s not out of hand to see what had happened and being concerned, and there has been positives but the negatives have outweighed them by a good amount.

Ultimately what I’m saying is that I respect your take, but not understanding why many are down based on what has happened is crazy. If a rival coach goes 12-12 6-10 his first two years we are clowning them and rightfully so. It doesn’t make them miserable, they are observing unsatisfactory results and to make it worse it’s not the first or even third time around with this.

I think mario does a great job of selling the vision of the program, he’s relentless and is probably one of the coolest most down to earth coaches in the country that kids will love and play their hearts out for

I don’t think he can sit a player down, especially a wr and breakdown how he they will be utilized. Its not a shot at mario and it doesn’t mean he cant do it im guessing he could still wind up landing jj without being great at it..Thats not the end all be all of course but im thinking it could factor in on recruitments like this where the kid doesn’t seem to be going for the vision of the program, home town type of stuff i could of course be wrong its just a guess like everything else

Sitting in someone living room is more about being a genuine stand up dude that the parents and family can trust they have someone who has the best interest for their kid whether they successful or not I think that’s why he is a great recruiter im talking about something else tho
So can you explain how Norvell and day get defensive recruits? Are they able to articulate how the player will be used? Comparing HCs who are OCs to one who isn't is dumb.

Top coaches take depleted roster over all the time and start winning in year 2. Is it the only path to success? No, there are others but it’s not out of hand to see what had happened and being concerned, and there has been positives but the negatives have outweighed them by a good amount.

Ultimately what I’m saying is that I respect your take, but not understanding why many are down based on what has happened is crazy. If a rival coach goes 12-12 6-10 his first two years we are clowning them and rightfully so. It doesn’t make them miserable, they are observing unsatisfactory results and to make it worse it’s not the first or even third time around with this.
I dont think i ever seen a coach take a depleted roster and win in 2 years. I seen them take talented rosters with bad culture, bad fundamental coaching but talent and do it. Like UGA, and Bama. The closest comparison i have to how i view us is Texas in recent times and Clemson before that. If u wanna compare FSU u can see what they did in 2 years and also how they built it by basically ignoring or failing high school recruiting for 3 years. I guess we can track Auburn to see how that works. But these miracle turnarounds are either mega talent underperforming or prolonged rebuilds. Guess Oregon may fall into something similar to us and we have the guy we spearheaded that but their ceiling is lower than ours.

In saying all that i do believe for various reasons based on the talent of our team we have underperformed by around 2 wins by being 8-4, (we won the GT game). But wins is not the only measurement for me at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back