Jelani Hamilton, Earl Moore. D'Mauri Jones

Advertisement
I think Crow has been off for a while. O'Donnell is a new development. I believe we had room for 5 more players on scholarship last year. 11 seniors, then burns, brady, and odonnell gone. So at least room for 19.

I think we sign a couple more than that this class and then wait for attrition; if no spring transfers or players getting kicked off the team (which will happen), a couple of these guys may be pushed for numbers.

[]_[] swag;2464156 said:
I think Crow has been off for a while. O'Donnell is a new development. I believe we had room for 5 more players on scholarship last year. 11 seniors, then burns, brady, and odonnell gone. So at least room for 19.

I think we sign a couple more than that this class and then wait for attrition; if no spring transfers or players getting kicked off the team (which will happen), a couple of these guys may be pushed for numbers.

I think you may be way off. We could pull in 25 players right now (even with the early entries) and still be under.

[]_[] swag;2464156 said:

I think you may be way off. We could pull in 25 players right now (even with the early entries) and still be under.

Ok how am I way off? I've brought this up a couple times and I'm not really getting an answer. Where are my numbers off, I'm genuinely curious.

Advertisement
Here's my theory:

We're kinda thin at DT and with the graduation of Heurtelou, Kamalu, Wyche, Scott, Waters.

We can hope to land a big-time DT recruit for this cycle, who could conceivably replace Moore.

If we fail to do so, we can hold on to Moore as insurance for one more season. Ditto with Hamilton and Jones at their respective positions (DE and WR).

DE:

AQM
Thomas
Harris
D. Jackson
Patchan
Hamilton
Bethel
J. Jackson

DT:

Jenkins
Moten
Norton
Willis
McIntosh
Moore
Fines

Advertisement
I'm curious to see if Richt is bringing the time honored SEC tradition of "gray shirting"?

Richt aint going to turn down anyone he wants. He will make room. There is a lot of dead weight on this roster.

Here's my theory:

We're kinda thin at DT and with the graduation of Heurtelou, Kamalu, Wyche, Scott, Waters.

We can hope to land a big-time DT recruit for this cycle, who could conceivably replace Moore.

If we fail to do so, we can hold on to Moore as insurance for one more season. Ditto with Hamilton and Jones at their respective positions (DE and WR).

DE:

AQM
Thomas
Harris
D. Jackson
Patchan
Hamilton
Bethel
J. Jackson

DT:

Jenkins
Moten
Norton
Willis
McIntosh
Moore
Fines

I just don't understand how people keep saying we are thin at DT, we aren't thin there. Now we still need DTs in this class to balance it all out, but we are fine at DT for the next two years.

Nobody knows the Rooster like Rok. He's got spreadsheets with extrapolated data. Not even Butch could make a player disappear under Rok's watchful eye.

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2464219 said:
[]_[] swag;2464156 said:

Ok how am I way off? I've brought this up a couple times and I'm not really getting an answer. Where are my numbers off, I'm genuinely curious.

you're not off. we cant take more than 25, and if we want to take 25 we need about 5 or so more kids off the current roster to transfer out.

Don't early enrollees count for last years scholarship number?
Because if that is the case we have room for 24 as of today, or 19 MORE who aren't currently enrolled (basically Shaq, McCloud, Pickney, Allison, and Bethel dont technically count for 2016 class, they count as 2015 class).

But then again im not sure if this is how it works.

So we have 13 commits not including the EE's, so that would leave room for 6 more. Add in any other players that might not be on scholarship next year and we have more spots. But a class around 25-28 is what i was expecting from the start.

Advertisement
Is there any intel that J Hamilton could have the light switch on and live up to his potential? Could Coack Kool inspire/coach/mentor him up to a higher level?

[]_[] swag;2464219 said:
[]_[] swag;2464156 said:

you're not off. we cant take more than 25, and if we want to take 25 we need about 5 or so more kids off the current roster to transfer out.

Exactly... we would drop 5 kids off of the current roster. That happens all the time with 1st yr coaches. Richt cant take more than 25 but if he finds 25 guys he wants he will drop kids like flies.

Advertisement
Back