Jeff Thomas sticking with Illinois. NOT!

Meh he can enroll at Illinois while waiting on a decision from Diaz so he doesn’t get too far behind in the class room. If anything changes all he has to do is drop out and enroll at Miami by the 23rd or whatever. Enrolling in school isn’t binding

False. Actually accepting financial aid from the school by attending a class is binding.

Advertisement
All the “He quit on his team!!!” sobbing drama queens need to quit watching corny white boy football movies on constant loop. Jon Voight and Dawson Creek ain’t walking in here any time soon.

You have no idea why he left or got kicked off the team. If he had beef with Dugans guess who else did? Manny. Manny fired that old school favorite playing **** before the ink dried on his contract.

Thomas was frustrated and didn’t have the Norman Rockwell family to hand him a juice box and a Worther’s Original and tell him the importance of not arguing with clueless dolt coaches who have no clue how to manage different personalities.

These dumb fcks were completely clueless. Grandpa was in the office sitting in what he thought was warm chocolate pudding trying to remember his favorite motivational psalm. His right hand man thought he was an oncologist with a 9th grade education. One of his 4 OCs was picking fights with his best player while playing shiftless upperclassmen and a freshman WR with a flipper for a right “hand” and a rotten plums for a left “hand.”

Clean slate. Get that young man back here.
This is 100...

Advertisement
Advertisement
False. Actually accepting financial aid from the school by attending a class is binding.

You have so long to drop before it’s official. Usually a week after the final day to enroll

Is a scholarship a binding contract between a student-athlete and a school?
No. The scholarship is an agreement between the school and the student-athlete with expectations on both sides, but the agreement is completely separate from transfer regulations. A student-athlete may choose to transfer at any time. With multi-year scholarships now available for Division I schools, those colleges and universities have the option to offer athletics financial aid for more than one year. Such an agreement requires the school to provide financial aid to the student-athlete in accordance with the terms and conditions of the agreement. However, the agreement does not bind the student-athlete to the institution any more than the current transfer rules – he or she may transfer during the term of the award.
If a student-athlete signs a National Letter of Intent, he or she cannot transfer during the initial year of competition without penalty.

All depends on the LOI. I’ve worked on these situations at a D1 school on both sides... incoming and leaving.

You have so long to drop before it’s official. Usually a week after the final day to enroll

Is a scholarship a binding contract between a student-athlete and a school?
No. The scholarship is an agreement between the school and the student-athlete with expectations on both sides, but the agreement is completely separate from transfer regulations. A student-athlete may choose to transfer at any time. With multi-year scholarships now available for Division I schools, those colleges and universities have the option to offer athletics financial aid for more than one year. Such an agreement requires the school to provide financial aid to the student-athlete in accordance with the terms and conditions of the agreement. However, the agreement does not bind the student-athlete to the institution any more than the current transfer rules – he or she may transfer during the term of the award.
If a student-athlete signs a National Letter of Intent, he or she cannot transfer during the initial year of competition without penalty.

All depends on the LOI. I’ve worked on these situations at a D1 school on both sides... incoming and leaving.

I agree that he can transfer whenever he wants, but I still believe that once he attends class, he cannot transfer without penalty, and this paragraph doesn't dispute that.

I agree that he can transfer whenever he wants, but I still believe that once he attends class, he cannot transfer without penalty, and this paragraph doesn't dispute that.

It doesn’t bind the student. I’ve had kids enroll at other schools, we typically started a week later than most schools, they went a few days and decided they didn’t like it and enrolled at our school the following week

Again.... this tells you what you’re disputing...
However, the agreement does not bind the student-athlete to the institution any more than the current transfer rules – he or she may transfer during the term of the award.

All the “He quit on his team!!!” sobbing drama queens need to quit watching corny white boy football movies on constant loop. Jon Voight and Dawson Creek ain’t walking in here any time soon.

You have no idea why he left or got kicked off the team. If he had beef with Dugans guess who else did? Manny. Manny fired that old school favorite playing **** before the ink dried on his contract.

Thomas was frustrated and didn’t have the Norman Rockwell family to hand him a juice box and a Worther’s Original and tell him the importance of not arguing with clueless dolt coaches who have no clue how to manage different personalities.

These dumb fcks were completely clueless. Grandpa was in the office sitting in what he thought was warm chocolate pudding trying to remember his favorite motivational psalm. His right hand man thought he was an oncologist with a 9th grade education. One of his 4 OCs was picking fights with his best player while playing shiftless upperclassmen and a freshman WR with a flipper for a right “hand” and a rotten plums for a left “hand.”

Clean slate. Get that young man back here.

Nas had 'Ether', Franchise has this post, right here

I give this post 4 Mics...

Advertisement
Even if this is the case he can go 1 semester and then enroll in Miami in the summer which makes sense for me if he was home sick. Then he’d only spend the summer and fall semester at Miami and barely have to worry about academic eligibility in the fall before entering the draft and it would be an afterthought at that point.

All hinges on whether he signed the LOI.. and if he did.. this would have been shot down long ago.

It doesn’t bind the student. I’ve had kids enroll at other schools, we typically started a week later than most schools, they went a few days and decided they didn’t like it and enrolled at our school the following week

Again.... this tells you what you’re disputing...
However, the agreement does not bind the student-athlete to the institution any more than the current transfer rules – he or she may transfer during the term of the award.

I think the key phrase you are missing is that bolded part. The student-athlete is still bound by the current transfer rules, which require you to sit out if you've accepted financial aid from an institution.

I could be wrong, but there is nothing in what you link that indicates he could enroll then, transfer free and clear after that.

Many EE's don't sign NLI's, but once they attend class, they are bound by the transfer rules.

I think the key phrase you are missing is that bolded part. The student-athlete is still bound by the current transfer rules, which require you to sit out if you've accepted financial aid from an institution.

I could be wrong, but there is nothing in what you link that indicates he could enroll then, transfer free and clear after that.

Many EE's don't sign NLI's, but once they attend class, they are bound by the

I believe Brandon Powell enrolled at Miami a few years ago and then left for UF after that first week

Advertisement
Even if this is the case he can go 1 semester and then enroll in Miami in the summer which makes sense for me if he was home sick. Then he’d only spend the summer and fall semester at Miami and barely have to worry about academic eligibility in the fall before entering the draft and it would be an afterthought at that point.

All hinges on whether he signed the LOI.. and if he did.. this would have been shot down long ago.

I don't believe this is correct. Transfer rules still apply regardless.

Advertisement
Back