Jeff Thomas Impact

Would love to see some diversity and deception in the offense this year with movement and sweeps like Canada did at Pitt last year. That little WR of theirs tortured defenses and kept everyone honest.

The days of lining up in a super basic offense with no deception and attempting to out-athlete the defense should be shelved.

This, that dude had Pitts offense snapping last year. Thomas and Harley should be able to give us mismatches all over the field.

Advertisement
To not use him like the Chiefs use Hill, or OSU used Samuel would be a major crime.

To me both Thomas and Dallas should be used like this. Both are too valuable to sit behind the older wideouts.

Yep, I'm starting to think this:

1s
Perry
Walton
Richards
Thomas
Dallas
Herndon

2s
Rosier
Homer
Berrios
Mullins
Cager
Irving

3s
Shirreffs
Gray
Harley
Harris
Langham
Haskins

Yep, I'm starting to think this:

1s
Perry
Walton
Richards
Thomas
Dallas
Herndon

2s
Rosier
Homer
Berrios
Mullins
Cager
Irving

3s
Shirreffs
Gray
Harley
Harris
Langham
Haskins

For the love of God it's Irv.....oh forget it

Advertisement
I know one thing, I better not hear no bull**** about picking up the playbook, blocking or disciplinary stuff with JT.

He better have his *** on the field from the very beginning & he better be used, Idc if he's a TF, he's too **** explosive & dynamic to not get the ball in some capacity.

and then reality hits.......Berrios goes back to return punts....and I throw a brick through my 4k.

Advertisement
I believe that if you have something to say post it. OP draws the comparison between Hill and JT. Most of the board is asleep this time of year. If a post is about Canes football go for it.

yet when i post u guys think im jalen patterson smh

To me, the nice thing about adding motion, sweeps, and screens to our base packages is that it actually may take some of the pressure off of an inexperienced QB. We ran that wr screen vs App State a dozen times with success. Now imagine some very simple motion that allows the wr to catch a true tunnel or bubble screen, or to motion behind the formation for a jet/toss sweep. Simple quick plays that get the ball out fast and don't require the QB to scan the field for 3 seconds while waiting on the rush.

Certainly we need to utilize the middle as well with crosses, seams, and posts, but I would expect an "outside-in" passing game for the early part of the season, regardless of who wins the QB job.

Advertisement
To me, the nice thing about adding motion, sweeps, and screens to our base packages is that it actually may take some of the pressure off of an inexperienced QB. We ran that wr screen vs App State a dozen times with success. Now imagine some very simple motion that allows the wr to catch a true tunnel or bubble screen, or to motion behind the formation for a jet/toss sweep. Simple quick plays that get the ball out fast and don't require the QB to scan the field for 3 seconds while waiting on the rush.

Certainly we need to utilize the middle as well with crosses, seams, and posts, but I would expect an "outside-in" passing game for the early part of the season, regardless of who wins the QB job.

I honestly can't remember ever seeing anyone in motion last year. The lack of creativity on Offense is very concerning.

I honestly can't remember ever seeing anyone in motion last year. The lack of creativity on Offense is very concerning.

I agree it was infuriating and confusing, since simple motion really isn't that hard to install - hopefully we'll see more of it this year.

Advertisement
Didn't Richt say that was something he regretted last year?

He normally used a lot of motion/sweeps at UGA

Having watched a lot of those UGA teams, this bothered the crap out of me. I wasn't expecting the Spread Option or Air Raid, but I was at least expecting to see some of the things Richt's playcalling was known for - shallow cross concepts, quick reads, the "passing triangle" etc. It's like he tried to re-invent a wheel that had never existed in the first place.

I actually think that the offense can get MORE creative while requiring LESS mentally from its QB, compared to what we saw last year.

I agree it was infuriating and confusing, since simple motion really isn't that hard to install - hopefully we'll see more of it this year.

It better change. If it doesn't, we are in serious ****. Can't rely just on talent anymore to win. Look at Clemson's Offense, always using fast pace, misdirections, trick plays, speed, etc. to be successful. Defense's are always guessing what they are doing next. This is Richt's biggest flaw imo.

I believe that if you have something to say post it. OP draws the comparison between Hill and JT. Most of the board is asleep this time of year. If a post is about Canes football go for it.

yet when i post u guys think im jalen patterson smh

Jalen has offers from some big programs and is going to get a free ride through college. He's in good shape.

Advertisement
Back