Jeff Thomas and Gerald Willis

redrum234

Recruit
So many negatives to focus on, but I rather highlight what a great game Jeff Thomas and Gerald Willis had!! Both had monster games in my opinion and showed why so many schools were after their services. I think JT will have a 1,000 yards easily with at least 8+ touchdowns. Willis is playing like a first rounder. Also thought Brevin Jordan was open a few times - showing how much he is a mismatch for LBs. Hightower's impressive TD catch only reinforces the fact he has been killing it since he arrived. He should only get better - if the QB can consistently deliver him the football (BIG if).

Advertisement
thank god willis came back. Kool screwed us up at DL because he didnt want to recruit.

Gerald Willis will have an All-American type season. Imagine what he will do to teams in conference play? Good lord, he was the best player on the field Sunday evening.

Told you guys he was a War Daddy. Feel so bad for that guy that he was the only one who showed up on D. But we knew Bethel was not a good option as his sidekick and that will hurt us this year if he doesn't get it in gear. LSUs OL was suppose to be a HUGE weakness and we made them look good.

JT is a gamer.

Advertisement
Did any other DT make a play the entire game? Our DT depth is an absolute joke.

Those two played like their life depended on it. The rest of the team... not so much. Hopefully our guys rally with this adversity and don’t quit.

Advertisement
Willis was noticeable for sure on the D line. He played tough and physical all night. JT is a special athlete. Hopefully his skill doesn't go to waste with the horrendous QB play.

what happened to our 1st R ends? G played well, everyone else played like trash.

Gerald Willis 8 tackles 4 tfls and 1 sack. Haven’t seen a dominant performance like that from one of our dlineman in a long time.../

Advertisement
The reports that JT is the best player on the offense appear to be true. He is dynamic, a blazer, plays much bigger than he is, and a gamer. Did you see when he caught the second ball on the sideline in double coverage? We were losing so he didn't celebrate like a jerkoff, but he couldn't hide how fired up he was to make a play to try and get us back in it.

We run verts all game - shouldn't Thomas just get a few lobbed deep and let him run underneath it? We have a guy that can take the top off the defense, force them to at least respect the deep ball, but don't use him that way, seemingly.

Did anyone notice the 3rd down blitz package we used in the second half? I believe it was only 3 down linemen, with Pinkney and Carter on the LOS over the guard/tackle. If I get a chance to rewatch, I will try to highlight it. I'm sure @HurricaneVision will break it down proper.

Advertisement
Line play on both sides has been mediocre for the past few years (going on a decade) - but its the 3rd down efficiency (inefficiency) that is killing this team. Granted the defense may not have had the best game, but they were constantly back on the field after the offense can sustain drives. Finding creative ways to get the ball in the hands of Jeff Thomas should be a priority. He is far and away the best receiver. I think we should pump the brakes on Ahmmon a bit - he is a super talent, but cant stay healthy. JT has shown himself to be durable and he has added weight/strength from last season. Jordan, Hightower, and Homer should be the other major contributors.

We truly have the best wide receivers in America. Cager catching overthrown balls over greedy. Langham and Harley playing their part. Jeff balling out and richards who did the best he could. Even our tight ends were getting open. The problem is Rosier. We had ZERO drops ZERO. I dont count JT's drop cuz the ball was overthrown. Jarren could get the ball to them way better then Malik. Sure hed make freshman mistakes but I can't believe hed make more mistakes than our redshirt senior quarterback. DONT WASTE THIS TALENT RICHT!!! Best offensive talent since 08 and we r ****ting the bed.

Still can't remember giving the ball to JT4 on anything horizontal. Maybe once against FSU in 2017?

Advertisement
Back