Jeff Thomas dismissed from Miami football

View as article
Advertisement
Reacting negatively in an indirect way towards the staff. It's negative because they're not happy about him leaving.
You reading too much into it on Twitter..if that your boy. You want to show him you still support HIM. Especially at time like this. It not choosing a side. It’s because that’s your boy..that’s all that was going on here

Lmfao...Butch had a Waaayyyy better handle on his kids....Players GPA while Butch was at UM was the Highest ever at that point...Butch had a Great rapport with his players...

All true but I also think Butch set an internal fear factor with the players also. My point was that Butch wouldn’t have put up with JT’s 💩 either

Yet, I am not. Guess what? You think JT is the first football player that requires extra maintenance? Jimmy Johnson said it best in terms of star players and I'm paraphrasing here - if Troy Aikman was caught sleeping in a meeting, he'd ask the person next to him to fill him in. If it was a role/special teams player, he would cut him immediately. Richt's system and lack of awareness along with how he mishandled this entire season is likely the affect of why Thomas was disgruntled (you and I can argue night and day about it, but no one truly knows). Also, this is the 3rd WR that has been kicked off the team for similar issues. No one really disagreed with Sam Bruce and Mullins. But this is now the 3rd guy, all of which the staff has recruited. This is not an issue of where it's Golden's unruly players. These are Richt's players.

And yet, you guys are the same ones that are going to make excuses for Richt later on that he just needs to keep getting more recruiting classes here and that he doesn't have enough talent. The endless cycle of excuses keeps on turning.

Advertisement
I remember when we've kicked off players that were cancers in the locker room and players with happy about it. If JT was such a problem, the players wouldn't even be voicing their displeasure. That's the negative aspect.

Where are players voicing their displeasure? It looks like they like him personally and will miss him. No one has given an opinion anywhere.

You reading too much into it on Twitter..if that your boy. You want to show him you still support HIM. Especially at time like this. It not choosing a side. It’s because that’s your boy..that’s all that was going on here

Yeah cool. I'm sure everything's good with the players and the staff then.

Bro, I’ll tell u this. Before any school takes a transfer, they go back and look at your history. For Jeff it’s not good. I wouldn’t be all too surprised if he doesn’t end up at a illini..
I can't find any articles with details, what did he do that would make other universities give a hard pass?

Advertisement
Maybe this is what our rb coach was referring to as too many cancers on the team

Yet, I am not. Guess what? You think JT is the first football player that requires extra maintenance? Jimmy Johnson said it best in terms of star players and I'm paraphrasing here - if Troy Aikman was caught sleeping in a meeting, he'd ask the person next to him to fill him in. If it was a role/special teams player, he would cut him immediately. Richt's system and lack of awareness along with how he mishandled this entire season is likely the affect of why Thomas was disgruntled (you and I can argue night and day about it, but no one truly knows). Also, this is the 3rd WR that has been kicked off the team for similar issues. No one really disagreed with Sam Bruce and Mullins. But this is now the 3rd guy, all of which the staff has recruited. This is not an issue of where it's Golden's unruly players. These are Richt's players.

And yet, you guys are the same ones that are going to make excuses for Richt later on that he just needs to keep getting more recruiting classes here and that he doesn't have enough talent. The endless cycle of excuses keeps on turning.

I’ll agree with the staff knows what they are getting into most of the time with some of these guys and with WR being a down position a few years ago they took a chance with Thomas and baggage. It being a better situation now they choose to not deal with his crap anymore

Where are players voicing their displeasure? It looks like they like him personally and will miss him. No one has given an opinion anywhere.

That's basically what I'm saying. If the players agreed with him leaving, they likely wouldn't be saying ****. If the players are cancers like Thomas Brown mentioned a couple weeks ago, then when the player is removed, players usually don't go on twitter being sad about said player/cancer leaving.

Advertisement
All true but I also think Butch set an internal fear factor with the players also. My point was that Butch wouldn’t have put up with JT’s 💩 either
Butch would have been able to relate and mentor the young kid from the bottom instead of preaching, or had one of his savages take JT under their l wing

Advertisement
I can't find any articles with details, what did he do that would make other universities give a hard pass?

quitting in HS (skipping practices, etc)
grades were an issue which turned off a lot of major schools
his hs coach said he likes to wall himself off from people as a protective mechanism

Advertisement
Back