Jaylan Knighton Talks Top Schools, Sets Decision Date

View as article
Pollute!?!?! Lmao go back in the thread and see who started disrespecting who. He might be a great coach, that doesnt mean his observations arent bias to his program or that he knows how to interact with others with different points of view. Idc what anybody saids, coach, ad, principal, etc, there is an anti-miami bias at some schools and Deerfield is one of them. Maybe the coach is getting a cut of the bag idk but dont tell me **** isnt suspect. How many players has Miami missed out from overthere? How does the kids opinion get so skewed? How does a school in our backyard send talent everywhere but here?

Advertisement
I keep hearing how STA is our pipeline school but we ain't getting their elite kids either. The kids from STA who have offers from the "bag" schools are leaving South Florida as well. They have loads of Miami caliber players every year yet we don't get the ones we REALLY want.
Signing Blades, who was a rotational guy, doesn't change the fact that their ELITE kids are going elsewhere.

If Battle and Ingraham were at Deerfield you'd accuse them of chasing bags...but because they're at a high school that throws us a peanut every year nobody bats an eye.

We're losing elite kids every year regardless of where they go to high school.

Pollute!?!?! Lmao go back in the thread and see who started disrespecting who. He might be a great coach, that doesnt mean his observations arent bias to his program or that he knows how to interact with others with different points of view. Idc what anybody saids, coach, ad, principal, etc, there is an anti-miami bias at some schools and Deerfield is one of them. Maybe the coach is getting a cut of the bag idk but dont tell me **** isnt suspect. How many players has Miami missed out from overthere? How does the kids opinion get so skewed? How does a school in our backyard send talent everywhere but here?

Look, I apologize for saying "STFU" in the initial. I had a ****ty sexual experience that day and was in a bad mood.

Now...

Tell me who Miami missed out on from Deerfield.

Look, I apologize for saying "STFU" in the initial. I had a ****ty sexual experience that day and was in a bad mood.

Now...

Tell me who Miami missed out on from Deerfield.
I keep hearing how STA is our pipeline school but we ain't getting their elite kids either. The kids from STA who have offers from the "bag" schools are leaving South Florida as well. They have loads of Miami caliber players every year yet we don't get the ones we REALLY want.
Signing Blades, who was a rotational guy, doesn't change the fact that their ELITE kids are going elsewhere.

If Battle and Ingraham were at Deerfield you'd accuse them of chasing bags...but because they're at a high school that throws us a peanut every year nobody bats an eye.

We're losing elite kids every year regardless of where they go to high school.

I don't know about the elite kids from STA but we are at least getting kids from the school. Deerfield Beach has given us nobody.

Advertisement
Jeudy, Eaford, KNIGHTON n thats just off the top of my head
Jeudy loved Miami but ultimately chose Bama. Can you blame him?

Eaford wasn't a priority nor was he treated as such.

Knighton is JUST NOW developing a relationship with Miami.

And the only other Miami caliber kid that Deerfield had was Dorlus and he wasn't even offered.

Please. You GOTTA have more than that to form a conspiracy theory.

And the only other Miami caliber kid that Deerfield had was Dorlus and he wasn't even offered.

Eaford dissed UM early on, and they still had him on campus last spring couple times...I just don't think this kid every gave two shyts about UM, and they kinda sensed us. Respect your opinion, though.

Ricardo Louis went out of his way to dog UM when he committed to FSU.

Stowbridge cold blooded chose UNC over UM.

Aaron Robinson- Bama, understandable...But the Bama offer was late right?

James Pierre- Did staff cool or did he flat out de-commit from UM to UNC. He didn't get into UNC either right so grades?

Powell--- Which you say is UM's fault, so whatever...I'll go with you, but as it was happening there were people who had Powell info and updates all along that were saying he kinda did UM dirty.

I believe you Macho if saying is a lot exaggerated, but there is at least a little smoke here?

Last edited:
Eaford dissed UM early on, and they still had him on campus last spring couple times...I just don't this kid every gave two shyts about UM, and they kinda sensed us. Respect your opinion, though.

Ricardo Louis went out of his way to dog UM when he committed to FSU.

Stowbridge cold blooded chose UNC over UM.

Aaron Robinson- Bama, understandable...But the Bama offer was late right?

James Pierre- Did staff cool or did he flat out de-commit from UM to UNC. He didn't get into UNC either right so grades?

Powell--- Which you say is UM's fault, so whatever...I'll go with you, but as it was happening there were people who had Powell info and updates all along that were saying he kinda did UM dirty.

I believe you Macho if saying is a lot exaggerated, but there is at least a little smoke here?

I understand where yall are coming from...but I'm tellin' yall...we good at Deerfield right now.
Coach Glenn loves Manny and the new staff.
The kids aren't shunning Miami either, they're receptive. We just gotta get our **** together on the field.

Advertisement
I understand where yall are coming from...but I'm tellin' yall...we good at Deerfield right now.
Coach Glenn loves Manny and the new staff.
The kids aren't shunning Miami either, they're receptive. We just gotta get our **** together on the field.

This what matters then...

Besides Knighton can anyone from Deerfield commit to UM right now.

Mcdougal? Or is he waiting, battling Restrepo for slot spot?

Henningham looks like a beast to me...Is he gonna def be at Deerfield though? Gowdy nice too but not sure he's an option as so many good WR. Can OL Jean work his way into consideration?

Last edited:

Buddy those are only off the top of my head. Lets say Deerfield has had about 7-10 D1 athletes in the last 5 to 10 years NONE have come to Miami. That is suspect as ***, even from AH we have pulled kids absolutely nothing from Deerfield. Just admit that while maybe its not obvious to someone on staff to see it, there is something very weird for school that has some talent has not had 1player commit to the closest power 5 school. N not just any p5 school like Arkansas Baylor Iowa State etc but a program that has has repeated national championship success n delivered so many pro bowlers and HOFs to the league.

There's a difference between batting .200 at a school like Saint Thomas and batting .000 at a school. we are literally batting .000 at DBHS, a school that is 30-40 minutes away from our home stadium.

Eaford sh*tting on us at Paradise camp a few years ago
Ricardo Louis throwing our hat on the ground before picking FSU

I'm not saying DBHS is anti-Miami, but I am definitely in the "show me" group. I will believe it when I see it. If anyone can do it Manny can.

@Coach Macho how many 2020 Miami caliber players does Deerfield have this year?

This what matters then...

Besides Knighton can anyone from Deerfield commit to UM right now.

Mcdougal? Or is he waiting, battling Restrepo for slot spot?

Henningham looks like a beast to me...Is he gonna def be at Deerfield though? Gowdy nice too but not sure he's an option as so many good WR. Can OL Jean work his way into consideration?

I would say McDougal and Knighton are takes for c/o 2020. Not really sure about Gowdy cause he barely played last season.

Philip O'Brien is a 6'1" CB with ACC offers. Someone to keep an eye on. Just got offered by Georgia actually.

Advertisement
There's a difference between batting .200 at a school like Saint Thomas and batting .000 at a school. we are literally batting .000 at DBHS, a school that is 30-40 minutes away from our home stadium.

Eaford sh*tting on us at Paradise camp a few years ago
Ricardo Louis throwing our hat on the ground before picking FSU

I'm not saying DBHS is anti-Miami, but I am definitely in the "show me" group. I will believe it when I see it. If anyone can do it Manny can.

@Coach Macho how many 2020 Miami caliber players does Deerfield have this year?

Just off the top of my head, I'd say 2 or maybe 3 at most.

Ivins said Knighton and don Chaney r watching practice this morning

I've been on board in saying Knighton goes to Clemson, but this is now 2 visits in under a month, and this isn't a "junior day" type thing. This is genuine interest. Could just be the kid is playing this intelligently and is gathering intel, but you don't come 2 times in a month if you have zero interest, especially for just a random practice on a Wednesday morning.

That being said, and this is a LONG way off, but if somehow the staff can pull off Chaney and Knighton, I don't think you'll find another school in the country who will sign 2 better 2020 backs. Those 2 are ELITE.

Advertisement
I've been on board in saying Knighton goes to Clemson, but this is now 2 visits in under a month, and this isn't a "junior day" type thing. This is genuine interest. Could just be the kid is playing this intelligently and is gathering intel, but you don't come 2 times in a month if you have zero interest, especially for just a random practice on a Wednesday morning.

That being said, and this is a LONG way off, but if somehow the staff can pull off Chaney and Knighton, I don't think you'll find another school in the country who will sign 2 better 2020 backs. Those 2 are ELITE.
Frank Ladson came to 3 spring practices last season

Advertisement
Back