2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The company would’ve been profitable if the CEO didn’t make that dumb decision.”

How do you think investors would react to that statement?

I’m sure the Board of Directors Meeting goes something like:

- The retired employees are happy, so just enjoy the process.

- Wall St just a bunch of haters.

- Our rival companies are cheeks that we’re gonna stuff in a locker.

- Trust the evals

Advertisement
People lose confidence in the future being bright when the leader makes an epic elementary blunder like this. It transcends record.
No leader is perfect... but yeah, making that mistake twice is pretty bad. I think he was in pedal to the metal mode, which most of us were asking for to be fair. It bit him in the *** bad though.

Boat Sailing GIF
So… smooth sailing?

I’m sure the Board of Directors Meeting goes something like:

- The retired employees are happy, so just enjoy the process.

- Wall St just a bunch of haters.

- Our rival companies are cheeks that we’re gonna stuff in a locker.

- Trust the evals
The CEO needs time. He’s only been in the industry for 25 years. He’ll learn.

Advertisement
The 5-7 wasn’t surprising I said 4–6 losses last year no matter the HC that roster was cheeks. Everyone thought it was good because there is a rating system to look at. Problem is we mostly always got guys other big programs did not push for. We would get one or two a class that’s not enough. I said this season 3-5 or 6 losses cause the roster and I did not trust TVD. I know Gattis was buns but sometimes guys were open and he would miss that’s not on the OC imo.

Next years roster should be more finished but I saw this as a 3-5 year rebuild (for me that’s how I saw it). They had to gut everything (pause)

My opinion that’s how I see it and it won’t change. When you expect success out the gate, you are doomed to not like the HC. Coker took over a savage roster and it fell apart slowly. Any HC was basically taking over a bad roster and that’s hard to recover from it takes a good while. Takes awhile to destroy the 01 canes and it takes awhile to build that Bugatti again.

So you just changed the wording of my post. Doesn’t matter what you think about his coaching he’s 6-2. And changing the culture is the hardest part of this process. He’s done it. If we were 7-1 we’d have the same BS comments by recruits because Miami isn’t for everyone. 6-2 is progress.
SMith's father has already moved the goal posts to include bowl game.

I've personally never felt he was serious about Miami. It's all talk ...

The 5-7 wasn’t surprising I said 4–6 losses last year no matter the HC that roster was cheeks. Everyone thought it was good because there is a rating system to look at. Problem is we mostly always got guys other big programs did not push for. We would get one or two a class that’s not enough. I said this season 3-5 or 6 losses cause the roster and I did not trust TVD. I know Gattis was buns but sometimes guys were open and he would miss that’s not on the OC imo.

Next years roster should be more finished but I saw this as a 3-5 year rebuild (for me that’s how I saw it). They had to gut everything (pause)

My opinion that’s how I see it and it won’t change. When you expect success out the gate, you are doomed to not like the HC. Coker took over a savage roster and it fell apart slowly. Any HC was basically taking over a bad roster and that’s hard to recover from it takes a good while. Takes awhile to destroy the 01 canes and it takes awhile to build that Bugatti again.
I’m not trying to pick on you, but I it’s wrong to say 5-7 wasn’t surprising. Yes it was. It was also a TERRIBLE 5-7 with embarrassing blowouts at home vs mtsu and our rival fsu.

You picked 8-4 in the record prediction poll for the season, and 85% of the people who voted picked 9-3 or 10-2.

To your credit you were one of only 13% to choose 8-4. Only 2% of people picked 7-5 or worse. I don’t think anyone would’ve picked 5-7 lol.

Our roster wasn’t great that year but Mario didn’t do himself any favors by playing against the teams strengths or by using the portal to address talent issues.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not trying to pick on you, but I it’s wrong to say 5-7 wasn’t surprising. Yes it was. It was also a TERRIBLE 5-7 with embarrassing blowouts at home vs mtsu and our rival fsu.

You picked 8-4 in the record prediction poll for the season, and 85% of the people who voted picked 9-3 or 10-2.

To your credit you were one of only 13% to choose 8-4. Only 2% of people picked 7-5 or worse. I don’t think anyone would’ve picked 5-7 lol.

Our roster wasn’t great that year but Mario didn’t do himself any favors by playing against the teams strengths or by using the portal to address talent issues.
Those losses were embarrassing but when you recruit mid asf you are able to lose to anyone. These middle Tennessee midgets were fast asf, we played man had no pass rush and got burnt for it. Simple sh we could not stop cause we had jags mostly especially at the LOS. 8-4 was safe I did pick it but wasn’t surprised cause I thought any HC would struggle with a Diaz roster. He benefited from Alf Golden with those DTs and LB class which was decent/good. Wasn’t true UM caliber. I don’t mind anyone picking on me but I know you aren’t. I just debate with everyone take me L’s and dubs and move on. Don’t hold nothing against no one we all want the same thing and we all love the same team.

Pause pause though just in case confidence lurking.

Edit: I trust u saw I picked 8-4 I won’t even check but I knew the season would not be good pretty early. We were weak asf at OL TVD (we already know now) everything was scraps.

Advertisement
People lose confidence in the future being bright when the leader makes an epic elementary blunder like this. It transcends record.
That’s fine but go back and look at all the coaches you consider great and the unexpected losses or bad calls.
The game was over and ALL coaches could have spoken and if Mario still wanted to run it, bad call. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back