Jeff Thomas dismissed from Miami football

Advertisement
Those saying he was “misused” as soph who was having a absolute break out year..yea I don’t agree with that..with a game to go..your the only cat really eating..can’t say it was the losing ..kid Once again wanted out after/during last years season..his recruitment came down to us and illinios..a top 50 kid..it wasnt just grades as some here now claim..I just hope he isn’t a kid we’re this is the last time we year from him. He’s leaving millions on the table with this decision unless another major program take him. He is gonna have to sit a whole year..you can replace a WR no matter how talented they may be. U can’t place a heisman level player or a great QB. I’ll miss watching 4 in the orange and green but I’m not losing sleep over him. Too much talent on this roster and in south Florida

I love that people are claiming this is about how JT was misused.

Uh, JT is about to transfer to Illinois, a run-based team that has one of the worst passing offenses in the country.

The kid had issues. He could have got the ball 50 times a game and been unhappy. Transferring to Illinois shows Richt's dumb offense acftually had nothing to do with it
Have you watched Illinois play at all? They lost their top 2 WRs and the rest are trash. The starting QB for next year is a way better passer and not much of a runner. Don't speak on **** that you have no clue about. And yes JT had issues but these were well known throughout his recruitment and Richt still chose to recruit him.

Scuttlebutt out there that this was entirely on JT4. Anyone have info on this?
The info we already have pretty much points to this all being on JT4. The kid quit his HS team, had to be talked out of quitting last season, and walked out on his teammates with two weeks left in the season this year. This is who he is.

Advertisement
I've heard about that was wondering if something else was out there. Saw Feinberg mention something so I figured to see if anyone had more info.

The last part of the season w Kaaya he went to more of a short passing game timing patterns etc, but most of the season he was trying to be a power running team or his RPO Game that rosier ran.

I don’t remember that dive play he loves so much being so prominent, and rosier had more designed runs... but largely it’s the same. No motion, limited routes, slooooooow.

Now after the four game losing streak he finally figured it out w Kaaya a little... not before.

This is exactly right.

Richt has really had 3 different QBs and he has mismanaged all three.
BK never should have been trying to run the RPO
Rosier never should have been a down field pass first QB.
Perry should not have been taken in and out of games.

This does not include the lack of QB development and poor coaching to begin with that puts each QB is a position to fail.

Advertisement
This is exactly right.

Richt has really had 3 different QBs and he has mismanaged all three.
BK never should have been trying to run the RPO
Rosier never should have been a down field pass first QB.
Perry should not have been taken in and out of games.

This does not include the lack of QB development and poor coaching to begin with that puts each QB is a position to fail.

Why shouldn’t kaaya have ran RPO? Peyton Manning was running it with the broncos

Then again our fan base doesn’t know what an RPO is

Why shouldn’t kaaya have ran RPO? Peyton Manning was running it with the broncos

Well, you may not realize this but Brad was not as good Peyton Manning.

But it was mainly because it was not the offense best suited for Brad. It took Mark most of the season and several losses to realize Brad was having more issues with the pass part of the RPO. Once he dumped it Brad did much better.

Sure if he had four years with Brad maybe he would have improved but you could see very early that Brad was having problems with it.

And although many do not know what the RPO is, a few more think they know what it is because they know what it stands for but can't explain how it works.

Advertisement
Well, you may not realize this but Brad was not as good Peyton Manning.

But it was mainly because it was not the offense best suited for Brad. It took Mark most of the season and several losses to realize Brad was having more issues with the pass part of the RPO. Once he dumped it Brad did much better.

Sure if he had four years with Brad maybe he would have improved but you could see very early that Brad was having problems with it.

And although many do not know what the RPO is, a few more think they know what it is because they know what it stands for but can't explain how it works.
Why wasn’t it suited

It’s a pretty simple offense, you either hand it off or pass it

Yesterday there was a guy on the recruiting board that admitted he didnt know what inside zone is. RPO must blow his mind.

Advertisement
Kaaya ran the RPO fine. Kaaya's problem was he was abysmal when any type of pressure came. Rosier is just as bad against pressure but he could at least panic run his way for like 5 yards. Kaaya was either a sack or a bad decision when pressure came and with how bad our oline was it happened alot.

Don’t think the best use of kaaya was outta shotgun.
Why didn't he just look back to the season Kaaya was tearing it up and had many saying he'd be a first round pick and stay with that? I think Richt has been on a mission to prove he was wronged by UGA and because of that, is stubbornly taking a "my way or the highway" approach to everything.

Kaaya finished the second half of his only season under CMR throwing for 1500 yards with about 15 TDs and one pick.

Advertisement
Back