Jeremiah Payton

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gave up on Payton when his shoe came off breaking on a curl route against...Pitt iirc?

Doesn't Michael Redding also run a 4.7 40-yard dash?

How do these slow pokes end up as 4-star recruits?

This was a lazy *** eval. Nothing in his game screamed Tyler Boyd. I don't even know how he received such a high ranking. Watch his senior tape and tell me you saw a top 75 recruit.
I liked Payton a lot and for good reason. He was one of the best WRs I've scouted with the ball in his hands. Good acceleration, very elusive and runs strong and physical. He hasn't developed his raw route running or gotten much bigger and he doesn't have great speed. He's also been hurt a bunch. Throw in the "smoke weed everyday" and poor utilization by coaching staffs who use him as a downfield boundary receiver instead of a quick game weapon and it's easy to see why he hasn't panned out.

As for the Tyler Boyd comparison that one never made sense and was purely a lazy height/weight/speed comparison from a guy in Ivins who has no clue how to evaluate football players. My comparison for Payton was Chad Johnson. At Payton's age Ochocinco was still in community college so maybe there's hope.

Advertisement
Off topic multiple times in a thread
I liked Payton a lot and for good reason. He was one of the best WRs I've scouted with the ball in his hands. Good acceleration, very elusive and runs strong and physical. He hasn't developed his raw route running or gotten much bigger and he doesn't have great speed. He's also been hurt a bunch. Throw in the "smoke weed everyday" and poor utilization by coaching staffs who use him as a downfield boundary receiver instead of a quick game weapon and it's easy to see why he hasn't panned out.

As for the Tyler Boyd comparison that one never made sense and was purely a lazy height/weight/speed comparison from a guy in Ivins who has no clue how to evaluate football players. My comparison for Payton was Chad Johnson. At Payton's age Ochocinco was still in community college so maybe there's hope.
You would, you also said Travis Etienne was a subpar ACC RB, so your eval is about right for you.

Gave up on Payton when his shoe came off breaking on a curl route against...Pitt iirc?

Doesn't Michael Redding also run a 4.7 40-yard dash?

How do these slow pokes end up as 4-star recruits?
I'm holding out hope for Redding (leg pics) but Payton I have folded on, don't see him being a Cane much longer with the class we brought in last year.

What does @Gooner#44 contribute to the board that grants him the leeway to be a moronic douche in every thread? This is why quality posters don't stick around.

P.S. you've been on the ignore list shrimpfvck. Dumbvote this one too since you have nothing better to do.
If I'm on your "ignore list" (which speaks volumes about your manhood) how are you following my posts? Angry little man......

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just re-read this entire thread it was pretty entertaining. In typical CIS fashion there was some real "hot takes", lol.

I think Payton is done here, but his HS film was legit even though he was slow then as well.

Funny thing is, they tried to get him the ball quick against Clemson, and he couldn't catch or remember his route.

Advertisement
What does @Gooner#44 contribute to the board that grants him the leeway to be a moronic douche in every thread? This is why quality posters don't stick around.

P.S. you've been on the ignore list shrimpfvck. Dumbvote this one too since you have nothing better to do.

He contributes a massive number of posts, which is what they need in the offseason.

He’ll be gone for good sooner than later, fall camp is right around the corner.

He contributes a massive number of posts, which is what they need in the offseason.

He’ll be gone for good sooner than later, fall camp is right around the corner.
Monsters Inc Reaction GIF by filmeditor

You would, you also said Travis Etienne was a subpar ACC RB, so your eval is about right for you.

How long have you been waiting to pull that one out of your back pocket, lol?

I can't lie. I thought your comeback funny. But I also thought Etienne was way overrated. so I'm just as guilty. Even at Clemson, he didn't impress me until his junior year. And even then, he was being compared to Cook, which he is not.

HighSeas does good work. Everyone gets projections wrong. It's the percentage right vs. wrong that matter.

Advertisement
Back