@jeddthefisch ….campeones del mundo

To me Maradona will always be the GOAT(I was a kid when I saw him win the 86 cup almost by himself) but I appreciate your comment . Canes, Argentina and the St.Louis Cardinals are my three loves in sports .
Diego Maradona tickles the ball over the head of England’s Peter Shilton to give Argentina a 1-0 lead at the Azteca Stadium.

Advertisement
To me Maradona will always be the GOAT(I was a kid when I saw him win the 86 cup almost by himself) but I appreciate your comment . Canes, Argentina and the St.Louis Cardinals are my three loves in sports .
If they had VAR back then, his famous " Hand of God" goal would have been disallowed, he probably would have been red carded, and would not have won a cup.

If they had VAR back then, his famous " Hand of God" goal would have been disallowed, he probably would have been red carded, and would not have won a cup.
He scored another goal in that game, so the last part of this take is highly speculative, at best, and likely false.

Advertisement
This should be in the off-topic board.

Mbappe made that one heII of a game though

He scored another goal in that game, so the last part of this take is highly speculative, at best, and likely false.
I rhink he definitely would have gotten a red carded. ( at least today) I also think Argentina's team with Mario Kempes was their best. There were a couple of other great players on that team Daniel Passerella , Ardiles and sevetal others. A well rounded team.. Tough across all lines.

I rhink he definitely would have gotten a red carded. ( at least today) I also think Argentina's team with Mario Kempes was their best. There were a couple of other great players on that team Daniel Passerella , Ardiles and sevetal others. A well rounded team.. Tough across all lines.
I agree with 78 being the best team.

Advertisement
After 36 years ..waited 36 ******* years ..

Argentina Campeón del mundo .
That was probably the most captivating sports finale that I have ever seen. The back and forth, the passion, the determination, the fans, it had it all. It’s a shame someone had to lose. Absolutely breathtaking. Wow. I was exhausted just from watching it. Best Championship game ever, IMO. Well it was the best one that I’ve ever seen.
¡Felicidades Argentina! ¡Campeones de la Copa del Mundo!

You forgot his hand too. :LOL:

Advertisement
Advertisement
I've seen a lot of world cups in my lifetime and this might be the best final ever.
Only game I’ve seen that comes close was the France vs Germany semifinal game in 82 ….watched that one years after because I kept hearing from my dad it was perhaps the best game he ever watched .

And I really can’t come at you for that . Pelé was an amazing player . Maradona was an amazing player and me being an Argentina fan puts him over the top for me . Johan Cruyff was amazing too back in the day .
you are likely to come at a fellow kickball fan

Advertisement
Back