Jayden Wayne to the portal

we got a lot wrong on the DL in the three Mario classes.

lost moss, kelly, Wayne, achempong thats a lot of top end talent to not develop, not play, and leave
It's either wrong evaluation or throwing **** at the wall to hope 1 sticks. But talent wasn't one of those things when it comes to those guys.

Advertisement
Why do I keep seeing bull**** on this site about "Mario's hand is forced", "this is the hand Miami baseball was dealt"?

Mario cut off his own hand by sucking on Saturdays for 2 ******* seasons and Miami dealt it's own baseball hand by hiring another MiamiBro instead of an experienced coach...

We are our biggest problem. Have been. Will continue to be until we wake the **** up.
Sure, no one will argue Mario didn’t cause this himself, how could they? Doesn’t mean it’s not the situation currently.

It's either wrong evaluation or throwing **** at the wall to hope 1 sticks. But talent wasn't one of those things when it comes to those guys.
...it's always throwing **** at the wall and seeing what sticks. You just want to hit at a higher rate than your peers. And getting higher rated guys increases that hit rate. But ultimately if you're hitting on 30% of the guys you're bringing in that's probably VERY good in the grand scheme of things where you're taking about 25/class.

Advertisement
Manny let kids hold us hostage. Mario is the opposite. it is what it is.

Other than QB1 for 2 years...

Advertisement
Maybe it was just the plays I watched, and maybe it was because of Bell, but I saw Wayne being completely shut down over and over again by Bell. Not saying Wayne isn’t or couldn’t be good, but he doesn’t seem very flexible and isn’t strong enough to bully OT’s. Same thing I saw from Kelly.

I’ve posted this a few times, but he had 1 foot out the door last year with the emergence of Bain. This was no surprise.

With the NIL, guys are not going to stick around.

It's wild so from my understanding yall saying that if guys like Lightfoot, Scott, Pickett, Blount don't light it up their freshman seasons they'll be pushed out this time next year
That seems to be what some are thinking which is a ridiculous idea and we can never turn a roster over enough to have this work without always needing the portal

It's wild so from my understanding yall saying that if guys like Lightfoot, Scott, Pickett, Blount don't light it up their freshman seasons they'll be pushed out this time next year
I genuinely can’t keep with all the dumb **** I’m reading

We landed a lot of elite level guys at one position in two years

Look at our LB room we are probably going to be having some tough tough portal losses there sooner than later as well

But the positive I guess is it’s what happens with good recruiting although we’ve had classes that have been unbalanced for sure

Our CB recruiting has been a joke so classes look good on paper but also have issues that will pop up a year or two down the road

But I dunno…I think I’m trying to be too logical for this conversation

Advertisement
That seems to be what some are thinking which is a ridiculous idea and we can never turn a roster over enough to have this work without always needing the portal
It's wicked **** like at that rate we'll just lose double digit guys each year and portal like FSU every year like you said. Not sustainable have to let guys develop especially in the trenches its wild

I genuinely can’t keep with all the dumb **** I’m reading

We landed a lot of elite level guys at one position in two years

Look at our LB room we are probably going to be having some tough tough portal losses there sooner than later as well

But the positive I guess is it’s what happens with good recruiting although we’ve had classes that have been unbalanced for sure

Our CB recruiting has been a joke so classes look good on paper but also have issues that will pop up a year or two down the road

But I dunno…I think I’m trying to be too logical for this conversation
That's not my personal take I want guys to get to year 3 and see where they are at development wise. But so many people on here saying we'll he didn't emerge as a huge breakout player after his freshman season so let's dump him or any of players in similar situations. This portal got everyone rushing **** just trippin

Advertisement
That's not my personal take I want guys to get to year 3 and see where they are at development wise. But so many people on here saying we'll he didn't emerge as a huge breakout player after his freshman season so let's dump him or any of players in similar situations. This portal got everyone rushing **** just trippin

These dudes aren't even close to done developing and some aren't even done growing. DL is a grown *** man game. I've seen people put in the work you didn't ever think would see the field and then they turn into something.

Pushed out, that would be a different story as you have benchmarks you want someone to hit developmentally off of the field. Stuff is just wild anymore. It's becoming a total circus.

Maybe it was just the plays I watched, and maybe it was because of Bell, but I saw Wayne being completely shut down over and over again by Bell. Not saying Wayne isn’t or couldn’t be good, but he doesn’t seem very flexible and isn’t strong enough to bully OT’s. Same thing I saw from Kelly.
Sure but the bigger picture here is that we were supposed to be building the trenches and 3 major recruits from the last two classes are already gone in Kelly, Wayne and Acheampong. Two of those guys didn’t even make it into year 2.

We will be fine, as we recruited DE well last cycle and we still have the portal and while this is in no way a death blow, it’s not great. We talk about building through the portal not being sustainable, I see evidence piling up in this new era that building through HS recruiting may not be sustainable. This kid was going into his 2nd year, he had time to develop and whatever NIL we did pay him was a waste now.

Last edited:
We need available scholarships for portal acquisitions and you folks are acting shocked. He was giving an honest assessment post-spring and he decided to transfer out. A win for all parties.

Advertisement
Back