Jeff Thomas sticking with Illinois. NOT!

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Advertisement
I read somewhere that the team didn't want him back. Like maybe there was a vote? If so, I can understand it.

Advertisement
Per the herald it was said that he complained a lot and was a me guy. They say manny is trying to not have those selfish players on the team

Advertisement
Doesn't surprise me if the team voted no. I also didn't like how it was covered by the local media as if he chose Illinois over us. Yea Fing right. He cried to get back and they ended up saying no. It was an opportunity only the school/team could have given him, not the other way around like it was his sole decision.

If I were Manny, I would have said you can RS here and prove yourself because you will have to sit next year anyway. Then after we see that you have grown up and taken care of business you have a clean slate for 2020.

Doesn't surprise me if the team voted no. I also didn't like how it was covered by the local media as if he chose Illinois over us. Yea Fing right. He cried to get back and they ended up saying no. It was an opportunity only the school/team could have given him, not the other way around like it was his sole decision.

If I were Manny, I would have said you can RS here and prove yourself because you will have to sit next year anyway. Then after we see that you have grown up and taken care of business you have a clean slate for 2020.
Thinking through that makes sense.......pay a price for your actions, and after redshirting, prove to everyone you were serious for your senior year.......Gee Willis did it and it worked, so accept or move on.......he moved.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back