Jelani Hamilton, Earl Moore. D'Mauri Jones

Report: Miami DT Earl Moore leaving program; Adidas campaign debuts | Canes Watch

You guys call yourself canes fans? Moore transferred out last January.

Jones Lewis and Hamilton are all 5th year seniors. If the staff lands studs and everyone clears admissions/ncaa AND no one else transfers before August, then those three can get pushed out to give us 23 spots. In other words, we have room for 8-10 more guys as we likely will have some departures. Heck, move Lewis to medical so he can get his graduate degree and let him coach some.

Advertisement
Report: Miami DT Earl Moore leaving program; Adidas campaign debuts | Canes Watch

You guys call yourself canes fans? Moore transferred out last January.

Jones Lewis and Hamilton are all 5th year seniors. If the staff lands studs and everyone clears admissions/ncaa AND no one else transfers before August, then those three can get pushed out to give us 23 spots. In other words, we have room for 8-10 more guys as we likely will have some departures. Heck, move Lewis to medical so he can get his graduate degree and let him coach some.

Did he though? That article says ITU reported it but that his mom and Miami said he was still there.

Where is Moore?

He's the missing piece to our DL, a potential anchor!!

Richt's reputation is that he does not over sign ( or so I have read)
The five EEs we have cannot count toward last year as our numbers were reduced by probation so we can't increase that number so I believe we have a max of 25 including EEs

Does anyone know if Richt has a history of nudging guys off the roster? Maybe he's the type that would just let them play out the final year? He has a rep as a real good guy.

Advertisement
The EE don't count in the 2016 class, that's a fact. We will sign 25-28 come the beginning of Feb. 2016

The five EEs we have cannot count toward last year as our numbers were reduced by probation so we can't increase that number so I believe we have a max of 25 including EEs
Maybe that's correct, but I don't believe so. Our sanctions only affected the 85 limit, not the 25 per year. (Bear with me for a moment) I believe the number on scholarship (85 minus whatever we took as sanction last year) would be calculated at the the start of last season - or the beginning of classes?? If we signed fewer than 25 last year, then we could count some EEs against last year.

Again, the sanctions did not limit the 25 per year, only the overall number on scholarships, and the NCAA only determines that number at one time during the year.

If I'm wrong, I'll get corrected soon enough ;)

Maybe that's correct, but I don't believe so. Our sanctions only affected the 85 limit, not the 25 per year. (Bear with me for a moment) I believe the number on scholarship (85 minus whatever we took as sanction last year) would be calculated at the the start of last season - or the beginning of classes?? If we signed fewer than 25 last year, then we could count some EEs against last year.

Again, the sanctions did not limit the 25 per year, only the overall number on scholarships, and the NCAA only determines that number at one time during the year.

If I'm wrong, I'll get corrected soon enough ;)

You are correct, our sanctions had no impact on our 25 freshman limit each year and only on the hard 85 man cap.

Those 5 guys are gone.. They'll update the roster after signing day they walked out with Seniors the last game.. TRUST ME I was there and I don't think any of them were SR this past year just RS JR's you saw Richt absolutely clean house you will see CMR purge the roster with all the dead weight it carrier I think this class is 25+

Advertisement
The EE don't count in the 2016 class, that's a fact. We will sign 25-28 come the beginning of Feb. 2016

I can guarantee you that we will not sign more than 26. my count has us maxed at 25, and thats only if we lose a few more transfers. But, our signing class will be capped at either 25/26. it depends on whether vogel was granted a scholarship last season or not. Which i am not 100% on.

Badgley was given a schollie, correct?

our ee's cant count back if the previous class was maxed out. Giving schollies to vogel/badgley would have done that

Advertisement
I remember going to the ND game in Chicago and watching Earl Moore as start as a TrFr. Fvck those days.

I played with Earl in hs. When he came in he had never played organized football and couldn't get in a 3pt stance properly. One of the ugliest stances i ever seen. Always played aau basketball though. He had to be taught EVERYTHING. But he was something like 6' 215 as a freshman and was built like a younger Kimbo Slice with short arms. His body definitely was not built to add all that weight. Was very surprised when he signed with UM. Wasnt a very good football player. He was just strong as a mule. Earl had like 3 cousins who i played with during my time in hs and they were all naturally ****strong. Genes......Anyways I always rooted for him while he was here. I wish him and he child the best...

With Miller,Harmon and Davis picking elsewhere if we lose on byrd and Finley Richt can call back some of these guys who left the team as there will be plenty of room for them in the roster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back