Jeremiah Holloman 2017 GA WR

Link to article
UNC Football Recruiting: Four-star wide receiver Jeremiah Holloman places North Carolina in his top 12 - Tar Heel Blog

UNC Football Recruiting: Four-star wide receiver Jeremiah Holloman places North Carolina in his top 12

Can the Tar Heels land wide receiver Jeremiah Holloman?

After decommitting from the University of Michigan in February, 2017 wide receiver Jeremiah Holloman reopened his recruitment. This decision allowed North Carolina to move in and they offered him a scholarship back in May. On Wednesday, the four-star recruit narrowed his schools down to 12 after sifting through nearly 50 different scholarship offers. Those schools include Tennessee, Miami, Georgia, Penn State, Notre Dame, Auburn, Michigan State, LSU, Oklahoma State, University of Southern California, Oregon, and UNC.

The six-foot-two, 185-pound wide receiver ranks 153rd in the national composite, while ranking 23rd at his position and 19th in his home state of Georgia. Scout.com says “he has excellent body control and can adjust to the ball in the air or on the ground.” Holloman is also praised for his a abilities as a receiver, working inside or outside, catching short passes and going the distance, or getting behind the defense to catch the ball deep.

Despite already having two wide receivers for the class of 2017, the Tar Heels could still use the addition of Holloman. If he were to commit to Chapel Hill, he would join three-star recruits JT Cauthen and Tyler Smith at the position. Considering he is from Georgia and was previously set to attend Michigan, proximity to home might not be a factor for him, unless that was the reason he decided to decommit.

Currently, 247 Sports’ crystal ball claims there is a 94% chance he will choose Georgia. Since getting an offer from them in March, Holloman has taken several unofficial visits to their campus and even attended Bulldogs camp. Tennessee is another school that has been recruiting him hard. If the Tar Heels want to land him, they will have to pull out all the stops.

Advertisement
After watching this guys highlights on hudl, this guy is a complete reciver and he is elite! i like him over Judy and Smith no matter where he chooses to go. He reminds me of a faster Greg Little. Love a phyisical reciver whos hard to bring down as well as takes pride in his blocking. This would be a 5 star get imo. Him, Bruce, and Richards would be an elite combo. Love Harleys game as well. Very underrated.

Would love to see him select Miami.

I think our season plays into his decision.

IMO, I think UGA (home state team), Auburn (he works out with Cam Newton on a regular basis), Tennessee (they're the "it" SEC program on the rise, and they get more than a decent amount of metro Atlanta football talent) are the schools Miami is competing with.

We have a better season than those 3, and I think he picks Miami.

Will be interesting to see how much weight, if any, the relationship with Dallas carries with JJ (Holloman).

Last edited:
Advertisement
He's going to go to Georgia. Signed, sealed, and delivered

What makes you say that?

He may go there, as they are a viable option ... But what makes you think it's a done deal?

He's a vet and has seen this play out over and over and over.Just like most knew JJ was going to Bama and Smith was going to Bama or LSU and just like WV fans know Harley is going to miami if we offer,you just know.

Advertisement
He's going to go to Georgia. Signed, sealed, and delivered

What makes you say that?

He may go there, as they are a viable option ... But what makes you think it's a done deal?

He's a vet and has seen this play out over and over and over.Just like most knew JJ was going to Bama and Smith was going to Bama or LSU and just like WV fans know Harley is going to miami if we offer,you just know.

This haha I have seen this way to many times. Its very easy to see the kids who are out of courtesy and kids coming for free vacation. I don't fall for that legit interest bull crap. Just like Leatherwood we are seriously like #4 on his list and people thought he was going to flip from Bama. Come on now, crootin' aint for the weak hearted haha

Would love to see him select Miami.

I think our season plays into his decision.

IMO, I think UGA (home state team), Auburn (he works out with Cam Newton on a regular basis), Tennessee (they're the "it" SEC program on the rise, and they get more than a decent amount of metro Atlanta football talent) are the schools Miami is competing with.

We have a better season than those 3, and I think he picks Miami.

Will be interesting to see how much weight, if any, the relationship with Dallas carries with JJ (Holloman).

I don't put to much stock into his relationship with Dallas. He has a teammate and close friend, who he has known since they were 3 years old, committed to Tenn. That kid is recruiting him to UT just as hard as Dallas is trying to get him to come to UM.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hope this is the commit Deejay was talking about. Straight up beast. Easily take him over Judy or Smith.

Advertisement
I think he's all Georgia. His mom post mostly all Georgia stuff on Twitter. Loved to have him. I just think he's to Georgia like Jeudy is to Alabama

Advertisement
Back