Jeremiah Payton

Again, this doesn't tell the whole story. It's not like there's no way a kid can be a great player if he hasn't popped to this point. I'm just pointing out that there's a TON of evidence that elite, top end WRs are usually raping opposing defenses by now.

Henry Ruggs Year 2 -- 46 catches for 741 yards and 11 TDs
Jerry Jeudy Year 2 -- 68 catches for 1315 yards and 14 TDs
CeeDee Lamb Year 2 -- 65 for 1158 yards and 11 TDs
Jalen Reagor Year 2 -- 72 catches for 1061 yards and 9 TDs
Justin Jefferson Year 2 -- 54 catches for 875 yards and 5 TDs (and this was in that horrible 2018 LSU offense)
Brandon Aiyuk Year 2 -- He went to Juco for 2 years but his 2nd year there caught over 60 balls for 900+ yards
Tee Higgins Year 2 -- 59 catches for 936 yards and 12 TDs
Michael Pittman Year 2 -- 23 catches for 404 yards and 2 TDs
Laviska Shenault Year 2 -- 86 catches for 1011 yards and 6 TDs
KJ Hamler Year 2 -- 56 catches for 904 yards and 8 TDs
Chase Claypool Year 2 -- 29 catches for 409 yards and 2 TDs
Van Jefferson Year 2 -- 49 catches for 543 yards and 3 TDs
Denzel Mims Year 2 -- 61 catches for 1087 yards and 8 TDs

Are we sensing a pattern here? Again, this doesn't mean Payton sucks or he can't be good. But those are all the WRs taken in the first 2 rounds of the NFL draft in April. All except for Pittman and Claypool were putting up MONSTER numbers by year 2. And even those 2 kids were certainly seeing some success.

I know he hasn't played much, but Jeremiah Payton has caught 1 whole pass for 13 yards this year after blowing up for 1 catch last season. If he's going to be a career backup, then this makes sense. But I was shredded for saying Miami does not have top end WR talent on this roster, but don't worry because Jeremiah Payton is that dude. OK then. It's not too late for that to happen by any means, but um....let's ******* go??
This a recurring theme at UM. We hear all this hype and then guys languish for a few years. If Payton can play, there are no more excuses. He's got a great QB and a great OC, and it's not like he's sitting behind Reggie Wayne and Santana.

We know what special WRs look like. We've seen a bunch of them. By year 2, 4 games in, you should start flashing.

Advertisement
We have short memories. Idk what’s going on with Payton but have we forgot he was our best WR in the spring last year. Was also our best WR in the spring we played in Orlando. He has the potential
If he was our best guy why hasnt he shown anything during a game? The best usually make an impact, he wasnt injured..

If he was our best guy why hasnt he shown anything during a game? The best usually make an impact, he wasnt injured..
He redshirted last year and has only played in one game this year. Nobody knows why he has only played one game this year and its not because he is getting passed on the depth chart.

He redshirted last year and has only played in one game this year. Nobody knows why he has only played one game this year and its not because he is getting passed on the depth chart.
How do you redshirt your best guy? something doesnt add up, I hope one day we get to see him make amazing plays because he has a hype for someone who cant get on field and make plays during games

Advertisement
Tutu Atwell was an early enrollee at Louisville...Ezzard didn't decommit from Florida State until mid-November and didn't meet with Miami until Tutu Atwell already signed his letter of intent.

By the time anyone was discussing the far inferior player in Marquez Ezzard, Tutu Atwell was not available to recruit, and as outlined earlier, was so poorly recruited, Mark Richt didn't even know he wanted to play WR (fwiw - several posters here knew he'd play WR...but our own coaches did not).

Pass on making less to work for Manny Diaz.

Stay wrong buddy. Thanks for responding as expected, though. You're a true cuck. Even worse, you're on here trying to justify Marquez Ezzard over Tutu Atwell. Log off.

You are wrong, as per usual. You act as if, somehow, Ezzard's recruitment only started when he decommitted or "met" with Miami. We were recruiting Ezzard before Atwell de-committed from FAU, committed to Louisville, signed, or enrolled.

Again, there is a difference between whether an executive head coach (as Richt was, based on the Bowden model) is aware of what position a particular recruit will play, and what the FANS will tolerate from recruiting. You know **** well that Miami fans would have freaked the fvck out if Miami took an FAU decommit as an early enrollee while higher-rated prospects were still on the board (and all you have to do is look around this board to see porsters advocating that we "push-out" 3-star recruits if 4 and 5 star recruits want in).

I know you won't ever admit you were wrong, because that would involve you taking the **** out of your mouth for a few precious moments, but this is what you do, you spin people's comments into things they never said.

Literally, you devoted all your "evidence" to crap about Mark Richt, while ignoring EXACTLY what I said. Plus, you only focus on Ezzard and ignore Hightower. And what I said is that you cannot find POSTERS advocating for taking Atwell over Ezzard/Hightower. You cannot find one single poster who says "let's take the 3-star FAU decommit over higher-rated WR recruits".

Keep yammering on, though. You're still wrong, and will always be wrong, because you are a fraud and a BS'er.

How do you redshirt your best guy? something doesnt add up, I hope one day we get to see him make amazing plays because he has a hype for someone who cant get on field and make plays during games
Ijs, with my own eyes, Payton was easily the most impressive WR at the spring game last year besides Osborn taking a slant 60ish yrds for a TD. That doesn't necessarily mean he was our best WR. He was still a freshman that had to get accumulated to the college game and S&C. We still had Osborn, JT, Wiggins, and Hightower before his transfer. These are also the same coaches that continue to run Pope, and Harley onto the field.

Will he be great? Who knows. If he was on AR's level then we probably wouldn't have thought about redshirting him. All I'm saying is I'm not giving up on him yet after being available for only one game. He has potential to be a productive WR and that's the least we can ask for.

Last edited:
I hear both sides here, but I absolutely didn't believe in Ezzard from day one. I eventually shut up about it after a couple of posts, it wasn't received well. Felt the same way about Worsham. Also felt that way about Brooks this year, but he's killing it like he always does in high school. Hit on some, miss on some.

As for Atwell, everyone knew he wasn't going to play QB, but his athleticism and speed popped so much that some people felt he needed to be in that class. I was in that camp, you take him, he was that electric. Yes, over Ezzard. Hightower I believed in, wouldn't have picked Atwell if forced to pick between the two.

Anyhow, carry on.

See, at least you are being more honest that Cucking Robes.

If you didn't believe in Ezzard, fair enough. But we also shouldn't write him off yet, as he JUST started playing again after sitting out his transfer year. I don't know if he will succeed or fail at Georgia Tech, but he is playing well so far with a true freshman QB.

I'm not knocking your point of view, you are entitled to your opinions. I merely pointed out that AT THE TIME nobody was making the "take the 3 star converted HS QB, who just decommitted from FAU, and change his position to WR, and take him as an early enrollee, over more highly rated WR recruits."

If you can find someone posting that a few years ago, let me know. Again, I'm sure that Atwell's family and friends felt that way, but I just never saw any CIS porsters who made such a bold prediction.

And, of course, Cucking Robes can't produce any such CIS posts calling for us to take 3-star FAU-decommit Atwell over the 4-star and 5-star recruits we were still chasing. He's going to yip and yap about Richt's evaluation and the complicated timeline of Marquez Ezzard's recruitment.

Ijs, with my own eyes, Payton was easily the most impressive WR at the spring game last year besides Osborn taking a slant 60ish yrds for a TD. That doesn't necessarily mean he was our best WR. He was still a freshman that had to get accumulated to the college game and S&C. We still had Osborn, JT, Wiggins, and Hightower before his transfer. These are also the same coaches that continue to run Pope, and Harley onto the field.

So now Lashlee and Likens have been corrupted and are brainwashed to play ****tier players when literally feeding their families depends on them winning and keeping their jobs? That's a bold strategy. Interesting stuff.

Advertisement
So now Lashlee and Likens have been corrupted and are brainwashed to play ****tier players when literally feeding their families depends on them winning and keeping their jobs? That's a bold strategy. Interesting stuff.
I was talking about last year. Maybe should have used past tense when I mentioned the coaches. We all know prior to this year that our WR position wasnt well managed.

Last edited:
It was said awhile ago that Enos redshirted him and he was not happy. I don't think it had anything to do with his ability

JP will be fine. He’s talented and he’s a hard worker but I agree with @OrangeBowlMagic the time is NOW not later. I know just off of desirable traits he could be WR1 but it’s time to put up. He was a highly ranked kid and this is about the time they show up IF they are going to show up

You are wrong, as per usual. You act as if, somehow, Ezzard's recruitment only started when he decommitted or "met" with Miami. We were recruiting Ezzard before Atwell de-committed from FAU, committed to Louisville, signed, or enrolled.

Again, there is a difference between whether an executive head coach (as Richt was, based on the Bowden model) is aware of what position a particular recruit will play, and what the FANS will tolerate from recruiting. You know **** well that Miami fans would have freaked the fvck out if Miami took an FAU decommit as an early enrollee while higher-rated prospects were still on the board (and all you have to do is look around this board to see porsters advocating that we "push-out" 3-star recruits if 4 and 5 star recruits want in).

I know you won't ever admit you were wrong, because that would involve you taking the **** out of your mouth for a few precious moments, but this is what you do, you spin people's comments into things they never said.

Literally, you devoted all your "evidence" to crap about Mark Richt, while ignoring EXACTLY what I said. Plus, you only focus on Ezzard and ignore Hightower. And what I said is that you cannot find POSTERS advocating for taking Atwell over Ezzard/Hightower. You cannot find one single poster who says "let's take the 3-star FAU decommit over higher-rated WR recruits".

Keep yammering on, though. You're still wrong, and will always be wrong, because you are a fraud and a BS'er.
More word vomit justifying your trash take from the Queen Fraud on this forum. Took you weeks to respond, too. Cute.

Hightower stinks, too. So, if you want to bundle him into this discussion...cool. Tutu will be playing on Sundays while you're pounding the table attempting to justify future Enterprise Car Rental employees as recruits for this team. Richt was wrong. You're wrong. Several posters here were right...Tutu is good and Miami, once again, failed to identify a local baller that should be here that numerous posters easily identified as being good at the position he is indeed good at.

Spin it however you want with more word vomit, clown.

You'd be hard pressed to find a local baller since Optimist ball that would not be welcome as a member of a class. Funny.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Again, this doesn't tell the whole story. It's not like there's no way a kid can be a great player if he hasn't popped to this point. I'm just pointing out that there's a TON of evidence that elite, top end WRs are usually raping opposing defenses by now.

Henry Ruggs Year 2 -- 46 catches for 741 yards and 11 TDs
Jerry Jeudy Year 2 -- 68 catches for 1315 yards and 14 TDs
CeeDee Lamb Year 2 -- 65 for 1158 yards and 11 TDs
Jalen Reagor Year 2 -- 72 catches for 1061 yards and 9 TDs
Justin Jefferson Year 2 -- 54 catches for 875 yards and 5 TDs (and this was in that horrible 2018 LSU offense)
Brandon Aiyuk Year 2 -- He went to Juco for 2 years but his 2nd year there caught over 60 balls for 900+ yards
Tee Higgins Year 2 -- 59 catches for 936 yards and 12 TDs
Michael Pittman Year 2 -- 23 catches for 404 yards and 2 TDs
Laviska Shenault Year 2 -- 86 catches for 1011 yards and 6 TDs
KJ Hamler Year 2 -- 56 catches for 904 yards and 8 TDs
Chase Claypool Year 2 -- 29 catches for 409 yards and 2 TDs
Van Jefferson Year 2 -- 49 catches for 543 yards and 3 TDs
Denzel Mims Year 2 -- 61 catches for 1087 yards and 8 TDs

Are we sensing a pattern here? Again, this doesn't mean Payton sucks or he can't be good. But those are all the WRs taken in the first 2 rounds of the NFL draft in April. All except for Pittman and Claypool were putting up MONSTER numbers by year 2. And even those 2 kids were certainly seeing some success.

I know he hasn't played much, but Jeremiah Payton has caught 1 whole pass for 13 yards this year after blowing up for 1 catch last season. If he's going to be a career backup, then this makes sense. But I was shredded for saying Miami does not have top end WR talent on this roster, but don't worry because Jeremiah Payton is that dude. OK then. It's not too late for that to happen by any means, but um....let's ******* go??
This is great data. I'd find it more applicable to Payton's situation if we were in October of 2021. Counting a historically absurd year under Enos and his staff puts a dent in the analysis. Counting the 3 possible games in 2020 where the dude's practice schedule (I believe he was quarantined, no?) and game availability were affected by a world pandemic also skews the analysis. I think your general conclusion about Year 2 WRs is compelling. I question whether applying it to this situation makes sense. If he's at about the same impact status by this time next year or hasn't flashed by the end of this season, I think we can begin to accept your conclusion. Otherwise, in this case, I think it's premature.

Probably for some of the same reasons we played two Freshmen at LT/RT against a UF team with NFL pass rushers. And, kept our underdeveloped 2* LT in the situation to block deep play action passes for most of the season. It's hard to fully understand last season's offense and the decisions that led to those historically bad results. Seriously, I still can't fully figure out how you can do "less with more" so consistently over a season. I'm not sure many people expected that from Enos. I actually thought the guy had come here to expand his previous offenses. Dead wrong on that.

For the people who simply can't stop hyping him up, explain why he did not win a starting job. Isn't that a pretty good indicator that he's not what you keep claiming he is?

He was an EE in 2019 and couldn't crack the rotation. Couldn't secure a starting role and then mysteriously vanished the last 2 games.

I just don't understand the hype up to now. What do you know that I don't?

Advertisement
See, at least you are being more honest that Cucking Robes.

If you didn't believe in Ezzard, fair enough. But we also shouldn't write him off yet, as he JUST started playing again after sitting out his transfer year. I don't know if he will succeed or fail at Georgia Tech, but he is playing well so far with a true freshman QB.

I'm not knocking your point of view, you are entitled to your opinions. I merely pointed out that AT THE TIME nobody was making the "take the 3 star converted HS QB, who just decommitted from FAU, and change his position to WR, and take him as an early enrollee, over more highly rated WR recruits."

If you can find someone posting that a few years ago, let me know. Again, I'm sure that Atwell's family and friends felt that way, but I just never saw any CIS porsters who made such a bold prediction.

And, of course, Cucking Robes can't produce any such CIS posts calling for us to take 3-star FAU-decommit Atwell over the 4-star and 5-star recruits we were still chasing. He's going to yip and yap about Richt's evaluation and the complicated timeline of Marquez Ezzard's recruitment.

Its cute, you're trying to bite my insults, TheOriginalCuck.

More word vomit justifying your trash take from the Queen Fraud on this forum. Took you weeks to respond, too. Cute.

Hightower stinks, too. So, if you want to bundle him into this discussion...cool. Tutu will be playing on Sundays while you're pounding the table attempting to justify future Enterprise Car Rental employees as recruits for this team. Richt was wrong. You're wrong. Several posters here were right...Tutu is good and Miami, once again, failed to identify a local baller that should be here that numerous posters easily identified as being good at the position he is indeed good at.

Spin it however you want with more word vomit, clown.

You'd be hard pressed to find a local baller since Optimist ball that would not be welcome as a member of a class. Funny.

Produce any posts from 2-3 years ago that specifically advocates for taking Atwell OVER other WR targets.

I'll wait.

You'll do nothing, as per usual. Because there ARE NO posts that call for Miami to take a 3-star FAU-decommit QB-to-WR recruit over 4-star WR recruits.

Don't try to recycle your usual "Atwell will be a good college player" cut-and-pastes. Nobody cares about those. People say nice things about hundreds of SoFla HS players every single year.

I don't care if people talk tough or have hot takes, but you're a fraud trying to do it. You keep claiming that there was some sort of obvious group of posters who wanted us to take Atwell, but you've never produced a shred of evidence.

Instead, you're going to bore us to tears with the endless "three-years-later" retrospective.

You've got a whole board to scour for "Atwell-positive" posts. Get to it. Your entire reputation rests on this. Find the posts or admit you are a fraud.

Its cute, you're trying to bite my insults, TheOriginalCuck.

Don't be mad because we laugh at you for picking your screen name based on the fact that you prefer dudes having quick access to your junk when they give you blowjobs.

Produce any posts from 2-3 years ago that specifically advocates for taking Atwell OVER other WR targets.

I'll wait.

You'll do nothing, as per usual. Because there ARE NO posts that call for Miami to take a 3-star FAU-decommit QB-to-WR recruit over 4-star WR recruits.

Don't try to recycle your usual "Atwell will be a good college player" cut-and-pastes. Nobody cares about those. People say nice things about hundreds of SoFla HS players every single year.

I don't care if people talk tough or have hot takes, but you're a fraud trying to do it. You keep claiming that there was some sort of obvious group of posters who wanted us to take Atwell, but you've never produced a shred of evidence.

Instead, you're going to bore us to tears with the endless "three-years-later" retrospective.

You've got a whole board to scour for "Atwell-positive" posts. Get to it. Your entire reputation rests on this. Find the posts or admit you are a fraud.
I already posted plenty of posts, including my very own that advocated for Tutu Atwell being a good college player - very early into his college career. I was right. You're just moving the goalpost to find posts that directly advocate recruiting a player to Miami because you've got a **** take on Ezzard and Hightower, justifying their takes over a South Florida player, because, thats the point...when we have obvious ballers in South Florida, we should take them. That should go without saying, but cucks like yourself need it spelled out for you, I guess. There are literally, dozens, if not three figures of posts dating back 2014 saying Atwell is a stud on this forum. Thats not a hot take. Its a freezing cold take because of how obvious it was.

Most people on this forum are not actually bozos, unlike present company. If there is a South Florida baller, it goes without saying, Miami should take him. If you need it spelled out for you 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 years after the fact, thats on you, because you're a ******* dummy.

Advertisement
Back