Jennifer Strawley Oversees Football as Deputy Director of Athletics

Advertisement
Jesus, there's a lot of neanderthal motherfckers on this board... Clearly, this woman and everyone else in leadership roles at the UM athletic department are garbage at building a good football program and need to go, but a lot of you are desperate to inject your backwards-*** politics into everything.

Advertisement
I applied for this position back when it was available, clearly I wasn't qualified enough for it. I hadn't finished my masters yet.

Advertisement
So you imagine ’chowderhead’ men in that dynamic, then imagine them to be bad conversationalists, and from that you conclude that the ‘obvious takeaway’ is more women in power see needed? Whether more women in power are needed or not, your argument is bizarre, and based entirely on conjecture and projection.

Again, what a bizarre, offensive, stereotypical generalization. If thst is what passes as justification for social engineering by your and your ilk, we should all be concerned.

So women are better than men at dna genealogy? is that your contention?

Yeah, that was some weirdo stuff.
Someone got tossed into the jock bin one too many times in high school by his "neanderthal" football classmates.
Classic example of testosterone deprivation.

The country needs more women in high positions of power. That's the obvious takeaway. Throughout the interview I was imagining two chowderhead guys in those chairs and how pathetically a similar discussion would pan out. They wouldn't be listening at all, as opposed to preplanned empty blather. Meanwhile you could see that Strawley was genuinely interested in everything the other woman interjected.

The country is headed in the correct direction but obviously simplistic males occupy the vast majority of these roles and are too scared to do anything except hand off to a fellow simpleton.

I post on several true crime forums. A dominant theme on those sites is how inept the male law enforcement types have been in those cases, especially in comparison to females who gain responsibility. For example, the DNA genealogy route is now identifying one past offender after another thanks to leadership and breakthroughs from the likes of Colleen Fitzpatrick and CeCe Moore.

Anyway, I will say the host of this discussion really blew an opportunity for follow up. That is so often the case. So robotic instead of fluid. The woman from Georgia Southern specifically mentioned "noise" from boosters and fans during a coaching search. Jennifer Strawley nodded her head in acknowledgement. Little grin. Semi animated. It was perfect time for the host to identify the nod and interject something like, "Jennifer, you reacted noticeably to the topic of noise from boosters and fans. Obviously that is consideration at a school with the football success and expectations of the University of Miami. Tell us how the athletic department deals with that aspect, during a coaching search...and in general."

I used to ask uncomfortable questions like that. John Robinson didn't like it one bit and walked out of his Heritage Hall office in silence, leaving me sitting there. Who cares? They are the proper questions.
You are one strange cat. Let me guess, you got your degree from mount holyoke?

Advertisement
She isn’t choosing the head coach. The AD and boosters select the coach. Jenn sets up the meetings and makes sure the private jets have fuel.

I get that. But Blake seems to rely on her input. Scary.

Advertisement
This woman, who 99% of us never heard of before Pete's tweet a few months ago obviously has zero to do with the inner workings, hiring or firing of of the HC of this team.

The hysteria around this woman created by some immature kid makes me lol every time.
Umm, have you actually researched her direct role with the coaching searches and direct involvement with Richt or watched this interview? She's works directly with the process and the head coach

This woman, who 99% of us never heard of before Pete's tweet a few months ago obviously has zero to do with the inner workings, hiring or firing of of the HC of this team.

The hysteria around this woman created by some immature kid makes me lol every time.

She is still incompetent and an obvious example of the cancer in the AD. And she has more power and authority than you give her credit for.

If you are not happy with the Athletic Department you go after the AD. During Jenn over football performance would literally be firing the person that impacts it the least. If you fired the AD and hired a good one, then they would build the right staff.

Advertisement
Back