Jeff Thomas is Special

Advertisement
First time I saw his film my jaw hit the floor, he'd be great at wr and his CB film looks great too

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hope you all aren't getting your hopes up. His coaches have admitted that he wants to stay close to home. Miami is not close to East St. Louis.

Big choice looming for Thomas

Thomas has endless scholarship offers. The Big Ten, SEC, ACC and Big 12 are all after him.

Proximity to home is an important factor for Thomas.

Illinois is in the picture. Thomas has made unofficial visits to the school. Having Lovie Smith as head coach helps.

“It’s still up in the air,” Sunkett said. “I don’t think he wants to travel as far. That’s good news for the locals (Illinois and Missouri). He’s definitely put UI back on the radar, and he’s definitely taking a look at those guys. He’s got Mizzou on his radar, and he’s also taking a look at Louisville.”

Speculation has him considering Alabama, Miami, Michigan and Ohio State. Thomas isn’t saying.

He won’t worry about recruiting until after the season. His full attention has been on helping the Flyers in their quest for another state title.

Hawthorne knows all about the pressures of the recruiting season. He isn’t adding to it for Thomas.

“He’s undecided and leaving his options open,” Hawthorne said. “I’m going to be there as a big brother, mentor-type. It’s his decision. He’s going to be the one who is going to stay there for the next four years.”

Whatever school Thomas picks, Hawthorne and Sunkett expect him to do well. Thomas runs a 4.3 40 — the kind of speed that might someday lead to playing on Sundays.

“If he can stay healthy," Sunkett said, “I can definitely see that.”

“He has great hands,” Hawthorne said. “Great quickness. He’s a one-of-a-kind kid. He has a lot to offer to any team.”

Last edited:
Hope you all aren't getting your hopes up. His coaches have admitted that he wants to stay close to home. Miami is not close to East St. Louis.

Thomas has endless scholarship offers. The Big Ten, SEC, ACC and Big 12 are all after him.

Illinois is in the picture. Thomas has made unofficial visits to the school. Having Lovie Smith as head coach helps.

“It’s still up in the air,” Sunkett said. “I don’t think he wants to travel as far. That’s good news for the locals (Illinois and Missouri). He’s definitely put UI back on the radar, and he’s definitely taking a look at those guys. He’s got Mizzou on his radar, and he’s also taking a look at Louisville.”

Speculation has him considering Alabama, Miami, Michigan and Ohio State. Thomas isn’t saying.

He won’t worry about recruiting until after the season. His full attention has been on helping the Flyers in their quest for another state title.

Hawthorne knows all about the pressures of the recruiting season. He isn’t adding to it for Thomas.

“He’s undecided and leaving his options open,” Hawthorne said. “I’m going to be there as a big brother, mentor-type. It’s his decision. He’s going to be the one who is going to stay there for the next four years.”

Whatever school Thomas picks, Hawthorne and Sunkett expect him to do well. Thomas runs a 4.3 40 — the kind of speed that might someday lead to playing on Sundays.

“He has great hands,” Hawthorne said. “Great quickness. He’s a one-of-a-kind kid. He has a lot to offer to any team.”

How old is this article??

Advertisement

How old is this article??

From before the end of his season, which was atleast a month ago an before we cranked up the heat on him. Plus more recent article, his coach said he eliminated Mizzou.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back