Jeff Thomas sticking with Illinois. NOT!

it’s a stretch to say that manny can’t close because he couldn’t get a kid with red flags to re-join a team he quit. JT is lucky manny wanted him back to begin with.

JT is choosing to move closer to home and not play football for an entire year to either A. Declare for the draft with no tape in the last 12 months or B. Play for fugging Illinois instead of Dan Enos and Miami in his final showcase for the draft.

If Diaz isn’t closing South Florida recruiting in his first year then yes by all means go after him but to say there are red flags with Diaz cause he couldn’t get this kid to re join is a stretch. Idk how many coaches would have even considered letting JT rejoin the team let alone give him the go ahead

Advertisement
[QUOTE="Rd745, post: 3812871, member: 5140"]it’s a stretch to say that manny can’t close because he couldn’t get a kid with red flags to re-join a team he quit. JT is lucky manny wanted him back to begin with.

JT is choosing to move closer to home and not play football for an entire year to either A. Declare for the draft with no tape in the last 12 months or B. Play for fugging Illinois instead of Dan Enos and Miami in his final showcase for the draft.

If Diaz isn’t closing South Florida recruiting in his first year then yes by all means go after him but to say there are red flags with Diaz cause he couldn’t get this kid to re join is a stretch. Idk how many coaches would have even considered letting JT rejoin the team let alone give him the go ahead[/QUOTE]

This is why Ive said on here I will give him till 2019 NSD to get a better look, am I confident we as a University can close on elite sfla recruits? NO..................I will believe it when I see it

Its just people get mad cause they want sunshine pumped up there azzes on here (not saying you just in general) and Im not doing that. This school has made bad hire after bad hire I have a right to question if this staff can get it done or not.

People keep getting at me if I say something negative but as soon as I say something good (which I have) its ok. Im not trolling Im just telling it how it is cause Ive seen 3 staffs do it and I will compare those 3 and I remember how there 1st years were and the warning signs were there.

In no way is this an indictment of Jefe (re: JT not coming). This guy burned his bridges not once, but twice (in HS and here), with his teammates. An elite talent indeed, but no ONE player is bigger than the team, I don't care all blue your chips are.

Advertisement
In no way is this an indictment of Jefe (re: JT not coming). This guy burned his bridges not once, but twice (in HS and here), with his teammates. An elite talent indeed, but no ONE player is bigger than the team, I don't care all blue your chips are.
See why cant people be like u and write this and I can respectfully agree to disagree.............its all good talk for me. The Jalen Hurts things is a big deal for me though. All 3 schools (OU UM UMD) have recruited him at the exact same time, if we pull him its a good sign. This is pretty much a first crucial recruiting battle.

See why cant people be like u and write this and I can respectfully agree to disagree.............its all good talk for me. The Jalen Hurts things is a big deal for me though. All 3 schools (OU UM UMD) have recruited him at the exact same time, if we pull him its a good sign. This is pretty much a first crucial recruiting battle.

I won't disagree with this at all. It would be a huge pull for Jefe/Enos to bring in Hurts. Lots of momentum to be gained with that success.

I won't disagree with this at all. It would be a huge pull for Jefe/Enos to bring in Hurts. Lots of momentum to be gained with that success.
Its a great fuqin move if we beat out OU for him, real big if we land him real big. People dont realize how big this one guy is based off its pretty much recruiting again vs OU and UMD who Mark lost McFarland too.

Advertisement
Teammates and coaches said Thomas reached out to the team. Then Thomas pretended like he didn't. I was wrong about Thomas just needing some guidance. The kid turned out to be a head case. He's basically a less talented, mini Chris Henry. Keep that kid away from pickup trucks.

Its a great fuqin move if we beat out OU for him, real big if we land him real big. People dont realize how big this one guy is based off its pretty much recruiting again vs OU and UMD who Mark lost McFarland too.

This is a much better indication of Diaz closing ability. He sold Enos on his vision (money talks too but if Enos wants to be a HC he could have viewed Diaz as a risk), now he has to sell Hurrs and / or Martell.

Advertisement
This is a much better indication of Diaz closing ability. He sold Enos on his vision (money talks too but if Enos wants to be a HC he could have viewed Diaz as a risk), now he has to sell Hurrs and / or Martell.
He still getting paid though maybe he wanted to live here who knows, maybe he will get more credit here then bama and its a quicker route to a HC gig. ALso what Im mostly looking at is Jalen Hurts, Diaz really wants him and has the full court press on vs OU and UMD who had the same amount of time to recruit him. So we will see this closing ability to me getting Jalen is more significant from a closing perspective then landing a OC who will have more of an impact then the player most likely.

it’s a stretch to say that manny can’t close because he couldn’t get a kid with red flags to re-join a team he quit. JT is lucky manny wanted him back to begin with.

If Diaz isn’t closing South Florida recruiting in his first year then yes by all means go after him but to say there are red flags with Diaz cause he couldn’t get this kid to re join is a stretch. Idk how many coaches would have even considered letting JT rejoin the team let alone give him the go ahead

I'm not a Diaz guy but you're right. I def wouldn't blame JT on Manny.

Advertisement
He still getting paid though maybe he wanted to live here who knows, maybe he will get more credit here then bama and its a quicker route to a HC gig. ALso what Im mostly looking at is Jalen Hurts, Diaz really wants him and has the full court press on vs OU and UMD who had the same amount of time to recruit him. So we will see this closing ability to me getting Jalen is more significant from a closing perspective then landing a OC who will have more of an impact then the player most likely.
OU was just in back to back playoffs with back to back heisman winners and MD hired the bama oc so its a toss up at best.

[QUOTE="Rd745, post: 3812871, member: 5140"]it’s a stretch to say that manny can’t close because he couldn’t get a kid with red flags to re-join a team he quit. JT is lucky manny wanted him back to begin with.

This is why Ive said on here I will give him till 2019 NSD to get a better look, am I confident we as a University can close on elite sfla recruits? NO..................I will believe it when I see it

Its just people get mad cause they want sunshine pumped up there azzes on here (not saying you just in general) and Im not doing that. This school has made bad hire after bad hire I have a right to question if this staff can get it done or not.

People keep getting at me if I say something negative but as soon as I say something good (which I have) its ok. Im not trolling Im just telling it how it is cause Ive seen 3 staffs do it and I will compare those 3 and I remember how there 1st years were and the warning signs were there.[/QUOTE]

Are you from Missouri?

Advertisement
Back