Jayden Maiava to UGA now to USC

He’s not gonna start at UGA. He’s not good enough right now to start at a P5 school and win enough games. He wasn’t gonna come here and sit the bench behind Emory or Jacurri.
Nobody thought Bennett would ever start a game there either. Injuries and attrition can happen at any program at any time. The next thing u know…. kid is on the field.

Advertisement
Isn't the USC QB room thin at QB as well in terms of scholarship QBs? USC misses on Howard and this guy who would rather back up at UGA then be coached by Riley definitely makes you wonder exactly what is going on at USC.
I don’t think USC is winning any national championships soon. Georgia will be one of the usual favorites for quite some time.

I don’t think USC is winning any national championships soon. Georgia will be one of the usual favorites for quite some time.
My post was more pointing out that USC is having issues filling out their QB room than saying he should have gone there. You would think Riley giving his track record would have a more stable QB room then he does.

I thought Beck already said he is returning to UGA?
He did but behind him they basically have Gunnar Stockton who has 0 experience and no one else I believe. This guy at least gives them someone with experience behind Beck in case he gets injured because otherwise they are relying on Stockton with no experience or hoping they have another Stetson Bennett walk on on their roster.

I was impressed by Stocktons arm when he was coming out of high school. The game I watched looked like he needed to take about 20% off his throws, seems like the ball was going right through the receivers hands, was crazy to see that many drops. Course I’m no way a qb guru but I was impressed, and at that time he was committed to South Carolina.

Advertisement
Nobody thought Bennett would ever start a game there either. Injuries and attrition can happen at any program at any time. The next thing u know…. kid is on the field.

And winning back to back titles 👀

That has nothing to do with what I said. Hes not good enough to be a P5 starter and he wasn’t coming to sit behind Emory or Jacurri. That eliminates Miami.

Good for UGA to be at a point where a kid like him is willing to sit behind Beck.

The two have nothing to do with eachother. And injuries have nothing to do with either of those things.

college gameday sport GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
So him and Miller Moss will be battling it out for QB1. I think this is what its about where he has a best chance to start. Yes, Moss balled but its just one game and against Louisville that had half the team opt out. No way Jayden starts in Georgia in 2024 but he does have a chance to start at USC next season. Now if Moss wins the job and kills it next season then I expect Jayden to be the next Miami Hurricanes QB for 2025, hopefully before spring game of 2025

Advertisement
Back