Jeff Thomas tweet

Advertisement
Wasn't long ago that people were hoping Berrios would transfer. Early on he also struggled with consistency too, making some crazy catches but dropping easy ones. Made me think of outfielders who dive for balls unnecessarily- looks good on sportscenter, but if they got a better jump on ball it's a routine catch. Very happy to see that Berrios got it sorted out and is also being used at his natural position.

Hester was a once in a lifetime talent. Guy ran a kickoff return for a TD his first play as a true freshman. Remember though that other than returns, where he was spectacular, he never found a position to fit his talents. Thomas I hope will find his nitch as a slot wr with the ability to take one to the house at any point. He has studs in front of him producing atm so his reps are limited. Let’s be patient.

I was at the Duke game last night. dude looked really dejected. He would sit on the bench with his helmet on with his head down all the time. Sometimes he was by himself and sometimes he was with Harley. Didn’t talk a lot. He has elite speed but he looked slow on the returns vs duke. This is my opinion based on being there in person. He has elite cuts but for some reason couldn’t make them on returns which was really strange. Why we dont do some jet sweeps or quick throws to the edge is beyond me. In person, he looks very tiny to our players and the Duke players.

Advertisement
I was at the Duke game last night. dude looked really dejected. He would sit on the bench with his helmet on with his head down all the time. Sometimes he was by himself and sometimes he was with Harley. Didn’t talk a lot. He has elite speed but he looked slow on the returns vs duke. This is my opinion based on being there in person. He has elite cuts but for some reason couldn’t make them on returns which was really strange. Why we dont do some jet sweeps or quick throws to the edge is beyond me. In person, he looks very tiny to our players and the Duke players.

I was there too saw it as well....I think he would do better at punt return than kickoff DJ looked good on his one return. even tho richt didn't call plays at UGA they got Isaiah McKenzie involved should do the same with JT

I guess we’ll see how he deals with it. Some people quit and some fight through. Would love to see this kid battle through this, he has all the talent in the world, but it certainly won’t be as easy as it was in HS.

Hester was a once in a lifetime talent. Guy ran a kickoff return for a TD his first play as a true freshman. Remember though that other than returns, where he was spectacular, he never found a position to fit his talents. Thomas I hope will find his nitch as a slot wr with the ability to take one to the house at any point. He has studs in front of him producing atm so his reps are limited. Let’s be patient.
Hester's first return went for about 25 yards, his second around 50 then his third went for a touchdown against the gators. Then the rest of the year he was pretty unspectacular. People seem to think Hester was all world his freshman year but he wasn't. Aside from the opening kickoff against the gators he didn't do much at all. Give Thomas time he is used to being the fastest dude in the field by far and now there are guys everywhere that can hang with him. He'll adjust, **** he's been open just hasn't been targeted much yet

He could just be stuck in a bathroom stall and just realized that there wasn't any toilet paper. That's adversity.

Advertisement

He looks slow because he's trying to figure out where to go before turning on the jets. I hope he's got the fortitude to not get all bummed out over not putting up numbers right away. The world is full of talented people who gave up because they didn't succeed immediately.

Why do you guys think that Harley is ahead of Thomas right now?

I have my theories but I was wondering what you guys think.

Advertisement
Why do you guys think that Harley is ahead of Thomas right now?

I have my theories but I was wondering what you guys think.

IIRC, Harley was showing up to campus with Bandy to work out and observe practice. They would revive more visual reps of the actual plays (where he could have questions answered by the staff/players, after/during practice).

Better position coaching at the hs level, which resulted in him being more ready to play than Thomas. I'm referring to the collective coaching that's easily available to the top local hs kids: his hs, 7v7, and training facilities. Especially those training facilities that have a mix of athletes from hs-NFL. I used to work out at one, where I would see some of the hs and college kids go against each other in 1v1s. Every now and then, some of the pros would jump in.

The offense hasn't been running too many plays where it would be easy to just get him the ball. Zero jet/rocket sweeps, no RPO quick hitches from the slot, zero tunnel screens. We've thrown him one bubble screen, which was detected early by the defender. I'd like to see him and Harley/Richards on a shallow cross. Gets him an easy catch with room to run while already in stride.

Go back to the Bethune game and watch Thomas when Miami's in the redzone. He's running whip routes, slants/quick outs and he was making defenders trip off the first cut. He didn't get the ball because rosier was locked on to his target, likely from the pre-snap. Which was fine, since it resulted in a td to both langham and cager.

Last edited:
Oh lord ,I see we're back breaking down teenagers tweets again. Weirdos
Two words to boot.

Story of his negative body language on the bench certainly isn't good tho.

Don't know why he doesn't run at more of an angle on kickoffs. Seems like he either has no vision or just likes running straight into kickoff coverage. He needs to set up a cut IMO. It has been bazaar watching him run straight into walls.

Cheeseburger, Lineage 14.1

Advertisement
Oh lord ,I see we're back breaking down teenagers tweets again. Weirdos
Two words to boot.

Story of his negative body language on the bench certainly isn't good tho.

Don't know why he doesn't run at more of an angle on kickoffs. Seems like he either has no vision or just likes running straight into kickoff coverage. He needs to set up a cut IMO. It has been bazaar watching him run straight into walls.

Cheeseburger, Lineage 14.1

Don't know how much longer Richt will stay with him back there. We are losing field position constantly. Would rather Berrios be the main guy for FSU and give Thomas more time to learn the role. Thomas definitely has a higher ceiling, but Berrios deserves the job right now

i am confused why we dont throw screens to Thomas and Harley but instead to cager and herndon . Give them some end a rounds or something

I've been saying all along Richt needs to hire an OC who can take advantage of the resources we have. Richt's conservative nature and unimaginative offense does not take advantage of the kids we have available. This does frustrate kids because it frustrates many of us. Ricks offense does not utilize the TE, lacks motion and does not utilize a full complement of wide receivers. I saw Clemson use more motion on one play than we use during a whole game.

i am confused why we dont throw screens to Thomas and Harley but instead to cager and herndon . Give them some end a rounds or something

I've been saying all along Richt needs to hire an OC who can take advantage of the resources we have. Richt's conservative nature and unimaginative offense does not take advantage of the kids we have available. This does frustrate kids because it frustrates many of us. Ricks offense does not utilize the TE, lacks motion and does not utilize a full complement of wide receivers. I saw Clemson use more motion on one play than we use during a whole game.
We're looking better than we've looked in over a decade. Be grateful lol
Thanks again Georgia for your coach!

And this is why I hate living in the social media age. People are going to analyze and pick apart every little thing someone says.

Advertisement
Back