Jeremiah Payton

Our 2018 top prospect lingard left.2019 top prospect Payton left.2020 top prospect avantae Williams got kick out.we haven’t have any luck with our top prospect last 3 years.or central fl kids our kind of overrated.2021 top prospect Taylor is going to change that trend
And the two years before that were Sam Bruce and Jeff Thomas.

It is kind of weird how bad our recent top commits have turned out to be for us, whether it be talent or off field.

Advertisement
I don't know man. I think he may be the worst talent evaluator in program history bar none. What makes him the worst is the level of attrition he sustained in his position room. In 16' he recruited Bruce, Richards, Mullins, & Dayall Harris. In 17' he recruited JT, Harley, & Njoku. In 18' he recruited Pope, Wiggins, Hightower, & Ezzard. And in 19' he was the primary recruiter for Payton. Out of all of the WR's he recruited 9 out of 12 ended up leaving the program either because of poor fit, poor intangibles, or injury. I'm counting JT because had Dugans been WR coach, he would've never came back to the program after being dismissed. Out of the 3 that stayed, 2 are Pope & Wiggins. Not only is the jury still out on those 2, but they may still end up leaving. So that makes his attrition rate potentially more than 75%. Which is an absolute insane number. Correct me if i'm wrong, but has this ever happened before in program history?
Jury still out on Pope & Wiggins? Pretty sure they have been found guilty of impersonating a WR

Bro whoever saying that Payton overrated as a recruit or a reach, is straight capping. He was a high 4 star and we were all waxing lyrical about his ceiling/ability.
This is one of my favorite things. Every time a perceived good player leaves, all of a sudden someone "knew all along" that they weren't good but, of course, never says that until they leave.

Some players work out and some don't, it's that simple.

Advertisement
I don't know man. I think he may be the worst talent evaluator in program history bar none. What makes him the worst is the level of attrition he sustained in his position room. In 16' he recruited Bruce, Richards, Mullins, & Dayall Harris. In 17' he recruited JT, Harley, & Njoku. In 18' he recruited Pope, Wiggins, Hightower, & Ezzard. And in 19' he was the primary recruiter for Payton. Out of all of the WR's he recruited 9 out of 12 ended up leaving the program either because of poor fit, poor intangibles, or injury. I'm counting JT because had Dugans been WR coach, he would've never came back to the program after being dismissed. Out of the 3 that stayed, 2 are Pope & Wiggins. Not only is the jury still out on those 2, but they may still end up leaving. So that makes his attrition rate potentially more than 75%. Which is an absolute insane number. Correct me if i'm wrong, but has this ever happened before in program history?
Lol The jury is not out on Pope and Wiggins. The jury returned with a conviction 2 years ago

Last year really sucked for him. He got hit with contact tracing , then I think he tested positive, and then he hurt his knee. Not surprising he never got into any kind of rhythm when he did get on the field. It's a shame he didn't have more patience this year. maybe he'll rethink this decision and come back.

One of the posters on 247 mentioned he was expecting a child, too...

Advertisement
Bro whoever saying that Payton overrated as a recruit or a reach, is straight capping. He was a high 4 star and we were all waxing lyrical about his ceiling/ability.
your post is a classic.

the comment was that he was overhyped by our fan base, for reasons given. no one even said he was a reach or overrated as a recruit - through in retrospect he was clearly overrated as a recruit.

he was a 5.9 on rivals, which is not a borderline 5* - it’s a solid 4*. for whatever that’s worth.

some a y’al still quote fan site ratings like they’re some eval truth. same folks who act surprised when allegedly high rated kids wash out.

anyhow, the comment that everyone was ‘waxing lyrical’ about his ceiling is just typical message board blah blah. it’s obviously false. not everyone was.

Last year really sucked for him. He got hit with contact tracing , then I think he tested positive, and then he hurt his knee. Not surprising he never got into any kind of rhythm when he did get on the field. It's a shame he didn't have more patience this year. maybe he'll rethink this decision and come back.

One of the posters on 247 mentioned he was expecting a child, too...
My guess is he will play again but it will be somewhere else. There are too many good young receivers in this program to think a guy can take a year off and then win a spot. Maybe he ends up at USF next year?

too many folks confuse ability with potential. the streets are littered with stories of kids who were better than future pros when they were all growing up. hoops legends. pop warner legends. not even saying payton was that. but the point is, it takes a lot more than a couple highlights to become a productive next level player, let alone the level beyond college. it takes work, desire, commitment, sacrifice, discipline, focus, etc. It doesn’t much matter how good someone thinks you coulda been. How good are you / were you, that’s the question.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So was Manny….

I’m not sure what’s going on

Manny never said he was off the team, just that he wasn't in a position to prioritize football. Maybe he gets some counseling and detox and gets his head back in the game. Hope for his sake he figures it out soon.

Baker, Banda, Rumph, Stroud, Enos, Stubblefield, & Dugans, lord what an awful staff!
As a recruiter stroud was a boss compared to the dude now
But yea overall that group was straight doo doo
It looks like a Mac or aac staff

I can see this likely being a kid who may be expecting a child or something....and i could remember from his early social media he seemed head over heels with a girl

Advertisement
Back