Jeff Thomas sticking with Illinois. NOT!

Advertisement
1F5644E1-58EE-4392-961E-8ABFB4D5C6F0.gif

Advertisement
Folks, Jeff wanted to be here. This was Manny’s choice and he said no to a person who quit on the team last year while going on profanity-laced rants at the coaching staff. If we wanted Jeff, I promise you we could’ve gotten him.

Weirdly enough, I'm with you on this. I think there were behind the scenes talks and Manny said no. Let JT save face and write the narrative that it was his decision. Not too different as when Mark dismissed him the 1st time; be diplomatic about it and let the kid save some kind of face.

Folks, Jeff wanted to be here. This was Manny’s choice and he said no to a person who quit on the team last year while going on profanity-laced rants at the coaching staff. If we wanted Jeff, I promise you we could’ve gotten him.

Makes logical sense considering he wouldnt have to sit out, but i just dont see Manny turning him down.

Makes logical sense considering he wouldnt have to sit out, but i just dont see Manny turning him down.

stock said manny was only bringing him back as a show of good faith to the team. there would be a punishment for coming back tho (manny outlined such in the barry jackson article about team disciplining team) along with a possible suspension.

Advertisement
If JT4 had Manny's approval to comeback on the team and yet went to Illinois that's just dumb. He could have balled out here for a year with Enos' offense and Tate/Hurts as QB then made huge bucks in the NFL.

The only way this makes sense is if Manny said no.

Advertisement
If JT4 had Manny's approval to comeback on the team and yet went to Illinois that's just dumb. He could have balled out here for a year with Enos' offense and Tate/Hurts as QB then made huge bucks in the NFL.

The only way this makes sense is if Manny said no.

He's got a kid back home apparently. It was reported that Diaz said yes by several reporters as well as DMoney.

Did the NCAA just give up already? How in the world we be a get a waiver to play next year for just quitting?

Advertisement
Cue the meltdown

Kid quit on his team

Give me pope and KJ Osborn over him

Manny Said sorry better luck next time

I'm sure the usual suspects will manufacture their threads concocting stories from their "Insiders" about JT walking back to Coral Gables, with hat in hand, and Manny waving him off...ignoring him....wait for it...it's coming.

Advertisement
Back