Jeff Thomas...

I never said he wasn’t a head case because I agree with that statement. He’s got some issues he needs to work out. But these idiots who trash the kid left and right saying he should have transferred and he’s a quitter don’t know **** about the whole situation on what went down last year. People want to continue to trash the kid like that ok fine but back it up with facts or shut up.

He is overrated because he had one bad game? He muffed a punt and couldn’t come up with a tough catch? That makes you overrated? Jesus you are an idiot. Look at the offense and the two qbs he was playing with his first two years.

Ok.

I might (ok probably) am an idiot.

That has zero to do with what JT will continue to show that he is overrated.

I'm not hating on kid, its within his power to make us all eat crow.

He won't is my last dollar bet.

Advertisement
I never said he wasn’t a head case because I agree with that statement. He’s got some issues he needs to work out. But these idiots who trash the kid left and right saying he should have transferred and he’s a quitter don’t know **** about the whole situation on what went down last year. People want to continue to trash the kid like that ok fine but back it up with facts or shut up.

He is overrated because he had one bad game? He muffed a punt and couldn’t come up with a tough catch? That makes you overrated? Jesus you are an idiot. Look at the offense and the two qbs he was playing with his first two years.

Yup..yup..yup..

Dog ate my homework, sun got in my eye, lotsnof excuses as to why, why, why.

FACTS...kid has quit on what 4 teams in 3 years counting HS? Personality conflicts with coaches (OF COURSE THEIR FAULT..OF COURSE)...its exhausting pointing out JTs red flags.

hmm..I think Mickey Mantle struck out once or twice, Michael Jordan Missed a free throw once or twice, LeBron James missed a layup one or twice, Farve three in interception once or twice, Jerry Rice dropped a pass once or twice, need I go on...the best athletes in sports miss fly ball, fumble, so crucify J T even though we know he is super talented...dumb!

Thomas has huge potential. We've all seen it. But after the drama last season, he simply has to show he deserves. He failed miserably at that yesterday.

I hope that turns out to be an anomaly. If a great players screws up 30% of the time, is it worth it?
Thomas was more harm than good in likely one of the top 2 games this season. Maybe he should have been featured on early instead of Osborne...

Advertisement
I cannot believe the stupidity rampant here. Freshman tackles. Freshman QB. 24-20 to a TOP TEN TEAM. No one gave us a chance and we were THERE at the very end. A few months from now we win this game outright. Losing is never acceptable, but they caught us at THE most vulnerable time. We'll be a disgusting nasty team by the end of the year. Believe that. I want another chance at them. Hopefully the football gods will allow that 🙌

JT **** the bed last night. He is reason #2 that we lost. He wasn’t #1 because our putrid, dog **** OL was worse.
He was supposed to be great this year, but this start makes me think he should have gone to Illinois.

Advertisement
In the 2nd QT, it was like 3rd & 14, Jarren stepped up into the pocket & hit JT on a crossing route for a 1st down. JT just caught the ball & fell down for some reason. Not sure how it looked on TV, but if he doesn’t just fall down, he probably scores. The safety was flat footed & the CB on the right side of the field had his back to him. Big plays were there to be made, we just have to make them.

Think he should have been let more in a groove early in the game. Unfortunately I feel like if he doesn't get involved early he loses focus. Get him going early and it's building his confidence. This Gators DB unit isn't better than LSU's last year. He just got involved in early.

In the 2nd QT, it was like 3rd & 14, Jarren stepped up into the pocket & hit JT on a crossing route for a 1st down. JT just caught the ball & fell down for some reason. Not sure how it looked on TV, but if he doesn’t just fall down, he probably scores. The safety was flat footed & the CB on the right side of the field had his back to him. Big plays were there to be made, we just have to make them.
I was JUST looking at this play on twitter, trying to figure out why he fell while making the catch. smh.

Last edited:
Jeff shoulda been more involved early on imo....those jet sweeps shoulda been him....a bubble or two... slants and crossing routes were open all day....I blame that more on Enos... can't always expect your best wr to come alive in the clutch after freezing him out....

Advertisement
Thomas was more harm than good in likely one of the top 2 games this season. Maybe he should have been featured on early instead of Osborne...
That's a little unfair. Looking back at some of the plays, Thomas did an excellent job getting open, but Jarren (who I think will be a great QB in time) did not get it to him. At least twice he burned the DB (completely turned one around on one play) and would likely have scored if the ball was thrown to him. So on those plays, he did his job, and did it extremely well. So he just as easily could have been the hero of the game. It's all interconnected, moving parts.

Advertisement
JT is in too big of a hurry - and on occasions - it messes up his psyche.

When things are going good - he's up. When things aren't going good - he lets it get to him - and that affects his play.

Too big of a hurry to get to the league - I don't think it's hit him that it's not going to get easier in the league.

Is temperamental in play with this one?

That's a little unfair. Looking back at some of the plays, Thomas did an excellent job getting open, but Jarren (who I think will be a great QB in time) did not get it to him. At least twice he burned the DB (completely turned one around on one play) and would likely have scored if the ball was thrown to him. So on those plays, he did his job, and did it extremely well. So he just as easily could have been the hero of the game. It's all interconnected, moving parts.

Yeah, Enos mentioned in His press conference that Thomas was wide *** open on the first 2 drives.

Advertisement
Back