Jeff Thomas sticking with Illinois. NOT!

Advertisement
Heard the news about JT to Illinois SMH . Until he enrolls there I won't believe it.

Because under a new regime offered hyim new and better opportunities, than IMO he would have at Illinois

Sitting out a year when you don't have to is a dumb move....but it's NOT my decision to make.

Hopefully, Miami expressed an interest to welcome him back unconditionally. Anything short of that would have been counterproductive and unnecessarily punitive.

IF that was indeed the case, and he still just wanted to return closer to home well all I can do is wish the kid well

This is why Ive said on here I will give him till 2019 NSD to get a better look, am I confident we as a University can close on elite sfla recruits? NO..................I will believe it when I see it

Its just people get mad cause they want sunshine pumped up there azzes on here (not saying you just in general) and Im not doing that. This school has made bad hire after bad hire I have a right to question if this staff can get it done or not.

People keep getting at me if I say something negative but as soon as I say something good (which I have) its ok. Im not trolling Im just telling it how it is cause Ive seen 3 staffs do it and I will compare those 3 and I remember how there 1st years were and the warning signs were there.

Are you from Missouri?[/QUOTE]
no lol

For those that care from Illinois:

So an Illinois source reached out to me tonight. Said Jeff Thomas is on his way to campus and said “the right things” to Bob Asmussen, but they’re not counting their chickens here. I was told he still has a class that must get a final grade from Miami for him to get enrollment at Illinois. I’m told that should get done, but Miami was telling Jeff it wouldn’t get approved and that he might not get a waiver at Illinois — so Jeff looked into the option of returning to Miami. With a new offensive staff in place and the players in place, Manny Diaz has been open to the idea of him coming back if he pays a penance for deserting his team. I’m not sure if Diaz said no or if Jeff just decided to follow through with illinois.
Again, Thomas (I’m told) is on his way to campus, but these last few days haven’t sat well with Illinois. To be honest, it shouldn’t surprise them. Jeff is a great talent but a complete wildcard personally. He had a rough upbringing that caused this, but he’s also gotten away with a lot because of his talent. He wasn’t reliable at Miami in showing up to his obligations (workouts, etc.). But Illinois determined — and I agree — that the risk is worth the reward for them. I don’t think it is for programs like Missouri or even Miami in Year One under a new coach. But assuming Thomas enrolls, he’ll need a lot of direction from the staff. He really doesn’t have anyone who can help guide him through these decisions, so he can be really flaky and immature.
Again, sounds like Jeff should be here shortly, if he’s not already. But nothing ever seems certain with him. We’re supposed to hear when Jeff enrolls.

Advertisement
For those that care from Illinois:

So an Illinois source reached out to me tonight. Said Jeff Thomas is on his way to campus and said “the right things” to Bob Asmussen, but they’re not counting their chickens here. I was told he still has a class that must get a final grade from Miami for him to get enrollment at Illinois. I’m told that should get done, but Miami was telling Jeff it wouldn’t get approved and that he might not get a waiver at Illinois — so Jeff looked into the option of returning to Miami. With a new offensive staff in place and the players in place, Manny Diaz has been open to the idea of him coming back if he pays a penance for deserting his team. I’m not sure if Diaz said no or if Jeff just decided to follow through with illinois.
Again, Thomas (I’m told) is on his way to campus, but these last few days haven’t sat well with Illinois. To be honest, it shouldn’t surprise them. Jeff is a great talent but a complete wildcard personally. He had a rough upbringing that caused this, but he’s also gotten away with a lot because of his talent. He wasn’t reliable at Miami in showing up to his obligations (workouts, etc.). But Illinois determined — and I agree — that the risk is worth the reward for them. I don’t think it is for programs like Missouri or even Miami in Year One under a new coach. But assuming Thomas enrolls, he’ll need a lot of direction from the staff. He really doesn’t have anyone who can help guide him through these decisions, so he can be really flaky and immature.
Again, sounds like Jeff should be here shortly, if he’s not already. But nothing ever seems certain with him. We’re supposed to hear when Jeff enrolls.
Honestly, the best thing for Jeff's life/career would have been to participate next year at Miami then go to the NFL. My guess is we never hear from him again but I hope I'm wrong.

Everybody thinks the risk is worth the reward until the guy is in his driveway doing sit-ups while conducting a media session

Everybody thinks the risk is worth the reward until the guy is in his driveway doing sit-ups while conducting a media session

For the lost ones.

1547562767473.png

Advertisement
If JT4 had Manny's approval to comeback on the team and yet went to Illinois that's just dumb. He could have balled out here for a year with Enos' offense and Tate/Hurts as QB then made huge bucks in the NFL.

The only way this makes sense is if Manny said no.

if part of the reason jeff quit is bc he didnt like early morning work outs, then wtf lol.
Heard the news about JT to Illinois SMH . Until he enrolls there I won't believe it.

Because under a new regime offered hyim new and better opportunities, than IMO he would have at Illinois

Sitting out a year when you don't have to is a dumb move....but it's NOT my decision to make.

Hopefully, Miami expressed an interest to welcome him back unconditionally. Anything short of that would have been counterproductive and unnecessarily punitive.

IF that was indeed the case, and he still just wanted to return closer to home well all I can do is wish the kid well

unnecessarily punitive? he quit on his teammates, defied coaches, missed meetings, had issue w workouts in the morning. there were conditions on his return and he wasn't down with it. if you're trying to instill discipline and respect, bringing a quitter back and showing preference to him, isn't a way to do it

Advertisement
I believe our team will be better without him. Jk just too much negative energy around him. Wish him luck

Advertisement

Unconditionally?!? WTF uhhh, no.

if part of the reason jeff quit is bc he didnt like early morning work outs, then wtf lol.

unnecessarily punitive? he quit on his teammates, defied coaches, missed meetings, had issue w workouts in the morning. there were conditions on his return and he wasn't down with it. if you're trying to instill discipline and respect, bringing a quitter back and showing preference to him, isn't a way to do it

Yes unnecessarily punitive!

You either wanted him back or you didn't. If you didn't .. you play moronic games. If you do as the new coach you offer a clean slate.

Any smart coach knows playing games or having someone jump through hoops never cuts it with someone with skills and options. So I seriously doubt that Manny stupidly tried to punish JT4 as a condition of his return

All realiable sources point to proximity to family being his greatest consideration. That being the case, we must accept his choice and reality.....and you must accept the fact and reality of the world that in any sport where winning is paramount...the rules will never be applied the same for you versus someone else who has special skills or who can make special contributions no matter how much it may chafe us civilians.

I wish he came back. He chose not to. .....so I move on and wish him well

Is this an attempt to be funny?
Not really. Not even trying to be political, just thought, hmmm, who else is a closed minded moron that would never allow reason and common sense to change their position, and she popped in my head. Congrats, you are forever linked in my mind.

Not really. Not even trying to be political, just thought, hmmm, who else is a closed minded moron that would never allow reason and common sense to change their position, and she popped in my head. Congrats, you are forever linked in my mind.
You must be bored...

Advertisement
Back