Jeff Scott as OC?

No experience would make us fans more comfortable but if you're learning from an elite offense like Clemson it may rub off on you especially because it's what you're used to. Coley isn't the standard of what we should and I'm not sure Scott will br a great playcaller but if he's legitimately bringing Clemson 2.0 here im all in
First time play callers have left a bad taste in my mouth here in Miami. And you can't say he's bringing Clemson 2.0 because he ain't bringing Tahj Boyd, Deshaun Watson, or Trevor Lawrence. All GREAT quarterbacks that he didn't develop.

Advertisement
First time play callers have left a bad taste in my mouth here in Miami. And you can't say he's bringing Clemson 2.0 because he ain't bringing Tahj Boyd, Deshaun Watson, or Trevor Lawrence. All GREAT quarterbacks that he didn't develop.

Miami has had one first time playcaller in the last 15 years. Coley. We’ve failed plenty with guys “who have called plays before”

Any qb they put in looks good, because it’s a qb friendly offense. When Lawrence got knocked out the backup cane in and balled.

They never have busts , that tells you it’s a lot to do with scheme.

Y’all will be mad when he’s there next oc , calling plays in the natty some day.

Any qb they put in looks good, because it’s a qb friendly offense. When Lawrence got knocked out the backup cane in and balled.

Y’all will be mad when he’s there next oc , calling plays in the natty some day.
And he knows the offense in and out. If you can get him it would be a great hire imo

Advertisement
There was never a real reason to rip either but I can't lie I love Clemsons offense and how they dictate what defenses do and get their playmakers the ball and Scotts a big part of the gameplanning
As Co OC Scott would be heavily involved with play calling without having final say. IMO, non issue.

Sign him.

And he knows the offense in and out. If you can get him it would be a great hire imo

The whole “ first time playcaller “ thing is a bit overrated. If you’re a smart football guy you can sit down with somebody and find out real quick their knowledge and level of understanding the game.

Manny is considered a very smart defensive guy, somebody like Scott could easily blow him away. Smart is smart in football.

And he’s very highly respected. As I said , he’ll be the next one at Clemson.

Or maybe they just have good QBs because they recruit the position so well. Watson and Lawrence are NFL talents after all.

Advertisement
The whole “ first time playcaller “ thing is a bit overrated. If you’re a smart football guy you can sit down with somebody and find out real quick their knowledge and level of understanding the game.

Manny is considered a very smart defensive guy, somebody like Scott could easily blow him away. Smart is smart in football.

And he’s very highly respected. As I said , he’ll be the next one at Clemson.
If you can get him you got to try ASAP.
He’s without a doubt the best receiver coach and recruiter in the game. The list he’s coached and got to Clemson Is ******* loaded....

Y’all are crazy if you don’t want Scott. He may be the best recruiter in the country. He’s been at Clemson since Dabo started and was the recruiting coordinator throughout. We need dogs and he has proven that he’ll go get em. ***** calling plays our offense can’t get any worse. This a boom or bust hire that can literally change our program. I love it! Roll the dice on a savage on the trail who’s sat and watched the second best coach in college football build a program over the last 10 years all day over two failed head coaches all day imo

I would prefer Applewhite and I kinda doubt Scott comes but it is worth a shot to talk to Scott and kick the tires.

Y’all are crazy if you don’t want Scott. He may be the best recruiter in the country. He’s been at Clemson since Dabo started and was the recruiting coordinator throughout. We need dogs and he has proven that he’ll go get em. ***** calling plays our offense can’t get any worse. This a boom or bust hire that can literally change our program. I love it! Roll the dice on a savage on the trail who’s sat and watched the second best coach in college football build a program over the last 10 years all day over two failed head coaches all day imo
LOL you don't hire a DC or OC for recruiting . IN fact that is like 4th or 5th on the list of importance for a OC.

Advertisement
Or maybe they just have good QBs because they recruit the position so well. Watson and Lawrence are NFL talents after all.
Nobody hits at that level. Boyd wasn't an nfl talent,but it was a qb friendly o.
In that scheme it's hard to look bad. Simple reads, constant smoke and mirrors and easy throws. There's literally ten layup completions per game

Advertisement
This is a good view point. I can dig this hire, he's bio says he's special teams coach too

LOL you don't hire a DC or OC for recruiting . IN fact that is like 4th or 5th on the list of importance for a OC.

Why has Dabo kept him for so long? After 9 years I’m sure he can call plays. As much as people ***** and complain about our recruiting I beg to differ. Our OC will be in charge of the entire offense and will need to have a vision for recruiting as well. I don’t know what you’re smoking but if the OC can’t recruit then we’re gonna have problems

Now that this is public prior to the title game, I'd wager Scott won't be happening either.

Advertisement
Back