2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Trader
C-Rob
Carr

Is a home run

If C-Rob bails…It is still excellent, and those two are two of the top what? 12 WR in country?

Chris Olave (3* #68 WR in the class of 2018) 2022 NFL Draft. 1st Round.

Michael Thomas (3* #100 WR in the class of 2011) 2016 NFL Draft. 2nd Round
And bruh a bunch of their guys not the super highest rated wr in they class. Marv jr, olave, terry, them guys not even top 20 in they class and they 3 of the best ones

Josh Huff 3rd Round; was an APB that converted to WR at UO. That was like 2014

That's wild. They've had some good teams. I could have sworn they had someone in the first two rounds drafted.

Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, USC, and Oklahoma have dominated the WR position for a while now. It's freaking annoying.

Advertisement
That's wild. They've had some good teams. I could have sworn they had someone in the first two rounds drafted.

Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, USC, and Oklahoma have dominated the WR position for a while now. It's freaking annoying.

They’ve had high powered O’s under Kelly, but bruh the WR was rarely featured. Lol It’s been the RBs for the most part. Huff had the best season under Helfrich, which is y he was drafted, but those RBs whether it was LaMychal James, Kenjon Barner or Royce Freeman, them dudes put up monster numbers!

They’ve had high powered O’s under Kelly, but bruh the WR was rarely featured. Lol It’s been the RBs for the most part. Huff had the best season under Helfrich, which is y he was drafted, but those RBs whether it was LaMychal James, Kenjon Barner or Royce Freeman, them dudes put up monster numbers!

Yeah, brother, RBs have been their focal point for some time. Those guys balled out.

I couldn't think of any WR ever coming out of there that balled out in the NFL. They don't have a good history of WRs going to the NFL. That was unexpected for me, tbh.

Yeah, brother, RBs have been their focal point for some time. Those guys balled out.

I couldn't think of any WR ever coming out of there that balled out in the NFL. They don't have a good history of WRs going to the NFL. That was unexpected for me, tbh.

Well, that’s about to change under Lanning. Lol.

Chris Olave (3* #68 WR in the class of 2018) 2022 NFL Draft. 1st Round.

Michael Thomas (3* #100 WR in the class of 2011) 2016 NFL Draft. 2nd Round
Michael Thomas doesn't count lol. That dude was very obviously referring to Hartline with the whole OSU wr development thing. Olave, yes.

Advertisement
Michael Thomas doesn't count lol. That dude was very obviously referring to Hartline with the whole OSU wr development thing. Olave, yes.

The statement was

“I’m still waiting for an example of a 3 star wide receiver that OSU turned into a first or second round.”

If u go back to what was discussed, it was regarding top receivers going to other programs in years’ past. So yeah, Thomas counts. If the statement was regarding Hartline, then u would have a point.

Did you read what my reply was too or just posted?
1699363252328.png

That was my reply to your reply

I can understand fans not appreciating Robinson making that quote public or Smith's response.

This does illustrate, though, how absurd it is for some to blame fan negativity for recruiting issues when these kids have eyes of their own AND opposing coaches actively drilling these low hanging fruit narratives into their heads about Mario, his dreadful offensive track record, and our woeful QB issues. These narratives clearly don't just exist on a message board or Twitter.

With the way some blamed fans for recruiting issues dating back to Golden's tenure, you'd think recruits would be oblivious to what's going on if fans just pumped delusional sunshine and spewed senseless propaganda instead.

USC: 2010-13
-Robert Woods (2nd Round)
-Marquis Lee (2nd Round)
-Ronald Johnson (6th Round)
-David Ausberry (7th Round)

Ole Miss: 2020-Present
-Elijah Moore (2nd Round)
-Jonathan Mingo (2nd Round)
How many of those did he actually recruit and develop? Either way, lol at him comparing Ole Miss to OSU.

Advertisement
Again, a COACH’S JOB IS TO GET HIS PLAYERS DRAFTED TO THE NFL & HIGHLY. So w/e point u’re think ur making is moot. This is exhibit A of why fans can’t comprehend why a player would go to school A over us, b/c of this logic. Lol. But hey, u keep holding on to TY Hilton from 2011. Lol.
Bruhhh it's def willful defiance.

Mario can get credit for TY Hilton but they don't think Lane is getting or using his time at USC, BAMA, AND Ole Miss to recruit players. Like the recruit is like, "nah you didn't coach those guys during practice."

I can understand fans not appreciating Robinson making that quote public or Smith's response.

This does illustrate, though, how absurd it is for some to blame fan negativity for recruiting issues when these kids have eyes of their own AND opposing coaches actively drilling these low hanging fruit narratives into their heads about Mario, his dreadful offensive track record, and our woeful QB issues. These narratives clearly don't just exist on a message board or Twitter.

With the way some blamed fans for recruiting issues dating back to Golden's tenure, you'd think recruits would be oblivious to what's going on if fans just pumped delusional sunshine and spewed senseless propaganda instead.
Sir it is a well known fact that even while attending games recruits completely avoid watching them and make their decisions solely based on the vibe around the program on CIS and X. How they will be used and placed into the best opportunities to succeed are completely irrelevant to their decision making process.

And bruh a bunch of their guys not the super highest rated wr in they class. Marv jr, olave, terry, them guys not even top 20 in they class and they 3 of the best ones
Yeah, and OSU finds and offers guys that are widely unknown (like they did for Olave).

Mylan Graham unranked, no offers. Hartline sees him, offers him before any other school. Now he's a 5*.

Jayvan Boggs is a 247 3* and OSU offered him (and he's since committed), where do you think he finishes? He's torn up 5* DBs this year.

They also have some really good DBs recently. Besides their current guy's (Burke- day 1-2 pick, Hancock- day 2-3 pick), they have two top 10 247 composite CBs from 2023 (Matthews, who has played this year and Simpson-Hunt), two top 5 247 composite CBs for 2024 (West and Scott), and look to have more top CBs coming for 2025 (Sanchez, #1 CB in the composite with CBs for them, Brew and McNutt are OH kids, and Woodbey #11 CB has already committed).

Advertisement
How many of those did he actually recruit and develop? Either way, lol at him comparing Ole Miss to OSU.

I think we need to stop using the phrase “recruit AND develop” b/c the two are not mutually exclusive. A coach can recruit a player, but that player could absolutely suck under him for one reason or another; however, under a different coach, that same player could thrive based upon scheme, discipline installed, etc.

So the question should be, how many of those players did Kiffin actually recruit, b/c clearly they all thrived under his coaching.

Regardless, he recruited Robert Woods, Marquis Lee at USC, and the other aforementioned players were there prior to him becoming HC. Moore had his best season by a country mile under Kiffin, Johnson had his best season under him, Ausberry had his best season under him, & Mingo played 3 years under him.

Again, I’m not remotely a Kiffin fan, but u guys r trying to commit death by fire in trying to compare his WR resume as HC to Mario’s.

Last edited:
I think we need to stop using the phrase “recruit AND develop” b/c the two are not mutually exclusive. A coach can recruit a player, but that player could absolutely suck under him for one reason or another; however, under a different coach, that same player could thrive based upon scheme, discipline installed, etc.

So the question should be, how many of those players did Kiffin actually recruit, b/c clearly they all thrived under his coaching.

Regardless, he recruited Robert Woods, Marquis Lee at USC, and the other aforementioned players were there prior to him becoming HC. Moore had his season by a country mile under Kiffin, Johnson had his best season under him, Ausberry had his best season under him, & Mingo played 3 years under him.

Again, I’m not remotely a Kiffin fan, but u guys r trying to commit death by fire in trying to compare his WR resume as HC to Mario’s.
It goes both ways, kids can be developed as freshman or sophomores and new coach can come and capitalize from the old staffs work. Manny does notoriously with other people’s kids, for example.

I didn’t even mentioned Mario’s resume. I think it’s laughable Kiffin comparing himself to OSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back