Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
What a ****
Lol
Screenshot_20230928-080229.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
The sound as Bandy ran towards the end zone was right at top of loudest moments I’ve experienced at a game — and I’ve been to many over 35 years.
I was there and I was at Neyland for Tennessee and Alabama a year ago in the recruiting section.

It's a different sound.. open air vs partially closed. Neyland was shaking but the sound wasn't like Hard Rock.. HR during the whole game and especially that Bandy pick 6 was ear piercing. The normal noise plus 75% of it echoing back down off the roof.

It's funny to me that Herbstreit, during that game, said they've never heard anything as loud as this.. but also says there's no home field advantage and it's not that loud.

I was there and I was at Neyland for Tennessee and Alabama a year ago in the recruiting section.

It's a different sound.. open air vs partially closed. Neyland was shaking but the sound wasn't like Hard Rock.. HR during the whole game and especially that Bandy pick 6 was ear piercing. The normal noise plus 75% of it echoing back down off the roof.

It's funny to me that Herbstreit, during that game, said they've never heard anything as loud as this.. but also says there's no home field advantage and it's not that loud.
Spot on in everything you wrote.

Advertisement
If you were at the 2017 ND game, I still get chills all these years later reading other people talking about the Bandy pick 6 moment when they were in the crowd at Hard Rock haha. It was that incredible of a moment if you were there. New good memories to come soon hopefully, it has been awhile...

If you were at the 2017 ND game, I still get chills all these years later reading other people talking about the Bandy pick 6 moment when they were in the crowd at Hard Rock haha. It was that incredible of a moment if you were there. New good memories to come soon hopefully, it has been awhile...
It was at that moment that I thought The U was truly back for the first time since the 03 season.

I am fascinated by this and I would love somebody to do a study about noise levels as you add people. I think people are under the assumption that more people equals louder. But, to your point, adding more people usually means the footprint has to grow, people get further away, and there's more open air above. I also think when you add more people the ratio of soft, squishy human surface area to stadium hard, sound reflecting area means you have more dampening and less echo.

I've been to multiple stadiums that fit 90K+ and every time I've always been shocked at how loud I thought it would be versus how loud it is. I always find myself saying, "it's not really louder".

Advertisement

It’s because we have that kind of advantage/it is that loud once every 5 years. He wouldn’t be saying that if every game was like the ND game. But we all know that’s very much the exception to the rule. The rule is we have maybe 35k asses in seats and it gets kinda loud on 3rd downs if the game is close, but there’s really not much of an advantage. Hopefully that changes one day, but I think we all understand that’s very unlikely.

Here’s to hoping the GT game and especially the Clemson game at least approach that night in 2017. Would be really nice to see.

I am fascinated by this and I would love somebody to do a study about noise levels as you add people. I think people are under the assumption that more people equals louder. But, to your point, adding more people usually means the footprint has to grow, people get further away, and there's more open air above. I also think when you add more people the ratio of soft, squishy human surface area to stadium hard, sound reflecting area means you have more dampening and less echo.

I've been to multiple stadiums that fit 90K+ and every time I've always been shocked at how loud I thought it would be versus how loud it is. I always find myself saying, "it's not really louder".
It is also why the OB was so loud. The open end in theory took away people, but the curved part of it also acted as an echo chamber and bounced the noise right back in.

He had 10+ Surgeries on an ACL he tore twice once he hit the NFL....that being said, he had DBs at GreenTree up in arms in 95 and 96.
Dang. He was actually one of the nicer players and I found him pretty funny. He never liked to lift weights much like JG(much worse knee injury). I still remember when they raced during the 40s. Man could they fly! JG went from 4.2s (hand timed) to 4.3-4.4 post surgery.

FSU averaged 5.46 a play, Clemson averaged 5.43.

Something is definitely up with FSU. Last year they ran the ball at will against almost everyone. Benson averaged 6.4 YPC, this year he's averaging 4.7.

Toafili's YPC is down half a yard. They lost Ward, replaced him with Rodney Hill, and he's averaging almost a yard less per carry.

Travis is running less, both on scrambles and designed runs. It also seems like they're playing slower than they did last year, for whatever reason.

I don't know, that 2nd half against LSU was impressive, other than that they haven't looked very good. Clemson still has some players, especially on defense, and they were at home....but 17 offensive points? They hit Wilson for 41 yards on the first play of the 3rd quarter.....after that, they ran 25 plays and gained 89 yards. That's 3.56 a play. For context, last year New Mexico finished dead last in the country in YPP. They averaged 3.70.

FSUs six drives in the 2nd half were FG, punt, punt, punt, punt, downs.

They ain't ****.
LSU stopped playing after halftime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back