Jeremiah Payton

To clarify, I think Payton has the tools to be very good. But I want to see it. I can't keep hearing about because time goes by quickly for college players. Before you know it, a guy's a junior, and we're still talking about how he's the best and just needs a chance.

WRs and RBs, if they're special, usually flash very early, so it's time for Payton to do that. Enough with Penos and Stumblebum and all that. It's time for Payton to put it together right now.

Advertisement
To clarify, I think Payton has the tools to be very good. But I want to see it. I can't keep hearing about because time goes by quickly for college players. Before you know it, a guy's a junior, and we're still talking about how he's the best and just needs a chance.

WRs and RBs, if they're special, usually flash very early, so it's time for Payton to do that. Enough with Penos and Stumblebum and all that. It's time for Payton to put it together right now.

agree. Usually with RB/WR, you can quickly see the it factor. If he doesn’t have “it”, he can certainly still be serviceable.

Payton’s a dog think he’ll be our best option by end of season. Wiggins hasn’t looked bad i think he needs more touches also but yeah pope and Harley i rather give 3/6 to the fr wrs

Again, this doesn't tell the whole story. It's not like there's no way a kid can be a great player if he hasn't popped to this point. I'm just pointing out that there's a TON of evidence that elite, top end WRs are usually raping opposing defenses by now.

Henry Ruggs Year 2 -- 46 catches for 741 yards and 11 TDs
Jerry Jeudy Year 2 -- 68 catches for 1315 yards and 14 TDs
CeeDee Lamb Year 2 -- 65 for 1158 yards and 11 TDs
Jalen Reagor Year 2 -- 72 catches for 1061 yards and 9 TDs
Justin Jefferson Year 2 -- 54 catches for 875 yards and 5 TDs (and this was in that horrible 2018 LSU offense)
Brandon Aiyuk Year 2 -- He went to Juco for 2 years but his 2nd year there caught over 60 balls for 900+ yards
Tee Higgins Year 2 -- 59 catches for 936 yards and 12 TDs
Michael Pittman Year 2 -- 23 catches for 404 yards and 2 TDs
Laviska Shenault Year 2 -- 86 catches for 1011 yards and 6 TDs
KJ Hamler Year 2 -- 56 catches for 904 yards and 8 TDs
Chase Claypool Year 2 -- 29 catches for 409 yards and 2 TDs
Van Jefferson Year 2 -- 49 catches for 543 yards and 3 TDs
Denzel Mims Year 2 -- 61 catches for 1087 yards and 8 TDs

Are we sensing a pattern here? Again, this doesn't mean Payton sucks or he can't be good. But those are all the WRs taken in the first 2 rounds of the NFL draft in April. All except for Pittman and Claypool were putting up MONSTER numbers by year 2. And even those 2 kids were certainly seeing some success.

I know he hasn't played much, but Jeremiah Payton has caught 1 whole pass for 13 yards this year after blowing up for 1 catch last season. If he's going to be a career backup, then this makes sense. But I was shredded for saying Miami does not have top end WR talent on this roster, but don't worry because Jeremiah Payton is that dude. OK then. It's not too late for that to happen by any means, but um....let's ******* go??
That’s some solid information. Respect

Advertisement

yeah, there comes a time you either do it 'when the band's still playing' as Barry Switzer would say, or a 'Greentree All-American' as CIS would say

I love Wiggins & have since day 1. Wiggins & Philips. If we win this ball game those are the two guys who will have to play their best.

I think Wiggins can have a game like Jefferson did in the national championship. He has that type of speed and those safeties still slow for Clemson!
Jefferson was their slot receiver and one the best route-runners in college football. Dee plays on the outside.

Advertisement
tenor.gif

I love Wiggins and think he can play a good game too but if you believe he can play a game like arguably the best rookie WR who was also a first round pick man we setting the bar high
That guy was a 2 star athlete who finally got into the right system with a great QB abd finally shined in one year!

Do you think ANY RECEIVERS you've been seeing on the field shows IT? Unfortunately it's a game and it's not as simple as the best will always be the ones that play. That's what happens when egos and power are involved.

Advertisement
Do you think ANY RECEIVERS you've been seeing on the field shows IT? Unfortunately it's a game and it's not as simple as the best will always be the ones that play. That's what happens when egos and power are involved.
I'm not saying any of our WRs have shown anything. Some have had moments, but there's no consistency and no one is dominant. Ego and power has been around forever, but the greats find a way to shine. It's time for Payton to show us what he's got. Likens, from all accounts, is a good dude and a good WR coach, and Lashlee is a very good OC.

As egotistical as coaches are, they want put the put the best possible guys on the field (or the guys they think are the best as it's not scientific) so the coach can take credit for the player being great and also ride the great players to more money and success. No one with an ego wants to lose football games and get fired.

I'm not saying any of our WRs have shown anything. Some have had moments, but there's no consistency and no one is dominant. Ego and power has been around forever, but the greats find a way to shine. It's time for Payton to show us what he's got. Likens, from all accounts, is a good dude and a good WR coach, and Lashlee is a very good OC.

As egotistical as coaches are, they want put the put the best possible guys on the field (or the guys they think are the best as it's not scientific) so the coach can take credit for the player being great and also ride the great players to more money and success. No one with an ego wants to lose football games and get fired.
Playing kids they feel they'll lose over and playing the best are two separate things. Likes is definitely a good we coach and he put kids in a position to succeed in due time. Whenever he gets his opportunity to play **** show you and anyone else that he should've been getting snaps.

Playing kids they feel they'll lose over and playing the best are two separate things. Likes is definitely a good we coach and he put kids in a position to succeed in due time. Whenever he gets his opportunity to play **** show you and anyone else that he should've been getting snaps.
Your sig is the greatest spot on earth, big ups man..

Advertisement
When he gets his reps, he just needs to produce. Then, he'll get more reps. There's no conspiracy to keep his greatness off the field. I'm going to trust Likens and Lashlee on this one. If he succeeds, he'll show me what I expected, but it won't be that he should have been playing earlier.

When he gets his reps, he just needs to produce. Then, he'll get more reps. There's no conspiracy to keep his greatness off the field. I'm going to trust Likens and Lashlee on this one. If he succeeds, he'll show me what I expected, but it won't be that he should have been playing earlier.
I agree with you. His problem as of this moment comes from limited reps in front of likens or lashlee due to both covid & injuries. Enjoy the game

Advertisement
Back