Jennifer Strawley: Our Female Blake James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
CD7LTgQUIAId_Xa.jpg
And you a$$holes elected her to Congress, now she has the ability to f@ck up all Americans' lives not just Miami fans

How could she have undermined Butch when she wasn't even on campus until he had bailed for Cleveland? Butch used Dr. Shalala as a convenient excuse, he wanted an NFL job for years, people forget that he pushed for the Cowboys job on multiple occasions. Let's not let facts and a calendar get in the way of your poorly thought out nonsense. Dr. Shalala like any other competent University President rarely got involved in athletic department affairs. She stood up for Shannon, and rightfully took heat for that. Frankly, had she gotten her way, Miami would have backed up a truck for Barry Alvarez, due to her great affinity for him while they were at Wisconsin. Miami would have been better off, but that's a conversation for another day. The leaders that get involved in those matters are usually at schools that are pure garbage, IE FSU when they had an ex Bowden player lead the entire University. Our fanbase, due to the fact that most never met an actual alum, nor attended the school don't understand how any decent school works. UMiami isn't Alabama, where the school exists solely to service the football program. No private school can operate that way, you'd go under in record time.

People also forget that using the rankings to gauge academic quality is a fool's errand due to how the USNWR formulates them. When Miami was in the middle of huge fundraising drives, Miami was able to take advantage of the ranking factors to shoot up. What most people didn't notice, and what USNWR doesn't really talk about was that Miami was getting more and more competitive especially as research dollars poured in. That's what made Miami a better school, the research got really good, it attracted great professors, and elite kids wanted to go there. Go walk around campus now, and you'll notice the student body looks vastly different. There's a reason why. I doubt that Miami magically stopped teaching, and became FSU in 4 years. FSU is still a safety state school, but is now one that is raising a ton of money, after decades of not doing anything. Their student demos haven't changed all that much, they are just taking advantage of the USNWR ranking criteria. If Miami was to start on another major fundraising drive, Miami would shoot right back up, although little has changed on campus since the end of Momentum II. That's why people in the know utilize the WSJ ranking, because it is a deeper dive into a school.

Miami can and should be able to have good, nationally competitive athletic programs, while providing a world class educational experience to those fortunate enough to get that thick envelope in their mailbox. The problem is that on the athletics side, there are idiots running it, who lack the drive and will to utilize the tools at their disposal to successfully manage what is a unique and complex department. They aren't held accountable by the people that should, because most of them aren't full time administrators. Our BOT is full of people that look at the job as a hobby, not as something they should take pride in, not something that is a public trust. When you sit on that board, you are responsible to stakeholders like myself, and the communities that the University serves. They don't get it, and it's time someone called them on it. The BOT should be held accountable, especially the more athletically inclined individuals. Until Miami has a reckoning with the people in charge, nothing will change. Frankly, I would have loved for Miami to have hired Adm. Stavridis when Dr. Shalala retired. I think he would have shaken up the BOT, he is huge on duty and responsibility. We need someone that has the courage to call a spade a spade.

This, this, and this. This was my choice as well. Frankly, I was greatly disappointed in the hiring of Frenk, but I heard from those in the know that he was competitive, so I warmed up to the idea. But Adm. Stavridis was the guy. Excellent post, btw.

Being a stakeholder, do you not have a voice in this matter?

Advertisement
I knew low key that this was the problem without any proof, I just felt it for a good while. This thread shows that my feelings were right and the same **** is happening at usc I bet everything on it.

Naw, the same thing AIN'T happening at USCw. USC kept Helton around b/c he was once upon a time under both Kiffin and Sarkisian, the last links to USC's recent dominance under Carroll. After Helton went to back to back NY6 games in 2016/2017, Lynn Swann, who didn't know wtf he was doing, gave him a premature extension after a tumultuous 2018 season. That along w/ other chit that was happening, behind closed doors, Swann was "encouraged" to resign, although it was made to appear that he did it on his own.

They are on the verge to look for a new AD and Helton, unless he pulls a miracle and go on an epic run, will not have the protection from Swann and he will be bought out. They are prepared to throw big, BIG money at Urban.

Its interesting how all the UM admin defenders here share a similar disdain for UM fans and the kind of people who UM fancies its fans to be.

UM has had an internal battle of their identity for a long time. Its like the admin is afraid to just be who we are. It's kind of interesting, and sad, how to outsiders looking in Miami appears to be the take no crap, us against the world, confident bravado filled school but inside the admin desperately just wants to be in the "club" of most of the other universities out there. That's what initially attracted me to Miami was that they were DIFFERENT. From the football team to friends and family members who graduated there they did have that attitude. It seems the school feels they have to apologize for it and what we've done (when anyone close to the school knows most of that is exaggerated bs anyways), and that is the worst part. If they just accepted it then the school could go to such great heights in sports, academics, everything.

This applies to some of the students as well. Just in my experience, the ones who are the most critical of their own school, think it is terribly managed, lacks in academics, loudest and first to jump ship when things go wrong, have the same views and perspectives those in the admin seem to have. I didn't know the orange bowl parade story, unbelievable. And most of the school's "critics" were probably just fine with that. Get them all the f outta here and get some people in there who actually appreciate what the U is. Not try to make it into something its not.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Naw, the same thing AIN'T happening at USCw. USC kept Helton around b/c he was once upon a time under both Kiffin and Sarkisian, the last links to USC's recent dominance under Carroll. After Helton went to back to back NY6 games in 2016/2017, Lynn Swann, who didn't know wtf he was doing, gave him a premature extension after a tumultuous 2018 season. That along w/ other chit that was happening, behind closed doors, Swann was "encouraged" to resign, although it was made to appear that he did it on his own.

They are on the verge to look for a new AD and Helton, unless he pulls a miracle and go on an epic run, will not have the protection from Swann and he will be bought out. They are prepared to throw big, BIG money at Urban.
If it works out for then they are safe.....it seems like they want to win so we will see. We need Urban but i know its over for my canes this is nebraska now without the huge boosters

If it works out for then they are safe.....it seems like they want to win so we will see. We need Urban but i know its over for my canes this is nebraska now without the huge boosters

Here's the only reason why I say we're not dead vs. just needing the right hire:

Unlike the past greats like Pitt and Nebraska, we are situated in the hottest recruiting grounds. Just remember, it was Schnelly that was the key to exploiting this area. The kids ain't going to stay if we're not going to give them something to stay home for. We give them something to stay home for, and we'll be good. USCw is in the same boat. People thought they were dead after the early 80's. We just need the right guy and folks leading us. We're a ticking time bomb that the folks up top keep pushing our clocks back.

Here's the only reason why I say we're not dead vs. just needing the right hire:

Unlike the past greats like Pitt and Nebraska, we are situated in the hottest recruiting grounds. Just remember, it was Schnelly that was the key to exploiting this area. The kids ain't going to stay if we're not going to give them something to stay home for. We give them something to stay home for, and we'll be good. USCw is in the same boat. People thought they were dead after the early 80's. We just need the right guy and folks leading us. We're a ticking time bomb that the folks up top keep pushing our clocks back.
Ive always said this. All it takes is a solid staff. Wake forests coach clausen would have miami top 25 every year.

Advertisement
Dan Mullen interviewed for this job before Blake hired Rick. The Gators have Dan Mullen and we are stuck with Manny
And you a$$holes elected her to Congress, now she has the ability to f@ck up all Americans' lives not just Miami fans

This is mind boggling how Shalala got elected here just demonstrates how low the IQs are of the electorate.

Advertisement
@Peter Gibbons is the type who slings insults on a message board but wouldn’t say boo at Halloween in person.
He won't....C*m drunk Faqquit ran his mouth about my GF few months back....I told that Punk B*tch to say that to my face week of Gator game....of course the D*ck Lapper didn't show his face, and its a Good thing the Puzzy didn't, because I'd still be in jail....

He won't....C*m drunk Faqquit ran his mouth about my GF few months back....I told that Punk B*tch to say that to my face week of Gator game....of course the D*ck Lapper didn't show his face, and its a Good thing the Puzzy didn't, because I'd still be in jail....

What libs do man. Scared of confrontation. Beta males

What libs do man. Scared of confrontation. Beta males
Thing is....not only did the Douchebag run his mouth about my GF....But ran his mouth about Butch & his players....little did the crossdresser know, that the entire day of the game I was hanging with 3 former UM players (under Butch) who were equally praying for this azzhat to show his face...But of course the D*ckbreath never showed his puzzy face....

Wow. That’s as low as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back