Jeff Thomas dismissed from Miami football

View as article
Of ALL the players, it has to be one of our BEST.

I want to say it s unreal, or surreal. The truth is it's the real deal. We don't have "bud luck." This is not "karma," "the cloud," or any other stupid excuse. This is our reality until the higher ups figure this **** out.

Advertisement
Who convinced him to come back? Coaches.

Who drove him to act out again? Coaches.

That’s all I’m trying to point out. There is blame to pass around to everyone right now.
So In HS it was coaches who drove him out in HS football..teachers who drove him away from school..HS coaches who fought to get him back on track...college coaches that took a chance on him ..when no major school would openly recruit him knowing he’s a top 50 prospect..the staff from a major univ that takes a chance on you..and you act out..and once again we gonna blame the coaches..

Butch would've had Jeff Thomas run gassers until he quit the team voluntarily.

He also wouldn't have a **** show unit that was ranked in the 90's with this roster either.

to the poster before you -- D and Stefan both have said Thomas quit. Manny said they were working it out or trying to but this sounds like he quit the team

With everything goin on right now on offense you kick the best WR off the team ? How does this make Haselwood the BEST WR in the country come here ?

Well Mr Hood posted something to the effect I hope the kid learns from his mistakes and lands on his feet, so I don’t think it’s a big deal.

So I'm now at the point that I would love for every player on this team would literally quit and tell M. Richt and Miami University to F*** off. not a University in the country that deserves it more than Miami.
Absolutely agree 100%. School has always been an overpriced, second rate chitshow. Everything is just so poorly run. They might as well drop football and baseball since those programs have been utterly trashed.

Advertisement

Oh we ****ed

Richt chose the wrong side

People can grasp at straws and call him a locker room disruption all they want. But we've now seen Brevin Jordan and Cager react negatively to Jeff Thomas no longer being on the team. See, you can pull this **** when you have the track record for it. When your offense isn't a complete **** show and you haven't turned a once promising season into a dumpster fire. This is on Richt.

Any truth to the rumor that his high school transcripts weren't up to snuff?

Not this late in the game. He’s a freakin Sophomore. He didn’t go to practices and meetings and sounds like he may have missed meeting lst week by sitting the first couple serious.
It blows but next man up. Pope time to show what he can do.
Hopefully Haselwood comes now too.

Butch would've had Jeff Thomas run gassers until he quit the team voluntarily.

He also wouldn't have a **** show unit that was ranked in the 90's with this roster either.

Did you ever watch Butch’s teams? If you don’t remember I’ll remind you. Butch Davis once suspended our top RB James Jackson in a large game I believe UCLA ‘98 for missing study hall. So Butch was just as bad but probably had a better handle on his players.

lmao miami football has been bad for more than right now. GT also has four titles, but theyre not close to winning another one. same w miami.
Miami has 5 national championships, GT has 4 national championships which are from early 1900's and the most recent one was in 1990.

Advertisement
People can grasp at straws and call him a locker room disruption all they want. But we've now seen Brevin Jordan and Cager react negatively to Jeff Thomas no longer being on the team. See, you can pull this **** when you have the track record for it. When your offense isn't a complete **** show and you haven't turned a once promising season into a dumpster fire. This is on Richt.

React negatively? Can someone tell me where this is negative? Looks like they are sad they lost a brother. Don’t see anything negative about it? The bias is overwhelming you.

to the poster before you -- D and Stefan both have said Thomas quit. Manny said they were working it out or trying to but this sounds like he quit the team

Don't blame him at this point. Look at what's going on with this team and how Richt has handled it. Weldon gets multiple suspensions that are drug related - still on the team. Rosier plays like utter crap consistently while Perry has 1 bad quarter of play, yet Rosier is held to a different standard than that of Perry. We won't even get into how Richt hired his unqualified kid to lead the development of all the QBs. As far as quitting on the team, well, it appears that his (former) teammates don't have a problem with him (Jeff Thomas).

Did you ever watch Butch’s teams? If you don’t remember I’ll remind you. Butch Davis once suspended our top RB James Jackson in a large game I believe UCLA ‘98 for missing study hall. So Butch was just as bad but probably had a better handle on his players.

I do remember that. Having said that, you didn't have this happen as often with Butch as it does with Richt.

Miami has 5 national championships, GT has 4 national championships which are from early 1900's and the most recent one was in 1990.

the same w miami was more that were as close to GT in terms of seriously competing for one again imo. our most recent one was 2001. its 2018 soon to be 19. it has been a long time and like it or not, the standards should be adjusted a bit esp when you win one division title since joining the conference

Advertisement
They have to coach kids differently. They don’t all respond to the same things. Especially when it’s a game breaker... U gotta keep the temperature down.
so accommodate one player. That doesn’t happen in college and certainly not the NFL bro. Abs once again Dugans doesn’t seem like that type of coach..at some point bro self accountibily has to come..but to a degree I agree with u.

React negatively? Just supporting a friend and x player. I don’t see them supporting anything either way, except him as a person.

At the end of the day Thomas probably deserved to be dismissed, what doesn’t change is this season had been an enormous disappointment and Richt needs to hold himself and his staff to that high standard he’s talking about.

Advertisement
React negatively? Can someone tell me where this is negative? Looks like they are sad they lost a brother. Don’t see anything negative about it? The bias is overwhelming you.

I remember when we've kicked off players that were cancers in the locker room and players with happy about it. If JT was such a problem, the players wouldn't even be voicing their displeasure. That's the negative aspect.

Somebody get Mike Locksley on the phone ASAP.
If you're going for Locksley, might as well shoot for Art Briles. No half measures.
Any truth to the rumor that his high school transcripts weren't up to snuff?
Even if his grades were "up to snuff" at East St. Louis HS, the school's academic reputation is F-. BTW, Kellen Winslow, Sr. was an East grad back in 1975 before becoming an AA at Mizzou.

Advertisement
Back