Jeff Thomas sticking with Illinois. NOT!

Advertisement
Illinois offense averaged a 165.7 yards passing per game... have fun JT4! It sucks he quit on our team. If he would have been patient and kept grinding, it would have all worked out! Good luck to him!

ShrillVacantAmoeba-max-1mb.gif

How I imagine some people are taking the news lol. Time for Pope to step it up! JT would have been nice to have back, but if he didn't want to own his actions, that's on him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Would not surprise me if he just enters the draft next year and never suits up for Illinois.

You either believe in your guiding principles or you don’t. If you’re a new coach and trying to create a culture of excellence, passion, perseverance, and resilience, then you have to be all in. This isn’t only about JT4. This is a sign to everyone that nobody gets a pass.

There’s always attrition in these scenarios, and sometimes painful attrition of great athletes, great players, who just don’t fit the culture. That’s okay. In the long run, you have to build a program in your image. It’s buy in time right now at the U. Buy in or gtfo.

Advertisement
As it should be: the "New Miami" doesn't need a bad taste from the past. He got his "chance" there, close to home, hope he uses it wisely and is successful.

Wanted him back for sure - no other way to slice it.

With that said, I’m not upset on this one like I will be with Hurts or Tate.

Those are the 2 big battles.

I’m speaking to the ppl making excuse for him being a quitter. Justifying his chit and acting like it was cool.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back