Jeff Thomas sticking with Illinois. NOT!

Advertisement
The dude quit on his team, period.
He absolutely did.

And he absolutely should be allowed to come back.

Not making any excuses for what JT did (it was a ***** move), but Mark Richt quit on the team when he stopped coming to work every day and putting our guys in position to win talmbout about 30 year old plays. You can't play with these kids futures and careers in such a cavalier way. **** is frustrating for an elite player like JT to be forced to pretend everything's alright with 12 at qb and the opposing defense literally calling out the plays you're about to run before you run them.

Imagine being that talented and having a coaching staff that had no idea what they’re doing. Refusing to change anything. Not getting you the ball when you know you can ball. He was fustrated and he knew the staff wasn’t going to change anything. He didn’t handle it well. But he’s a kid with a tough upbringing and was trying to get to the nfl to have some financial security for once in his life. He made a mistake. God forbid he gets a second chance

Advertisement
Imagine being that talented and having a coaching staff that had no idea what they’re doing. Refusing to change anything. Not getting you the ball when you know you can ball. He was fustrated and he knew the staff wasn’t going to change anything. He didn’t handle it well. But he’s a kid with a tough upbringing and was trying to get to the nfl to have some financial security for once in his life. He made a mistake. God forbid he gets a second chance

Some people can't seem to get this through their thick and close-minded skull.

It’s actually very much like the military.

Fvck outta here with your 1980s mentality dude. Grow up, sack up, realize that their is fault on both sides. Bring back the best player on our team or shove it up your ***. You better not b excited when this kid scores several touchdowns next season in green and orange because he "quit" on his team that is openly welcoming him in.

Just shut up already.

He absolutely did.

Not making any excuses for what JT did (it was a ***** move), but Mark Richt quit on the team when he stopped coming to work every day and putting our guys in position to win talmbout about 30 year old plays. You can't play with these kids futures and careers in such a cavalier way. **** is frustrating for an elite player like JT to be forced to pretend everything's alright with 12 at qb and the opposing defense literally calling out the plays you're about to run before you run them.

Not saying he shouldn’t be allowed back. I’m just saying people should stop making excuses for him.

Every other offensive player was subjected to the same exact play calling, yet everyone else stuck it out. He didn’t even finish the season.

The reason he’s not on this team is 100% his fault. He gained nothing by leaving with two games left.

Everyone needs to stop justifying his actions.

Advertisement
Not saying he shouldn’t be allowed back. I’m just saying people should stop making excuses for him.

Every other offensive player was subjected to the same exact play calling, yet everyone else stuck it out. He didn’t even finish the season.

The reason he’s not on this team is 100% his fault. He gained nothing by leaving with two games left.

The coaches had it out for him, he got in trouble for balling out too hard in the VT game.

The coaches had it out for him, he got in trouble for balling out too hard in the VT game.
WTF?!? He was suspended from starting the VT game for skipping meetings. He then punked out again the following week. I'm all for 2nd chances as well and if Manny thinks it is the best for the program, I support it 100%. But jesus christ man stop with the excuses for the kid!

Advertisement
Fvck outta here with your 1980s mentality dude. Grow up, sack up, realize that their is fault on both sides. Bring back the best player on our team or shove it up your ***. You better not b excited when this kid scores several touchdowns next season in green and orange because he "quit" on his team that is openly welcoming him in.

Just shut up already.

Lmao. I’ve never said he shouldn’t be back on the team. I’m saying stop making excuses for him. Everyone else sucked it up, he acted like a petulant child.

Kind of the way you just did when facing a position that’s different than yours.

He absolutely did.

Not sure Mark Richt quit...Mark Richt decided it was his way or the highway, and then had the character to leave when it turned out Blake had a little sack, not to mention leaving his buyout. Thank God for all of my "hate" e-mails...and your too I'm sure...before and after the Pinstripe debacle.

As to JT, his problem was with Richt and/or Dugans. One player is not above the team, but now with a new offensive staff, no reason for him not to see if he fits in and they are willing to take him back...its what he knows.

UM

Advertisement
Kid made a mistake. It’s like breaking up with your girl and wanting her back after you see her looking good at the club.

Kid is our best offensive weapon and he made a mistake. When you have his talent you can get away with a little more than others and I’m perfectly fine with that.

WTF?!? He was suspended from starting the VT game for skipping meetings. He then punked out again the following week. I'm all for 2nd chances as well and if Manny thinks it is the best for the program, I support it 100%. But jesus christ man stop with the excuses for the kid!

When have I made an excuse? It is a fact that Dugans and Richt were constantly putting him in the dog house knowing **** well he is the only player worth a ****. Coaches punk me, I punk them back. Fvck that 1980s way of thinking.

Don't disagree with ANYTHING you're saying, but one point you're missing is JT was and will be the best player on the team, therefore, as Bill Parcells and Jimmy Johnson will tell you, he gets a lot more leeway. You think Lawerence Taylor gets away with what he gets away with if he wasn't Lawerence Taylor? You don't let a talent like JT walk out the door and you certainly don't turn him away. Make him apologize to the squad and keep that **** moving.

Advertisement
Back