Jeff Thomas sticking with Illinois. NOT!

Advertisement
JT4 didn't divide the team. The QB clusterf$&@ divided the team. That's entirely on Richt.

IIRC, most of the team was ****ed he got kicked off the team, and quickly came to his defense against FSU when they tried to injure him. They also spoke about how much he means to the team after the FSU scuffle on the sidelines. So yea that clearly shows the team is divided, not sure how you could see it any other way!

He hasn’t said one thing or dropped one hint about coming back.

Unless you’re lame enough to think because he changed his banner that means he’s coming here.

I need more than that. You’re like the guys that see a recruit wear a wristband one time and think he’s coming here. Sad.

And you’re not just “talking” about, you’re discussing it like it’s imminent. I think MD keeps shlt bottled up, IF he’s coming back you won’t even know.

But this thread is just pure rumor mongering BASED ON NOTHING REAL.

You don’t think it’s strange he suddenly removed all mentions of Illinois from his twitter account hours after Miami hired a new offensive coordinator?

I mean, come on.

That’s nothing dispositive, but where’s your curiosity?

This is clearly a topic worthy of discussion on a message board after the news cycle has exhausted.

Get a hold of yourself.

Advertisement
You don’t think it’s strange he suddenly removed all mentions of Illinois from his twitter account hours after Miami hired a new offensive coordinator?

I mean, come on.

That’s nothing dispositive, but where’s your curiosity?

This is clearly a topic worthy of discussion on a message board after the news cycle has exhausted.

Get a hold of yourself.

Sounds like you’re the one that needs to get a hold of himself.

It’s one thing to discuss a hypothetical return, no reasonable person would have a problem with that.

It’s another thing for posters to work themselves up like hysterical teenage chicks, going from a discussion about thinking about the possibility, to actually working themselves up into a frenzy and convincing themselves it’s going to happen the more they post about it.

Look at the real evidence...and post count on a thread consisting of made-up rumors is not evidence.

Advertisement
Sounds like you’re the one that needs to get a hold of himself.

It’s one thing to discuss a hypothetical return, no reasonable person would have a problem with that.

It’s another thing for posters to work themselves up like hysterical teenage chicks, going from a discussion about thinking about the possibility, to actually working themselves up into a frenzy and convincing themselves it’s going to happen the more they post about it.

Look at the real evidence...and post count on a thread consisting of made-up rumors is not evidence.

So what?

It’s the off-season. Tis the season to get worked up.

We had a moribund offense and a dynamic playmaker is just sitting there.

I hope the rumors are true.

If I were a betting man, I’d say he’s not coming, but I’m not going to scold people who believe he is.

If the rumor goes bust like the other 10,000, so be it.

Advertisement
No offense bruh, don’t let your brain turn to mush believing false made-up rumors.

If you can’t handle the debate and a little truth, go hide behind mama’s apron.
My mom don't wear an apron... actually I don't know anyone that does except a few of them mfs on food Network and that dude from Devil's kitchen. I probably should purchase an apron though because last time I made some chilli that **** popped on my brand new Orange Miami shirt. I was heated for a good 30 minutes.... anyway, what was we talking about..

You're clearly acting the exact same way to disavow it, so who's really being the "hysterical teenage chick"?

The fact is, there is more than enough evidence, including him removing everything Illinois from his social media and going as far as to unfollowing Illinois people, for to be a discussion.

So what?

It’s the off-season. Tis the season to get worked up.

We had a moribund offense and a dynamic playmaker is just sitting there.

I hope the rumors are true.

If I were a betting man, I’d say he’s not coming, but I’m not going to scold people who believe he is.

If the rumor goes bust like the other 10,000, so be it.

Really don’t get you.

You commented directly to me so I responded.

It sounds like you don’t want to hear what I've got to say. Fine. Don’t read my posts.

Otherwise, it’s a message board, and I’m going to comment as I see fit. I’m NOT telling people to stop posting by pointing out the inconsistencies.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You're clearly acting the exact same way to disavow it, so who's really being the "hysterical teenage chick"?

The fact is, there is more than enough evidence, including him removing everything Illinois from his social media and going as far as to unfollowing Illinois people, for to be a discussion.

I’m not saying there shouldn’t be a discussion, I’m logically laying out my rationale and guys like you are getting all emotional because you want it to be true.

Get out of your feelings and think like an adult.

Also, Im going to post whatever the fūck I want.

My mom don't wear an apron... actually I don't know anyone that does except a few of them mfs on food Network and that dude from Devil's kitchen. I probably should purchase an apron though because last time I made some chilli that **** popped on my brand new Orange Miami shirt. I was heated for a good 30 minutes.... anyway, what was we talking about..

We were talking about your chili recipe.

Ground beef or pork?

Well, if the team says he can come back and he didn't officially sign anywhere else he should come back. My only concern is him being disruptive in the locker room. If not the case, he's a fantastic player.

I say let the team decide. They are the ones he walked out on and deserted. Have a team meeting and let him plead his case in front of his peers, and also allow them to rebuttal him if they want. Then put it to a vote using ballots.

This is exactly what happened in high school. He disappeared from the team while they were making a run for the playoffs. He came back a few weeks later and asked to be let back on the team. Coach told team that he didn’t want him back on, but that he was going to let team meet amongst themselves and vote on it. After the players only meeting they came back and told the coach they wanted him back on. Coach obliged, which brought the team closer together and they ended up winning State.

That is what I believe should be done here. Would have been real easy for the coach to be a dictator and make the unilateral decision whether or not to take him back. Much more difficult for him to put his ego aside and let the team decide. This gives the team a voice, it empowers them and gives them ownership in the results. Im sure it was tough for the Coach but it showed true leadership.

Like a lot of other posters, I want him back on but I think the team should decide. This would be a power move by Manny and a start to bringing back the “Us against the World” attitude this program desperately needs to regain. On a side note, I believe the kid has had a really rough life and has some deep trust/abandonment issues but he is NOT a bad kid. In the long run I hope he finds a way to overcome it and have a long productive happy life. I know he’s had this chance before but this may just be the opportunity that helps him begin to overcome some of his pain and begin to heal long term.

Advertisement
Back