Jeff Thomas is Special

[]_[]nique;2766446 said:
Hope you all aren't getting your hopes up. His coaches have admitted that he wants to stay close to home. Miami is not close to East St. Louis.

Big choice looming for Thomas

Thomas has endless scholarship offers. The Big Ten, SEC, ACC and Big 12 are all after him.

Proximity to home is an important factor for Thomas.

Illinois is in the picture. Thomas has made unofficial visits to the school. Having Lovie Smith as head coach helps.

“It’s still up in the air,” Sunkett said. “I don’t think he wants to travel as far. That’s good news for the locals (Illinois and Missouri). He’s definitely put UI back on the radar, and he’s definitely taking a look at those guys. He’s got Mizzou on his radar, and he’s also taking a look at Louisville.”

Speculation has him considering Alabama, Miami, Michigan and Ohio State. Thomas isn’t saying.

He won’t worry about recruiting until after the season. His full attention has been on helping the Flyers in their quest for another state title.

Hawthorne knows all about the pressures of the recruiting season. He isn’t adding to it for Thomas.

“He’s undecided and leaving his options open,” Hawthorne said. “I’m going to be there as a big brother, mentor-type. It’s his decision. He’s going to be the one who is going to stay there for the next four years.”

Whatever school Thomas picks, Hawthorne and Sunkett expect him to do well. Thomas runs a 4.3 40 — the kind of speed that might someday lead to playing on Sundays.

“If he can stay healthy," Sunkett said, “I can definitely see that.”

“He has great hands,” Hawthorne said. “Great quickness. He’s a one-of-a-kind kid. He has a lot to offer to any team.”

How old is this article??

From before the end of his season, which was about 3 weeks ago an before we cranked up the heat on him. Plus more recent article, his coach said he eliminated Mizzou.
The mentor quoted in the article is Terry Hawthorne, who played at Illinois.

Advertisement
even if he picks us watch one of those sec bagmans come into the picture out of no where. you guys remember patrick peterson 1000 fully commited next thing you here is Lsu is interested next thing you know he is on you tube with thousands next thing you know he is gone. so i learned to wait to the end, but man it would be nice. and for all of you guys who follow stars miami barely made the top ten in rankings when we were winning championships.

[]_[]nique;2766446 said:
Hope you all aren't getting your hopes up. His coaches have admitted that he wants to stay close to home. Miami is not close to East St. Louis.

Thomas has endless scholarship offers. The Big Ten, SEC, ACC and Big 12 are all after him.

Illinois is in the picture. Thomas has made unofficial visits to the school. Having Lovie Smith as head coach helps.

“It’s still up in the air,” Sunkett said. “I don’t think he wants to travel as far. That’s good news for the locals (Illinois and Missouri). He’s definitely put UI back on the radar, and he’s definitely taking a look at those guys. He’s got Mizzou on his radar, and he’s also taking a look at Louisville.”

Speculation has him considering Alabama, Miami, Michigan and Ohio State. Thomas isn’t saying.

He won’t worry about recruiting until after the season. His full attention has been on helping the Flyers in their quest for another state title.

Hawthorne knows all about the pressures of the recruiting season. He isn’t adding to it for Thomas.

“He’s undecided and leaving his options open,” Hawthorne said. “I’m going to be there as a big brother, mentor-type. It’s his decision. He’s going to be the one who is going to stay there for the next four years.”

Whatever school Thomas picks, Hawthorne and Sunkett expect him to do well. Thomas runs a 4.3 40 — the kind of speed that might someday lead to playing on Sundays.

“He has great hands,” Hawthorne said. “Great quickness. He’s a one-of-a-kind kid. He has a lot to offer to any team.”

How old is this article??

From before the end of his season, which was about a month ago and before we cranked up the heat on him. Plus a more recent article, his coach said he eliminated Mizzou.
The mentor quoted in the article is Terry Hawthorne, who played at Illinois.

They quoted both him and Coach Sunkett. Terry was a beast to watch play at East Side!!

even if he picks us watch one of those sec bagmans come into the picture out of no where. you guys remember patrick peterson 1000 fully commited next thing you here is Lsu is interested next thing you know he is on you tube with thousands next thing you know he is gone. so i learned to wait to the end, but man it would be nice. and for all of you guys who follow stars miami barely made the top ten in rankings when we were winning championships.

The guy was already being recruited by Alabaga and he was too late to the party. If he wanted to play in the SEC, he already would've been committed there....he even named Alabaga his leader at one time with us being second

Advertisement
His coach already talking to the media about his crootment? Coach gonna be a big brother type/mentor ? ..... Hes not coming here

interview is old. he has a OV setup to us

Advertisement
On Jan 20th this guy is going to get on a plane in sub zero temps and get off in 70 degrees, probably gets hosted by a freshman AA wideout, and receive the fullest court press possible from a coaching staff that really wants to get him in the fold. This is one we need close. Losing kids to Bama is 1 thing, losing kids to Louisville or Illinois can't become a regular thing for guys we want.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back