Jeff Thomas

I think it's more of an adjustment to the speed of the college game, since he wasn't an early enrollee. He and Harley will have their time.

Advertisement
Berrios playing the way he is playing is keeping off the field. Which it is a good thing because it means we are balling boi!

I remember some skinny tall Frosh in 2000 who looked pretty average in the garbage time he was playing.
Andre something or another.

My cuz from Miami was talking to me in the summer of 2001....told me to watch out for Dre.... I was like is he all that? He couldn't get no burn behind Andre King and Darryl Jones. I knew he had size, but I didn't expect a year from him like that in 2001. Always wished he played with moss and Wayne that year in 2000

I dont' really care what he has or hasn't done on offense. He's a true freshman, not getting a lot of reps, probably still learning the offense etc. He does not look natural as a kick returner though. That's usually a spot where you have it or you don't whether you're a true freshman or not. Not much to learn, just field the ball and bring it up. I still think he will eventually be very explosive on offense but I don't know that he'll ever be a great returner. Wouldn't mind someone else getting a crack there.

Advertisement
Would like to see a few plays obviously designed for him - bubble screens, reverses, quick slants, etc

Agree

Agree completely, speed sweep, something....he's too much of a threat to not get him the ball. Even if we get it on tape for the rest of the season, we can fake off it. Teams have to respect him getting the ball in space.

Advertisement
I remember some skinny tall Frosh in 2000 who looked pretty average in the garbage time he was playing.
Andre something or another.

My cuz from Miami was talking to me in the summer of 2001....told me to watch out for Dre.... I was like is he all that? He couldn't get no burn behind Andre King and Darryl Jones. I knew he had size, but I didn't expect a year from him like that in 2001. Always wished he played with moss and Wayne that year in 2000

Little known fact - when Andre was redshirting, he played the role of mike Vick on the scout team, getting our defense ready for him (99)

Doesn't have great vision KO returns

Yeah neg away, but it's true. Not writing the kid off or saying he won't get better, but right now he isn't seeing where to go. Reminds me of PD on punt returns...crazy speed but doesn't seem to have the vision. Hopefully he'll get it, but he doesn't have it right now.

If nothing else it would be nice to see him used in motion as a speed decoy to try and open up some running lanes for Walton and Homer.

Advertisement
He's young man, give him time. Given the wideout depth and strong running game thua far I'd be surprised to see him make much of an impact this year.

Advertisement
Back