Jeff Thomas

Just a hunch, but I think we see the playbook open up way more now that ACC games are about to start. I imagine coaches were confident that they could get by the non-conference games with vanilla play calling and schemes to avoid giving any ACC opponents a hand up on film going into games. Looking forward to seeing if that's the case starting this Friday.

Advertisement
Anyone else think he ran the wrong route on the pick?

No. Malek said that he just missed him on that play. I'd expect our passing game to open up in a BIG way when Richards returns. I am surprised we haven't given the kid a reverse or speed sweep of some sort.

Our offense doesn't really have speed sweep in it.. that would mean pre snap motion.. we don't really do that type of stuff

Advertisement
Watched the game again last night. Malik, I THINK, was throwing to Berrios, not Jeff on that play. it was a severe underthrow.

I think Malik's comment were to the fact he should have went to Jeff who was in the area and more open then Berrios was.....

Anyone else think he ran the wrong route on the pick?

No. Malek said that he just missed him on that play. I'd expect our passing game to open up in a BIG way when Richards returns. I am surprised we haven't given the kid a reverse or speed sweep of some sort.

Our offense doesn't really use motion, which it should. Adding a jet/speed sweep and then utilizing play action off of that would be a welcome wrinkle to our offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Running motions with freshmen wrs and a QB with 3 games xp is recipe for false starts.

This kid is a true freshman and he will get his chance, to many ppl expect to much out of these kids.. He will break out, Miami has other players stepping up so JT isn't a big factor.. I think once we get into the conference games we will see players like JT get more involved in the offense, I just don't think right now CMR wants to show too much, once conference gets started we have to have a few hidden weapons that teams don't know about!! And I think mid-season is when we will start seeing players like JT get more touches in the open field..

I see him open all the time.....would like to see some plays designed for him with some perimeter blocking. His bubble screen plays had zero blocking causing him to get blasted...also, let him get some burn outside....his return skills are there he just needs to be more patient finding a seam....once the game slows down for him its going to be over!

Advertisement
His kick returns have definitely been sub-par, to say the least.

Miami as a team has been very sub-par on STs. We should be killing folks on kickoffs and we don't, punter has been average and we haven't had a good KO or punt return yet, very disappointing

He's running tentative on KRs. Route wise he's been open a few times but overlooked. Matter of time.

Just a hunch, but I think we see the playbook open up way more now that ACC games are about to start. I imagine coaches were confident that they could get by the non-conference games with vanilla play calling and schemes to avoid giving any ACC opponents a hand up on film going into games. Looking forward to seeing if that's the case starting this Friday.

Haha...YES!! I have been waiting on the "open up the playbook" mantra!

Advertisement
Don't understand why haven't created plays to get the ball in his hands. Like sweeps in motion and screens

Maybe Pastor Richt has drawn up those plays for Jeff Thomas, but is not going to call them from the playbook until the FSU game.

Just a thought....

Don't understand why haven't created plays to get the ball in his hands. Like sweeps in motion and screens

Maybe Pastor Richt has drawn up those plays for Jeff Thomas, but is not going to call them from the playbook until the FSU game.

Just a thought....

Tired of hearing Richt will open the playbook later on. What you see is what we get not sure there's anything special he's leaving out of the offense when calling plays. Really hate that we don't use motion to try to find out what the defense maybe doing and to keep them on their toes

Advertisement
I spent a lot of time just watching him last game. He has shook almost all his defenders. Malik really needs to work through progressions. I noticed he would go straight to one guy and stay with him. When JT and Harley are lined up together that should be the side he comes back to because more likely than not one of them is wide open.

Advertisement
Back