JC Jackson Update

I hope FSU does focus on Marlon Humphrey. That dude is a Bama lock. His dad is Bobby Humphrey, big time RB for Bama in the late 80s.

I'll take JC Jackson, an Immokalee product, any day.

Advertisement
I hope FSU does focus on Marlon Humphrey. That dude is a Bama lock. His dad is Bobby Humphrey, big time RB for Bama in the late 80s.

I'll take JC Jackson, an Immokalee product, any day.
Agreed and you gotta think Jackson doesn't like the idea of being a plan B for FSU. Come here we want you cuz.

Weird has family prefers UF to FSU. I heard he has two sisters at FSU.

Maybe they know something. I went to FSU and have always been a huge Miami fan. I also went to UF. Never went to UM.

UM is in my blood. It was part of my bonding with my father as a young kid. Not everything is determined by where you went to school. My love for UM football is very, very deep. It started long before most of you on this board were born.

Your father sounds like the man, and my sympathies to you for those dark years at UF and FSU. :p

I wasn't at either school that long, and I pretty much accomplished academically what I wanted to. I got the coursework and degree I needed, and moved on. Rarely went to games either place. I was also a bit older and more academically focused, not focused on campus and social life.

My father went back to the 40's with UM football, and once told me he wrote about sports for the school paper. He didn't talk much about the great teams, like I think the '51 team, that Nick Chickillo played on. He sometimes talked about Frank Smith, a great RB, and older brother of Russ Smith, a very good player in the '60's. He also talked about Jack Hackett, a QB who overcame a club foot to play QB. I remember watching Russ Smith at spring practice in '63 and he was pretty **** good, as advertised. He was supposed to be the breakaway back we so sorely needed. Actually, the RB who emerged from that class was Pete Banaszak, who was a staple of good Raiders teams in the late '60's. Frank Smith played around the early '50's and was a star for us, if not nationally recognized.

Wow, Matador! I thought I was the only one that remembered Frank Smith. He really impressed me when he would point out to his blockers who to block and direction. He was my favorite Cane at that time.

Advertisement
Weird has family prefers UF to FSU. I heard he has two sisters at FSU.

Maybe they know something. I went to FSU and have always been a huge Miami fan. I also went to UF. Never went to UM.

UM is in my blood. It was part of my bonding with my father as a young kid. Not everything is determined by where you went to school. My love for UM football is very, very deep. It started long before most of you on this board were born.

Your father sounds like the man, and my sympathies to you for those dark years at UF and FSU. :p

I wasn't at either school that long, and I pretty much accomplished academically what I wanted to. I got the coursework and degree I needed, and moved on. Rarely went to games either place. I was also a bit older and more academically focused, not focused on campus and social life.

My father went back to the 40's with UM football, and once told me he wrote about sports for the school paper. He didn't talk much about the great teams, like I think the '51 team, that Nick Chickillo played on. He sometimes talked about Frank Smith, a great RB, and older brother of Russ Smith, a very good player in the '60's. He also talked about Jack Hackett, a QB who overcame a club foot to play QB. I remember watching Russ Smith at spring practice in '63 and he was pretty **** good, as advertised. He was supposed to be the breakaway back we so sorely needed. Actually, the RB who emerged from that class was Pete Banaszak, who was a staple of good Raiders teams in the late '60's. Frank Smith played around the early '50's and was a star for us, if not nationally recognized.

Cheers to you! I like these kinda post. Love to hear things about my canes from before my days, very cool.

344.jpg

Advertisement
Is JC the most important recruit left on the board? As much as I love Cook, I don't have concerns with our offense. But we need Miami caliber playmakers on D.

Is JC the most important recruit left on the board? As much as I love Cook, I don't have concerns with our offense. But we need Miami caliber playmakers on D.

I agree with you. The biggest issue with not getting Cook is the possibility of him going to FSU. That's no bueno.

Advertisement

I agree with you. The biggest issue with not getting Cook is the possibility of him going to FSU. That's no bueno.

I don't understand why people think we don't need to improve the offense. In order to beat a team like FSU, we need elite players like Cook. We put up 275 yards and 14 points against FSU, that good enough?

Also, there were other instances where our offense would get in 3 and out mode, which means our DEFENSE would be on the field longer. Guys like Duke Johnson and Dalvin Cook have the ability to make 3 yard gains into 10 yard gains and make 15 yard gains into long touchdowns.

Besides that, how can anyone be confident that Ryan Williams is going to be solid QB? What receiver is going to step up and be the excellent possession big-catch receiver that Allen Hurns was? Who knows how our offense will look next season?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jackson is extremely important, but Cook is on a different level of talent, it would royally suck if he picked FSU

I like Jackson much better as a wr. Kid has god given talent with the ball in his hands. But, if we can get him to play defense that is good too.

Advertisement
Back