Jaylin Alderman LB from Louisville

Lets Go Football GIF by Miami Hurricanes
View attachment 287625
It's year 3. This is disingenuous and gross. One minute we have the best LB recruiting in a decade, next it's how could we expect these JAGs to step up. Only 1 LB on the roster remains from the Manny era.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's year 3. This is disingenuous and gross. One minute we have the best LB recruiting in a decade next then it's how couldwe expect these JAGs to step up. Only 1 LB on the roster remains from the Manny era.
Which is 1 too manny. He didnt recruit 1 good LB in his 5 years. Its about depth. By your logic we shouldnt have gone after Cohen last year. Shouldnt go after Martinez so the young RBs can play. LBs play alot on Special teams. Again 1 injury away from an unproven 1st/2nd year LB starting

Which is 1 too manny. He didnt recruit 1 good LB in his 5 years. Its about depth. By your logic we shouldnt have gone after Cohen last year. Shouldnt go after Martinez so the young RBs can play. LBs play alot on Special teams. Again 1 injury away from an unproven 1st/2nd year LB starting
By your logic we need to focus more on the portal and stop bragging about top 10 classes that are only good enough to take large chunks of NIL and not playing time.

By your logic we need to focus more on the portal and stop bragging about top 10 classes that are only good enough to take large chunks of NIL and not playing time.
Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Cause I said we should get every player out of the portal. By your idiologic we should have just rolled out with Emory and JB as our QBs.

THose young guys couldnt beat out Flagg..................that should tell you something. If you havent figured out that they are going all in next year I dont know what to tell you. What happens when Mauigoa/Bissainthe gets hurt. You really want one of the guys that couldnt beat out Flagg to start?
Flagg was a senior and the young guys were freshman and true sophomores lol.

Advertisement
He's not a stopgap...
Well yeah, I'd actually think it makes more sense for having him next year than it even does this year tbh. Mauigoa will be gone, and I'd bet theres a good shot Wes leaves after this year. Either he stepped up and declares for draft, or he didn't take that step up and possibly gets surpassed and transfers. Then we have no experience for next season... So that part makes sense to me why a guy with 2 yrs is actually more preferable than just 1.

I don't care as much about taking a LB and the 'taking snaps from younger guys' as I do about how much we're going to dedicate NIL wise. Like if this is a he's cheap/reasonable deal, yeah he's a take. But if this is a decent amount I think it's better spent getting a marginally better DT/CB. At some point and some positions we are going to have to rely on some young guys actually stepping up.

Depth is the key to winning championships and now with the added games due to the 12 team playoff system, depth is even more important. Injuries will happen in football and with addition of Alderman this could be the deepest LB group Miami has had in 20 years.

Base 4-2-4 defense 3 deep
MLB Francisco Mauigoa SR 6-3 230
MLB Raul Aguirre SO 6-2 233
MLB Chase Smith RJR 6-1 230

WIL Wesley Bissainthe JR 6-1 220
WIL Jaylin Alderman JR 6-1 230
WIL Marcellius Pulliam SO 6-3 230

4-3 Defense add the SAM position
SAM Cam Pruitt FR 6-2 200
SAM Bobby Washington RFR 6-3 220

Miami will finally have a deep core of "Miami Caliber" linebackers. Put 2 solid DT's in front of these guys and they will eat all season long.

Last edited:
This is a unique year. You get one shot with Cam Ward. You win and make noise this year, the pressure is off a bit and your recruiting will reach UGA/Bama level with the buzz. Basically pull out all the stops and unfortunately sacrifice some of the younger guys who don’t want to wait.

Plus, you always need grown men with experience to take snaps. We are always an injury away from losing our best LB.
We sure didn't think that way regarding DL. It's all a cluster-fu#$.

We have no SAM linebackers and a bunch of the guys we have can't play zone coverage or defend the RB out of the backfield in man. We have a bunch of guys thumping the LoS, but we have no experience behind that.

Pursuing that kid won't prevent us from pursuing help elsewhere. I'm not sure why people get this upset over a LB likely replacing Cloyds snaps.

Advertisement
I keep reading we have an elite recruiter but every position group needs portal help? What the **** is happenin.
The issue there is the lack of experience on the roster. When you look at the group of guys being targeted in the portal are older guys with lots of playing experience.

Michigan just won a championship with the oldest team in college football.

Committed/Targeted Portal guys by the class
C Zach Carpenter
DT C.J. Clark
DT Marley Cook
DE Elijah Alston
DE Tyler Baron
S Mishael Powell

QB Cam Ward
WR Sam Brown
DT Simeon Barrow Jr.
DT CJ West
CB Lorando Johnson

DT Derrick Harmon
LB Jaylin Alderman

RB Damien Martinez
CB Dyoni Hill
S Savion Riley

This clearly shows you that this staff wants older more experienced guys to play the major minutes while bringing the young guys along slowly. There just are not many Bains walking around, but if one emerges this staff has proven they will play the young guy(s).

I personally believe this is the smartest way to use the Portal. Build through high school recruiting and fill holes via the portal with older proven guys.

Last edited:
It tells me that all this Mario has upgraded the roster talk and clowning Manny for 2 years was a joke. We needed a QB. We need a RB. We need a WR. We needed a C. We need DEs. We need DTs. We need Corners. We need a safety. We also need a LB? I'm going to take a lap.

Needed a C? You chugging that Carpenter Kool-Aid??? I'm not convinced he'll be anything more than "serviceable" here.

It tells me that all this Mario has upgraded the roster talk and clowning Manny for 2 years was a joke. We needed a QB. We need a RB. We need a WR. We needed a C. We need DEs. We need DTs. We need Corners. We need a safety. We also need a LB? I'm going to take a lap.
Look at the LBs we have now. And then remember the LBs we had with Manny as head coach.

Two things should jump out: (1) we are in much better shape now; and (2) we should never be whining about having too many LBs.

Advertisement
I don’t get why we’re going for a portal LB of all the needs we have. Sooner or later the young guys need to have a chance to prove themselves and I honestly think we have the guys that will play to that level.
Then at the end you don’t play the talented freshman's and you bring experience depth? Then we wonder why they transfer!! There is no need or lack of talent excuse on this unit.

Advertisement
Look at the LBs we have now. And then remember the LBs we had with Manny as head coach.

Two things should jump out: (1) we are in much better shape now; and (2) we should never be whining about having too many LBs.
Well we have to many, we just don’t play him and keep bringing portal LB. Then we wonder about all the trash talk about how great the LB room is looking under DN and MC regime. Follow the actions not the words.

Ive been a fan of almost all the LB we recruited the last 2 years. If these guys cant be trusted for minor snaps a game we aren’t in better shape. Once they perform at a high level or any level I'll accept gloating. A year ago we were celebrating guys that aren't even on the team (Kelly, Wayne, Collins etc) Whining and acknowledging double standards are not the same but I know this is moping.

Advertisement
Back