Jaylin Alderman LB from Louisville

Ive been a fan of almost all the LB we recruited the last 2 years. If these guys cant be trusted for minor snaps a game we aren’t in better shape. Once they perform at a high level or any level I'll accept gloating. A year ago we were celebrating guys that aren't even on the team (Kelly, Wayne, Collins etc) Whining and acknowledging double standards are not the same but I know this is moping.

Our top 10 classes are not looking like top 10 after the departures.

Advertisement
Either alot of you are just missing it or just dont want to see it...but you are really skipping over a key phrase that keeps being brought up over and over...Mario is in "WIN NOW!" mode...can you guys understand that? "WIN NOW!"...DMoney has said it numerous times. So we dont have time to develop anyone right now. If you still need development? Sit to the side and let a grown man come in until you get right. See you in 2025. We need players who are ready to go NOW. We are going after "hired guns" for this year and its pretty clear. It worked for FSU last season and dammit I have no problem with Mario using this same strategy to get us over the hump. It is what it is.

Welcome to team win now… we’ve been waiting for you Mario…

Ive been a fan of almost all the LB we recruited the last 2 years. If these guys cant be trusted for minor snaps a game we aren’t in better shape. Once they perform at a high level or any level I'll accept gloating. A year ago we were celebrating guys that aren't even on the team (Kelly, Wayne, Collins etc) Whining and acknowledging double standards are not the same but I know this is moping.

The double standard issue is becoming more and more blatant …

I’m waiting for insiders to all change their avatars to their new North Korean issued haircuts…

as @JHallCanes has said repeatedly, we are in the spot we are as a result of our recruiting from 2019-2021.
Take this kid, shed some of the names I saw mentioned earlier. Keep marching.
The 2022 class is a disaster as well

Not sure what this thread is even talking about. Seems like a dumping grounds for every grievance people have about Mario over bringing in an LB in the portal

Also some disingenuous dramatic takes to try and prove points and I’m not a fan of that either

So I’m gonna just move along

Either alot of you are just missing it or just dont want to see it...but you are really skipping over a key phrase that keeps being brought up over and over...Mario is in "WIN NOW!" mode...can you guys understand that? "WIN NOW!"...DMoney has said it numerous times. So we dont have time to develop anyone right now. If you still need development? Sit to the side and let a grown man come in until you get right. See you in 2025. We need players who are ready to go NOW. We are going after "hired guns" for this year and its pretty clear. It worked for FSU last season and dammit I have no problem with Mario using this same strategy to get us over the hump. It is what it is.
This right here. The problem many have is understanding that "win now" and "sustained success" through recruitment and development is not just an either/or proposition, but a both/and. The difficult part is establishing and maintaining the proper balance based on where the program is.

FSU went full "win now" mode and I think a school like Clemson went full "sustained success" mode. I don't think either extreme is the right way to go, but based on current circumstances, you can see UM leaning in one direction.

Advertisement

Not sure what this thread is even talking about. Seems like a dumping grounds for every grievance people have about Mario over bringing in an LB in the portal

Also some disingenuous dramatic takes to try and prove points and I’m not a fan of that either

I want this for me.

fourth of july dog GIF
K

Advertisement
Depth is the key to winning championships and now with the added games due to the 12 team playoff system, depth is even more important. Injuries will happen in football and with addition of Alderman this could be the deepest LB group Miami has had in 20 years.

Base 4-2-4 defense 3 deep
MLB Francisco Mauigoa SR 6-3 230
MLB Raul Aguirre SO 6-2 233
MLB Chase Smith RJR 6-1 230

WIL Wesley Bissainthe JR 6-1 220
WIL Jaylin Alderman JR 6-1 230
WIL Marcellius Pulliam SO 6-3 230

4-3 Defense add the SAM position
SAM Cam Pruitt FR 6-2 200
SAM Bobby Washington RFR 6-3 220

Miami will finally have a deep core of "Miami Caliber" linebackers. Put 2 solid DT's infant of these guys and they will eat all season long.

Chase Smith is in the middle? Can't see that

I was thinking Hayes in the middle, and Smith in the sam battle or just a backup at both positions.

All in all that looks correct though.

2022 class was kind of thrown together last minute to be fair .

Advertisement

So the thread should be changed to "Festivus" for grievance airing.

And the bolded part. To quote Brandon, "C'mon man!"

I think some of you need to go check these depth charts. A lot of these teams have Freshmen/sophmores in the 2 deep. For some reason we are accepting that it takes 3 and 4 years to develop. If these guys can't be relied on by now I think the bigger questions are either. Are we targeting the right high schoolers? Can we develop enough players to have long term success?
1000001941.jpg
1000001940.jpg

👏 I see a lot of So and Jr even fresh.

Advertisement
Welcome to team win now… we’ve been waiting for you Mario…
swear to god this is hilarious.

Its been excuses after excuses after excuses now its WIN NOW.

MFER shoulda been in WIN NOW from day 1. lol

Got bout the longest leesh i ever seen on a um coach n more resources than any.....his seat wont even be hot if he doesnt WIN NOW this year..because their will be justification for that as well.

He has CAM WARD for a year go all in.

Stop the cap 🧢. Most of FSU transfers were multiple yr guys that were unproven when they got there. They had to develop most of them and all Norvell recruiting classes were 15-20s not top 10 top 15 like Mario.
2019-2022
D'Mitri Emmanuel,Tatum Bethune,Jarrian Jones,Fabien Lovett, Trey Benson, Jared Verse, Jordan Travis...
Not proven 1 and done guys. They were JAGS that got coaching.

Greedy Vance another one they developed. If I was Norvell I would tell all recruits and transfers go to Miami to play behind Liechtenstein. Go to FSU to get coached. Look how they took Jalen Brown from LSU unproven watch he ball 2025 2026 and we say 🤣 he's a transfer.

Advertisement
Back