Jeff Thomas stat

Neither have that same cutting ability. I’m not sure if JT is a true first 4.3 guy but his get off, burst and ability to cut without losing speed is next next level.

JT ran a laser 4.38 at the Nike Opening in HS. He also won the fastest man race, dusting kids like Salvon Ahmed, who ran a laser 4.32. Just watch the video on Youtube.

He absolutely is a 4.3 guy. I still remember him embarassing that UNC corner, who is pretty fast himself, last year. You can't do that unless you have elite speed.

Advertisement
With an inaccurate QB an an OL that is marginal at pass protection.
As much as I have bashed this OL they have done a decent job in pass protection. I believe that we will see that aspect of their game continue to improve. The staff must get Reed, Gaynor and Scaife more involved. I would go so far as say that Searles job depends on it. At the end of the year if we are not here making shout out threads for Searles and the OL then Searles is toast. He is officially on the clock.

I think we have a fresh man RB that may wanna challenge this statement
Lingard is explosive isn't he? Kid is electrifying! JT, Lo, Jordan, Mallory, Richards, Pope, Dallas, with physical guys like Homer, Burns, Hightower, Cager, Ezzard, Wiggins, and Njoku should be practically unstoppable. I mean go over those names and think about that a bit. It's mindblowing. Go look over any Miami roster the past 35 years. I dare you to find a sicker collection of skill position talent. The only exception would be the 2000-2002 rosters that featured, Moss, Wayne, Dre, Shockey, Winslow, Portis, Davenport, Magahee and Gore. However the above is a 3 year span. I mean a single year.

Advertisement
After watching NFL teams run about 2000 jet sweeps this weekend, it’s a bit confusing why Thomas isn’t *consistently* (not a one off thing) used to keep defenses honest that way. ****, don’t even hand it to him; just have him run it as a decoy and that’d at least keep defenders from crashing down.

*If I’m not mistaken, I’ve never banned a single person since we started this site, but if one of you comes on here to tell me we’re strategically ‘saving’ this type of consistent approach, i will ban hammer you so help me God. We played LSU (sure, non-conference) on national TV. You can run 10 variations of this later on. The Rams have run it multiple times in the first half to multiple positions/players.

Imagine what he would do if we threw screens at him, reverses, **** I’ll take a motion. Put the ball in that guys hands!

Advertisement
He was the most explosive player on the team last year, too.

He's just getting more passes in his direction now.

Most explosive player on the offense right now. He’s also averaging 25 ypc for his career at Miami which is absolutely ridiculous.

Advertisement
For everyone saying Thomas gets caught from behind. It’s not because he is slow, he gasses and tries to coast. He relies on his burst and explosiveness. He’s not a guy with a very long stride. That being said, I definitely believe Lingard is the fastest kid on this roster.

He is the most explosive player on this roster. The kid is a true game changer, we haven't had anything like him around here in a very long time.

Could you imagine someone with an arm like Stephen Morris throwing to him? Kid might be open by 5 yards.

Advertisement
Why is he getting caught from behind? Multiple times.
It’s literally only happened vs ga tech when they had an angle on him, Savannah state had an angle on him to but the guy was already ahead of Thomas. Still scored anyway.

Regardless Thomas is fast as sh*t watch how he burns an LSU cb kary Vincent who was one of the fastest corners in the country in his class and ran a 10.6 and then beat 2 LSU safeties all in one play
The kid has freakish ability

After watching NFL teams run about 2000 jet sweeps this weekend, it’s a bit confusing why Thomas isn’t *consistently* (not a one off thing) used to keep defenses honest that way. ****, don’t even hand it to him; just have him run it as a decoy and that’d at least keep defenders from crashing down.

*If I’m not mistaken, I’ve never banned a single person since we started this site, but if one of you comes on here to tell me we’re strategically ‘saving’ this type of consistent approach, i will ban hammer you so help me God. We played LSU (sure, non-conference) on national TV. You can run 10 variations of this later on. The Rams have run it multiple times in the first half to multiple positions/players.

Most confusing thing in last 10 years is how in our coaching searches we wanted a coach who would employ a "pro style" offense while the game was changing right before our very eyes. Now the top pro teams are the ones who have married the spread concepts from college that we avoided and called gimmicky, to their nfl schemes. And now we sit here with a stale offense that just tries to line up and out athlete every team.

Gonna be a sad thing if we dont maximize the talent that is JT4, he will still ball out but with him combined with our numerous other weapons we should be avg 40+ a game and have one of the scariest offenses in country

Advertisement
Back