Jeff Thomas sticking with Illinois. NOT!

Advertisement
Ricky also said we got Stevenson.

While I get the point you are trying to make, and I am all for pumping the brakes, I don't think you can compare the two. A recruit who likely changed his mind multiple times, and a former player who seemingly just needs the okay from a new head coach seem different. Also at one point the golden goose wiltfong CB'd stevenson to us lots of people were 1. wrong, or 2. TS did say he was coming and was coming and ultimately changed his mind.

While I get the point you are trying to make, and I am all for pumping the brakes, I don't think you can compare the two. A recruit who likely changed his mind multiple times, and a former player who seemingly just needs the okay from a new head coach seem different. Also at one point the golden goose wiltfong CB'd stevenson to us lots of people were 1. wrong, or 2. TS did say he was coming and was coming and ultimately changed his mind.

Yeah but in Stevenson case that was his decision. In this case it’s up to Manny for him to come back, not Jeff’s

Advertisement
Yeah but in Stevenson case that was his decision. In this case it’s up to Manny for him to come back, not Jeff’s

I know, thats my point. Having a source from the U on a U decision seems different that a source from a 18 year old kid making a college decision.

stop. no excuse

It’s not an excuse, it’s having an understanding that some of these kids grew up in unstable and dysfunctional homes with little to zero guidance. As a result, that leads into kids like JT4 to making bigger mistakes than others. Furthermore, the discussion currently isn’t whether or not what happened was right or wrong, it becomes, do you give a kid, who has lots of issues (assuming is willing to work on them), the opportunity to get their life in order at your program, meanwhile using him to win games?

I believe, if he’s willing to come back under specific circumstances to avoid possible issues and situations in the future then I say give him another chance.

CMR and Manny gave Willis a chance to fix his life and Willis took that year learned about himself and grunted it out on the Scout Team and had everyone raving about him, and a year later he was an MVP on this team and probably going in the top three rounds in the Draft. Give the Kid a break, if he fumbles, then NEXT and onward and upward.

You take Jeff back if he’s changed. He’s so talented try and help the kid could’ve made a bad decision

Advertisement
Hmm, should we take back the one proven game changer on offense? Let me think about that.

Not only should we take him back but we should make him team captain for fighting with those clueless ****wads on the offensive staff.

It’s not an excuse, it’s having an understanding that some of these kids grew up in unstable and dysfunctional homes with little to zero guidance. As a result, that leads into kids like JT4 to making bigger mistakes than others. Furthermore, the discussion currently isn’t whether or not what happened was right or wrong, it becomes, do you give a kid, who has lots of issues (assuming is willing to work on them), the opportunity to get their life in order at your program, meanwhile using him to win games?

I believe, if he’s willing to come back under specific circumstances to avoid possible issues and situations in the future then I say give him another chance.

Bruh...yall know how much people grow up in ****** areas and didnt quit? It's an EXCUSE. QUITTERS find reasons to QUIT. Successful people find reasons to OVERCOME. It's as simple as that.
I have nothing against him coming back...but justifying the act of quitting never flies. Instead of finishing what he started and transferring, he seemed to have no problem going back home to that dysfunctional home away from a **** University.

Starting to wonder if their decision to let Jeff back on the team is directly tied to Jalen's decision to transfer here? If Jalen is coming, it's win now mode. Thoughts?

Advertisement
Bruh...yall know how much people grow up in ****** areas and didnt quit? It's an EXCUSE. QUITTERS find reasons to QUIT. Successful people find reasons to OVERCOME. It's as simple as that.
I have nothing against him coming back...but justifying the act of quitting never flies. Instead of finishing what he started and transferring, he seemed to have no problem going back home to that dysfunctional home away from a **** University.
Very well said.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back