Jaylon Knighton is a Superstar in the making

He’s small. He’s the type of cat you move around and use all purpose. He’s not a horse that’ll pound inside , or he won’t last long. Get him touches in different facets and also use as a decoy. Why would you want to slam him inside and treat as horse just because you can? You run a spread for guys like him, utilize him without grinding him down to bits.

Lorenzo booker is a better comparison for size , speed and style. JK has a tad smaller frame. Put LB in today’s offenses and he’s a problem.
Booker is a solid comp.

Advertisement
Yall have to stop with the football cliches. Weight doesn't determine your durability. Never has. Rooster has always been tough as ****.

If he needs to work on anything it's his vision, patience and picking his feet up in traffic so he doesn't get tripped so easily.

But all this talk about not feeding him so much because of his durability is asinine. The whole reason he's having big games is because he's being fed, which is leading to more opportunities for him to break something big.
I agree with everything you're saying Macho - the problem IMO is he's just not hitting big plays in the run game (largely because the issues he needs to work on that you pointed out)

For comparison - Knighton has 1 20+ yd carry in his last 100 attempts. He has 0 30+. Cam had 7 20+ yd runs in his last 100 attempts.

The big pass plays are great, and maybe the big runs are just around the corner. But there's been barely any so far, and they need to start coming soon.

I agree with everything you're saying Macho - the problem IMO is he's just not hitting big plays in the run game (largely because the issues he needs to work on that you pointed out)

For comparison - Knighton has 1 20+ yd carry in his last 100 attempts. He has 0 30+. Cam had 7 20+ yd runs in his last 100 attempts.

The big pass plays are great, and maybe the big runs are just around the corner. But there's been barely any so far, and they need to start coming soon.
I can't argue with that.
Ironically, he was a big play guy in high school.
I think maybe (just speculating) that he doesn't quite understand that the big runs will come throughout the course of the game if he's just patient. (i.e. late in the NC State game when he had a 28 yarder) He showed good patience on that run, let things develop, then bursted through the hole.

Advertisement
I can't argue with that.
I think maybe (just speculating) that he doesn't quite understand that the big runs will come throughout the course of the game if he's just patient. (i.e. late in the NC State game when he had a 28 yarder) He showed good patience on that run, let things develop, then bursted through the hole.
Something I noticed but did he always carry the ball in his right hand? I've noticed a few runs to the left where its in the right hand. Small but always thinking ball security.

I can't argue with that.
Saying he was a big play guy is high school is understatement - ha! I know he tore it up and has the ability - I'm with you that the patience & I think confidence are probably playing a part.

I'm hoping knowing he's the guy now for the rest of the season means he doesn't have to press when getting 5-7 carries a game in a rotation. And the big plays in the passing game might give the confidence that leads to big plays in the run game.

The comment was "superstar", not electric talent. He is not a college football superstar right now. Not even close. Few people outside of ACC/UM know him.
No brilliant one, your comment was he is not super ANYTHING. Yes he is, super talent, super performer last 2 games, super start to his season this year. Just put your shovel away and button it.

Advertisement
Yall have to stop with the football cliches. Weight doesn't determine your durability. Never has. Rooster has always been tough as ****.

If he needs to work on anything it's his vision, patience and picking his feet up in traffic so he doesn't get tripped so easily.

But all this talk about not feeding him so much because of his durability is asinine. The whole reason he's having big games is because he's being fed, which is leading to more opportunities for him to break something big.

just rewatched the game and bringing this back up.

Rooser is a beast. he took many shots, gave out some punishment and ran hard AF. he had a great game.

Advertisement
Our oline cant run block but they hold up enough in pass blocking (seeing us actually execute the counter trey has been a amazing development tho, oklahoma staple), we have WR who are stepping up by removing the jags, and our qb is a good triggerman, with rooster just go full airraid.. Been saying it for awhile but it looks good on us, embrace it, fully

Something I noticed but did he always carry the ball in his right hand? I've noticed a few runs to the left where its in the right hand. Small but always thinking ball security.
Bro I can't stand that. He's been doing it for years. I used to say stuff to him in high school.
He's gotta stop doing that. It hurts his ball security and prevents him from using a stiff arm on approaching defenders.

Bro I can't stand that. He's been doing it for years. I used to say stuff to him in high school.
He's gotta stop doing that. It hurts his ball security and prevents him from using a stiff arm on approaching defenders.
Wasn’t it Emmit Smith who was known for carrying the ball like that?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back