2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
24-21 *** to Mouth
1689792510243.png

Advertisement
I’m not going to really get into it with people that say they would rather look good and lose than look bad and win

I think White Men Can’t Jump covered that decades ago
To me this is a head vs heart comparison where there is no clear cut winner because I think both sides arguing would agree to hop on the other side of the fence depending on circumstances.

The heart always wants to win. I do not care if its 2-0 or 3-2 or whatever, every time you step on the field you want to win.

The head however could lose the battle to win the war.

By virtue of example, everyone claiming they think looking better on O would be better than a squeaked out win likely agrees if it is a national championship game, or CFP their theory is out the window and they would want to win 3-2.

Conversely, the people saying always win would likely change their stance if we were 7-4, last game of the season, largely meaningless as far as W/L BUT a huge offensive outburst would swing a big recruit like Jeremiah Smith then if it was would you rather win 3-2, go to 8-4 record, play in the taxslayer bowl, and lose J. Smith or lose 45-41, go 7-6, still play in the taxslayer bowl but get J. Smith, my guess is people pick the latter option.

To me this is a head vs heart comparison where there is no clear cut winner because I think both sides arguing would agree to hop on the other side of the fence depending on circumstances.

The heart always wants to win. I do not care if its 2-0 or 3-2 or whatever, every time you step on the field you want to win.

The head however could lose the battle to win the war.

By virtue of example, everyone claiming they think looking better on O would be better than a squeaked out win likely agrees if it is a national championship game, or CFP their theory is out the window and they would want to win 3-2.

Conversely, the people saying always win would likely change their stance if we were 7-4, last game of the season, largely meaningless as far as W/L BUT a huge offensive outburst would swing a big recruit like Jeremiah Smith then if it was would you rather win 3-2, go to 8-4 record, play in the taxslayer bowl, and lose J. Smith or lose 45-41, go 7-6, still play in the taxslayer bowl but get J. Smith, my guess is people pick the latter option.
It’s really a bit of a pointless debate without context anyway but I appreciate the response

Like if we score 3 points in one game and win, and it’s an anomaly then hey great. But if it’s a consistent thing all season then that’s different

Conversely the point about losing WRs according to one game is not how it works…unless it’s like last year. Pointing to the Virginia game in a vacuum doesn’t mean anything but looking at the week in week out dog**** offense we trotted out there does

It’s still easier to sell wins to me so in this bizarre hypothetical scenario we are in here that’s just my stance

It’s really a bit of a pointless debate without context anyway but I appreciate the response

Like if we score 3 points in one game and win, and it’s an anomaly then hey great. But if it’s a consistent thing all season then that’s different

Conversely the point about losing WRs according to one game is not how it works…unless it’s like last year. Pointing to the Virginia game in a vacuum doesn’t mean anything but looking at the week in week out dog**** offense we trotted out there does

It’s still easier to sell wins to me so in this bizarre hypothetical scenario we are in here that’s just my stance
lol I agree man.... if we won every game (including championship) 10-9 and went 15-0, we likely sign a top 5 class BUT if we lost every game 52-48 and went 0-12, we likely sign a top 30 class lol

From the 7/20 Bank (podcast and eventually YouTube)

Smith & Wingo

• D$ says Smith & Wingo are the top two WR in the nation
  • Both are firmly in play
  • If Miami plays well offensively, one or BOTH could come.
  • Feels better about Smith than Wingo

Smith

• If Smith was that committed to O$U, he would't be doing the things he's doing
  • Smith as good as he's seen since Andre
  • Better than Innis, more explosive
  • He's flirting too much, Miami needs to give him a reason
  • If Miami has an a Lashlee like leap in offensive, predicting Smith to Miami.

7/19 Bank (Text edition)

- Miami remains in hot pursuit of the top two WRs in the nation, Jeremiah Smith (Chaminade) and Ryan Wingo (St. Louis). Smith obviously has strong relationships with former and current teammates on Miami's commit list, and Wingo has a relationship with fellow Midwesterner (and recent Miami commit) DE Marquise Lightfoot (Chicago). While Miami continues to work hard to get elite players in the boat before the season, they strongly believe there will be another recruiting season later in the year once Miami has success on the field. And they remain confident that this is a much-improved team. If Miami makes an offensive leap similar to what we saw from '19 to '20, I predict we land at least one of these guys.

Advertisement
@Wario Cristobum …what is your old username?

I was originally TimeBomb (was my name at Shadows board too) but on a couple occasion the The Franchise called me a bum, and getting insulted by him made my highlight reel. So in honor of that I became TimeBum. And in the offseason I decided to do a heel turn and become Wario Cristobum because it's fun to be the bad guy.

Advertisement
I was originally TimeBomb (was my name at Shadows board too) but on a couple occasion the The Franchise called me a bum, and getting insulted by him made my highlight reel. So in honor of that I became TimeBum. And in the offseason I decided to do a heel turn and become Wario Cristobum because it's fun to be the bad guy.
I wondered where you had gone. It’s good to see you’re still on the board. Thanks for clearing that mystery up for me. I knew that you’re a vet from your high post count and reaction score, but couldn’t figure out who you were.

Ah, I remember TimeBomb on shadows. Had no idea lol.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back