Jeff Thomas sticking with Illinois. NOT!

Advertisement
He has a daughter at home which is also a big factor

Yeah but we needs to be in Miami less than a year and then go pro and get paid. With Illinois it will be a 2 year process.

Being a dad I probably would have never left so not sure how much that will play

meanwhile barry jackson is still posting the article from this morning that says we are in talks with him about returning.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Meh he can enroll at Illinois while waiting on a decision from Diaz so he doesn’t get too far behind in the class room. If anything changes all he has to do is drop out and enroll at Miami by the 23rd or whatever. Enrolling in school isn’t binding

I’m about to leave Champaign-Urban right now. If I see JT I’ll ask him to hop in the car and then drive to the Blue Ridge Mountains.

If he comes back don’t suspend him for the opener. Suspend him for the game after which will be a cupcake opponent. Let him feast on this Florida d.

Advertisement
If he comes back don’t suspend him for the opener. Suspend him for the game after which will be a cupcake opponent. Let him feast on this Florida d.

I’m with this.

I honestly would take him back for the Florida game and after that he can fūck off.

But you know what I haven’t seen, anything from him, or his camp, that he himself has shown any interest in coming back.

There’s a lot of smoke, I still think most of it, if not all of it, has been self generated by us. But we shall see. I hope he comes back because we need the weapon next year, at least for Florida anyway

So what exactly is his deal? Is it really family-related issues like being close to his child? Is he a drama queen? Does he quit when he doesn't get his way? Did he just butt heads with Dugans? What's the reason nobody thinks he'll even finish his career somewhere?

He is too talented to not be on the field somewhere.

He quit on his high school team then went begging back.
From some insiders here he tried to quit the first year here. You know, the year we made it to #2 overall and were having an amazing year.
Then he quit on the team last year.

Some people just want to hate on the old staff and thing this guy is going to come back here and be all sunshine and rainbows. He seems to be the only one quitting each of those years.

Should also note that if he quit because of coaches and play calling, then why not go to a better team? As a bucs fan I can't help but laugh at the people trying to throw shade at the former staff through this but then him going to Lovie Smith and his family running that place. Smith has been retired for a long time.

Advertisement
All the “He quit on his team!!!” sobbing drama queens need to quit watching corny white boy football movies on constant loop. Jon Voight and Dawson Creek ain’t walking in here any time soon.

You have no idea why he left or got kicked off the team. If he had beef with Dugans guess who else did? Manny. Manny fired that old school favorite playing **** before the ink dried on his contract.

Thomas was frustrated and didn’t have the Norman Rockwell family to hand him a juice box and a Worther’s Original and tell him the importance of not arguing with clueless dolt coaches who have no clue how to manage different personalities.

These dumb fcks were completely clueless. Grandpa was in the office sitting in what he thought was warm chocolate pudding trying to remember his favorite motivational psalm. His right hand man thought he was an oncologist with a 9th grade education. One of his 4 OCs was picking fights with his best player while playing shiftless upperclassmen and a freshman WR with a flipper for a right “hand” and a rotten plums for a left “hand.”

Clean slate. Get that young man back here.

New coach, new staff, clean slate. If he repeats the same behavior then all you can do is say your tried. We aren’t talking some 3rd string drifter we are talking Jeff Thomas. You give him another shot and lay down the rules but you not only bring him back you put your arm around him and give him your support.

Advertisement
New coach, new staff, clean slate. If he repeats the same behavior then all you can do is say your tried. We aren’t talking some 3rd string drifter we are talking Jeff Thomas. You give him another shot and lay down the rules but you not only bring him back you put your arm around him and give him your support.

It sounds as though he has repeated the same behavior since he was in high school.

Advertisement
Back