Jeff Thomas dismissed from Miami football

View as article
Advertisement
AR82 being out and nobody stepping up to fill that lost production also allowed teams to double JT4.

This x 1000% There's only so much you can do and Richt's style is to not force one guy the ball (although he adjusted and did it anyway). Realistically, if you can't capitalize of the 1on1s and coverage gaps created from JT4s double-coverage, your offense is bunk anyway. We don't pitch and catch well enough as an offensive unit to talk about "scheme" and "play-calling".

That narrative is superficial and way overblown. I'm surprised how much it's caught fire but it's interesting to see the mopes carry it the way they do.

I love that people are claiming this is about how JT was misused.

Uh, JT is about to transfer to Illinois, a run-based team that has one of the worst passing offenses in the country.

The kid had issues. He could have got the ball 50 times a game and been unhappy. Transferring to Illinois shows Richt's dumb offense acftually had nothing to do with it

With the exception of the last few games, JT was running wide open all game almost every game. The LSU game is the type of tape NFL scouts drool over. Dude was toasting that LSU secondary from start to finish. He did the same the last quarter of last season. Problem was that we had no quarterback to get him the ball. And the more that became clear, the more conservative and worse the offense became.

/He and Willie Williams are the most talented players we've had here in 14 years.

So if this thread is about a guy leaving then can we applying the 100 page rule in a reverse way?
I’m saying we hit 100 pages and jt4 comes back for those that don’t visit the revisiting board

Advertisement
With the exception of the last few games, JT was running wide open all game almost every game. The LSU game is the type of tape NFL scouts drool over. Dude was toasting that LSU secondary from start to finish. He did the same the last quarter of last season. Problem was that we had no quarterback to get him the ball. And the more that became clear, the more conservative and worse the offense became.

/He and Willie Williams are the most talented players we've had here in 14 years.

Kenny Phillips was far more talented.

Somebody get Mike Locksley on the phone ASAP.
So he can leave his multiple award winning program, with an AD who is onboard with whatever the program needs, that also gets the best of the best recruits year in and year out... TO go where? aaaaaaaaand to what hmmmmm???

Advertisement
We got pretty close last year before the ACCCG.
tenor (3).gif

Many former Great UM WRs were doubled....
Scouts don’t care that we have him running wide open all game & didn’t get thrown to.

Very true, but you want to be the man then you beat the DT .

Michael the playmaker: you cannot run with me all day long , I’ve beaten you way before this game.

Till this mindset is locked in we WILL continue to struggle physically and mentally at any and all positions.

The place where you beat your opponent are the lonely days just you running hills , speed training and so on 7 days a week throwing up cramping.. THIS IS WHERE YOU WIN.

So when you line up you can say what the playmaker said:

“ you may be faster then me but I’ll run a 4.4 ALL DAY LONG EVERY SINGLE SNAP NEVER STOP “

I’m sure the list of players on this team doing this is very short.

Very true, but you want to be the man then you beat the DT .

Michael the playmaker: you cannot run with me all day long , I’ve beaten you way before this game.

Till this mindset is locked in we WILL continue to struggle physically and mentally at any and all positions.

The place where you beat your opponent are the lonely days just you running hills , speed training and so on 7 days a week throwing up cramping.. THIS IS WHERE YOU WIN.

So when you line up you can say what the playmaker said:

“ you may be faster then me but I’ll run a 4.4 ALL DAY LONG EVERY SINGLE SNAP NEVER STOP “

I’m sure the list of players on this team doing this is very short.
Its not only speed....some of UMs Greats weren't that fast...Irvin...Wayne...Brodsky..etc weren't barn burners...but their route running was exceptional.

I love that people are claiming this is about how JT was misused.

Uh, JT is about to transfer to Illinois, a run-based team that has one of the worst passing offenses in the country.

The kid had issues. He could have got the ball 50 times a game and been unhappy. Transferring to Illinois shows Richt's dumb offense acftually had nothing to do with it

Why not be closer to family if you are going to be misued. JT4 was the best player we has here in a long time. I cant believe we wasted a talent like that

Advertisement

Somebody was drunk last night when this post was put together.

This is just the beginning, not getting rid of Richt now is just the beginning of the slow slide down which we will have to watch and endure as our BOT fiddles while Rome slowly burns. The inevitability of Richt's disastrous exit and even more inevitable slow-play of this process by the BOT is the most painful part, we know it will not work out well but somehow the BOT will try to play the game out longer as if there is even the possibility of another outcome. This is just as disgusting as watching Mark D' Onofrio destroy our defensive scheme and neuter all of our defensive players, now we have Richt doing it with our offense and overall team as well. It is a shame the BOT is the real problem here, Richt is who he is, the BOT is just not smart enough to realize what that means.

It was about usage. He went 4 games with very little catches. Unacceptable. He had every right to be mad. We have threads of ppl on CIS ****ed about the same thing.

Lol st it was about usage??? You letting the JT thing turn u into somebody that can’t see straight. Smh relax bro ur not making sense

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back