JC Jackson Update

Classic

TAFKA CaneClassic
While I'm tempted to keep playing patty cake in that epic thread of positivity, here's some intel on JC Jackson that seemed deserving of its own cluster****.

According to 24/7, Jackson has not committed and will hold off on doing so.

However, he had a great trip to Miami and Miami likely leads. UF is all but out of it, and it's a Miami/FSU battle a la Dalvin Cook. Miami is recruiting Jackson the hardest, and FSU has put its priority on Marlon Humphrey, and Jackson may have taken notice. His family wants him at the U, and would even prefer UF over FSU for him. Miami is pitching him hard on early playing time, and he believes after watching practice that that is truly a possibility.

We sounds in really, really good shape.

But no bat signals for JC, and it looks likely to stay that way until NSD, or at least close.

IT'S GON' HAPPEN!

150.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm impressed with his confidence if he thinks he can start early at CB.

That's basically our strongest position on D.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Weird has family prefers UF to FSU. I heard he has two sisters at FSU.

Maybe they know something. I went to FSU and have always been a huge Miami fan. I also went to UF. Never went to UM.

UM is in my blood. It was part of my bonding with my father as a young kid. Not everything is determined by where you went to school. My love for UM football is very, very deep. It started long before most of you on this board were born.

Maybe they know something. I went to FSU and have always been a huge Miami fan. I also went to UF. Never went to UM.

UM is in my blood. It was part of my bonding with my father as a young kid. Not everything is determined by where you went to school. My love for UM football is very, very deep. It started long before most of you on this board were born.

Your father sounds like the man, and my sympathies to you for those dark years at UF and FSU. :p

Your father sounds like the man, and my sympathies to you for those dark years at UF and FSU. :p

I wasn't at either school that long, and I pretty much accomplished academically what I wanted to. I got the coursework and degree I needed, and moved on. Rarely went to games either place. I was also a bit older and more academically focused, not focused on campus and social life.

My father went back to the 40's with UM football, and once told me he wrote about sports for the school paper. He didn't talk much about the great teams, like I think the '51 team, that Nick Chickillo played on. He sometimes talked about Frank Smith, a great RB, and older brother of Russ Smith, a very good player in the '60's. He also talked about Jack Hackett, a QB who overcame a club foot to play QB. I remember watching Russ Smith at spring practice in '63 and he was pretty **** good, as advertised. He was supposed to be the breakaway back we so sorely needed. Actually, the RB who emerged from that class was Pete Banaszak, who was a staple of good Raiders teams in the late '60's. Frank Smith played around the early '50's and was a star for us, if not nationally recognized.

Advertisement
Back